Author Topic: DUmmie projection: Lying in the Media?  (Read 989 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmmie projection: Lying in the Media?
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
VRWM lies to the people? Are we reading the same things?

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-31-08 05:14 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3086516
Has Lying Become a Requirement for Right Wing Media? 
 Advertisements [?]Has Lying Become a Requirement for Right Wing Media?
Gary Ater
March 28, 2008

I am getting so tired of trying to get some balance with a real and truthful understanding of the news and events without having to listen to all of the out-right false statements coming from the conservative right. When I listen to the more progressive cable TV networks such as MSNBC and progressive radio talk show hosts like Tom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Stephanie Miller or Bill Press, I seldom if ever hear the mis-statements and falsehoods that seem to continue daily, pouring out on the air waves of the right wing talk and cable TV shows.

In trying to determine why there is this difference between the Right and the Left, I came across the following explanation on the Internet (and yes, it's probably written by someone from the Left). The following explanation does however, offer what appears to be a reasonable statement as to possibly why the conservative, right-wing broadcast and cable media companies feel they must allow this "less than honest" attitude from their conservative TV and radio hosts.

Whether it came from the left or not, the following does in most areas seem to make pretty good sense.

EXPLANATION: Why Right-Wing Media Makes So Many Mis-Statements of the Facts?

"Conservative media corporations are not about to broadcast truthful criticisms of any possible corrupted capitalism in the United States unless events like the Enron collapse absolutely force them into covering the event. And they sure as hell aren't going to do any muckraking of their own, or will they allow or foster any outside skepticism about their own corporate behavior.

More:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/56809

L. Coyote  (1000+ posts)      Tue Apr-01-08 02:53 PM
Response to Reply #1
19. Sorry, it in NOT lying if you don't know WTF you are reading off the teleprompter!!
 Edited on Tue Apr-01-08 02:53 PM by L. Coyote
And, sadly, that is all too often the case.

I e-mailed a complaint to a news "personality" stating the obvious, LIE, and the reply was

"I don't write it, I just read it."

And, if you want to get paid, that's the job!!

Wait...does this mean if W didn't know the Intel was wrong?...

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts)       Mon Mar-31-08 05:28 PM
Response to Original message
5. It is because the right wing condones it
 They would be cut down very quickly if the right wing membership didn't actually condone it and participate in lying themselves.

They call it spin and then they fell better about it.

The spindoctors were going full swing during bill's time in office.

Mountainman (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-31-08 06:39 PM
Response to Original message
13. Lying is the only way they can get support, the truth would never sell in this country.
 There use to be a time when news was mostly objective. That was before news departments were profit centers. News was seen as a public service. A democracy needed informed voters. The right has taken that idea and bastardized it. The voters are still being informed only the information is not the truth.

::)

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
Re: DUmmie projection: Lying in the Media?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »
When I listen to the more progressive cable TV networks such as MSNBC and progressive radio talk show hosts like Tom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Stephanie Miller or Bill Press, I seldom if ever hear the mis-statements and falsehoods that seem to continue daily, pouring out on the air waves of the right wing talk and cable TV shows.

I have a question: How do you know that it's not "Tom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Stephanie Miller or Bill Press' who is lying?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
It ain't the rightwing who must stand on guard at all times to make sure their ideology and distorted reality isn't exposed. 

I offer DemocratUnderground.com as Exhibit A. 

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
Hey DUmmy! Let's have just one example of what you are talking about, you have none you say...well imagine that. :bs: :bs: :bs:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".