Author Topic: diet cola primitive bashes a Nebraska company  (Read 1827 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
diet cola primitive bashes a Nebraska company
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x72438

Oh my.

The diet cola primitive, from over there in New England; the one that was too lazy to fix a Thanksgiving dinner for his wife, even though she had been working that day--also, the diet cola primitive's the one who turns on the oven without checking inside first, to be sure there's nothing already in there, like leftover pizza or a cat or something.

Tab  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-17-09 04:52 AM
NOMINEE FOR TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Original message

Omaha Steaks Warning (was in Praise of Omaha Steaks)

Caveat: These people do great things with Filet Mignon, a cut most self-respecting cooks want nothint to do with, but put on the menu becuase customers expect it.

THey have 100% guarantee - love the producct or get 100% credit toward anything eise in their catalog with their copmpletements - and they mean it. What they won't tell is is that they will send you a letter that since you are obviously not pleased with their order, to please never order from them again. They will not accept their order.

I had ordered from OS for year, but had one bad order, and returned it. For that, I am forever blacklisted.

So, keep this in mind. There are other, though not as well-known, quality processors out these. Next time, I will choose one of those.

Paper Roses  (451 posts)      Thu Dec-17-09 06:41 AM
Response to Original message

1. My personal opinion? Not worth the money. An order was sent to a family member last year. The report from them to me, not the giver, was that the meat was dry and not up to billing. The smallish package was $54.00. I could do wonders in the meat department at my grocery store with that same money.

Rabrrrrrr  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-17-09 10:32 PM

2. Eh, their beef tastes like shit anyway. And for the price, it's ludicrous.

Total piece of shit enterprise.

Go to a local butcher - you'll do way, way, way better than that overpriced shithole.

pengillian101  (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-18-09 12:03 AM

3. Sorry you had that experience. 

We have ordered from Omaha Steaks for quite a few years. I have called to complain a couple of times, and always was more than satisfied.

You must have reached a crabby customer service person that wasn't in a mood to help you.

Call again. They will most likely satisfy with either a money refund or new product.

katkat  (922 posts)      Fri Dec-18-09 07:59 AM

5. did they actually refuse to honor our credit,or was it the next order that was refused?

(Not defending them, just curious. I'm a vegetarian, anyway.)

Tab  (1000+ posts)        Fri Dec-18-09 03:27 PM
CANDIDATE FOR TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #5

6. They honored the credit and commpanied with a letter to please never use their service again, since we were obviously unhappy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: diet cola primitive bashes a Nebraska company
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Rabrrrrrr  (1000+ posts)
Thu Dec-17-09 10:32 PM

2. Eh, their beef tastes like shit anyway. And for the price, it's ludicrous.

Total piece of shit enterprise.

Go to a local butcher - you'll do way, way, way better than that overpriced shithole.

Speaking of being in a bad mood.  Bitter much, Rabrrrrrrrrr? :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline sharkhawk

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 03:01:39 PM »
Figured the dummy was a scam artist looking to get free stuff.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
I think the idiot is just pissed because he was most likely verbally abusive to the hapless customer service rep and they refused to take his crap.  Plus wanted more steak for free.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
Figured the dummy was a scam artist looking to get free stuff.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, last Christmas--or maybe it was the Christmas before--the primitives whined about Omaha Steaks' policy of asking nitpicking customers to please not order from them again.

At that bonfire, which was longer than this current one, it was obvious what the primitives were up to; trying to get free goods by facetiously complaining.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »
Oh my, and here it is; it's practically a re-cycle:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,8958.0/
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
Oh my, and here it is; it's practically a re-cycle:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,8958.0/

The same poster too. :rotf: :mental:

They really must work hard to forget everything within 10 minutes.
Someone with a mole should ask the idiot about why he is posting the same thing a year and a half later.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
The same poster too. :rotf: :mental:

They really must work hard to forget everything within 10 minutes.
Someone with a mole should ask the idiot about why he is posting the same thing a year and a half later.

Fat Che used to do that; Fat Che used to "save" some things, and then post them on Skins's island 3-4 months later, word-for-word, acting as if it was a new bonfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
Don't like Omaha steaks, DUmmies?

Here try this...

http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=120

1 (10 oz.) Dry-Aged Wagyu Boneless Rib Steak    $80.98
   1 (12 oz.) Dry-Aged Wagyu Boneless Rib Steak    $96.98
   1 (16 oz.) Dry-Aged Wagyu Boneless Rib Steak    $129.98

Maybe Obumble will buy one for you, after all, it is what HE eats at the White House.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »
OMG that recycle was too funny!  I would bet money that he was trying to wrangle free stuff from them, and maybe not for the first time.  Hence, the letter from them.  I've given and received Omaha steak stuff, and have been pleased.  They get good online reviews, too. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »
Coming from the area...former family would send us steaks from Omaha Steaks.

They are a good company provided you want to pay that much, and the product we received was always quite good.

Personally, getting it as a gift is great....paying for it myself.....ummm. nope. Too cheap to spend that kind of money for something to pass through my intestinal track.... :uhsure:

I thought this quote from the original poster ...."These people do great things with Filet Mignon, a cut most self-respecting cooks want nothint to do with, but put on the menu becuase customers expect it"....to be an interesting comment.

"Self-respecting cooks want nothing to do with" filet mignon? Since when?

I am not a filet mignon fan and don't order it in a restaurant...I prefer NY strips or ribeyes....but I often do whole beef tenderloins for company. I've never had a guest act like it was a chore to eat it....

Does this mean I don't respect myself as a cook?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Methinks the diet cola primitive was trying to impress their fellow Dummies with their affluence and superior palates.....  :loser:

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
If I was going to spend that much money for mail order meat, I would probably buy something more unusual, like wild boar loin or caribou steak from Cabelas.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
DUmmies prefer tube steak.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »
My BIL recieved a gift box from Omaha Steaks from some company he did business with. The ribeyes were tasty but they also included hotdogs. I have never seen a dog plump like that when boiled, not even Ballpark. It was pretty awesome tasting too. Not something we really can afford to buy though.

I am not picky. Give me a balogna sandwich and I'm happy, happier with corn chips on the side.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 06:53:26 PM »
I have never had an Omaha Steak - but I am surrounded by all sorts of tasty animals, so finding real fresh anything is easy... Expensive, but easy. Unless its fish, then its super cheap.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 07:02:09 PM »
I don't remember if I've had their steaks, but their 'gourmet' hot dogs are really good.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
I got a gift package several years ago from them and their stuff is quite good.  Expensive, but good.

Ever since then I've been on their mailing list and about every 18 months without ordering they'll send some special offer out that has enough free steak burgers or other stuff include to make it a reasonable price.  So I place an order, eat some good stuff and wait for the next offer that I can't refuse.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:29:05 AM »
I don't remember if I've had their steaks, but their 'gourmet' hot dogs are really good.

My brother cooked some of their rib eyes one time at a tailgate party. Man those things were good!  :drool:

Never had their hot dogs. Didn't even know they had them. I went and checked the price at their website... 8 for $28.00 although they were on sale for $10.00. Expensive dogs.
omaha hot dogs

I have a hard time believing the dumpmonkies could afford something like that. Oh wait... when you don't pay for your health care, I guess it's easy to afford it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »
Well, since I grow my own, I have never had the privilege of eating steak from the Coach's home state. What I can tell you is, they run their advertising thru Rush. I think the last I heard it had a price tag of $20,000/minute. The only advertising I have heard from them. The man is not a liar! So his word is all I need as to the quality of their product. He brags about their hot dogs! Says they're a real hit with his family, especially the kids. him included, btw. A man who eats hot dogs while making millions of dollars a year, can't be all bad! Stuff that in your bong and smoke it, DUmmies!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 01:52:11 AM »
If I was going to spend that much money for mail order meat, I would probably buy something more unusual, like wild boar loin or caribou steak from Cabelas.

I'll tell ya what, pay me half of what they want and I'll guarndamnteeya, you'll be beggin' me to send more! I raise black angus. 2 every other year. One heifer and one steer, their is a difference in taste.

I have around 6 cookouts a year with a minimum of 15 people. I hate the damn things, but if I wanna get laid, I put up with them. I get the raw end of the deal too, since I'm the one who has to slave over the heat. There's nothing quite like home grown, be it weed, (as I'm sure the primitives will tell ya), pork, or beef. Good beef will damn near melt in your mouth. If you have to chew it more than half a dozen times, it's too tough in my book!

Damn, I'm goin' to have to fire up the grill!!!!!!!!! Just the thought of a porterhouse wafting into the winter air get's my mouth waterin'! It's late, but hell, I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow.

ETA: Tu...Tu....Tu........Lookin' out my backdoor!

We lease out the back pasture every year, so I get first pick on calves, heh, heh!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:16:01 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 03:23:47 AM »
I'll tell ya what, pay me half of what they want and I'll guarndamnteeya, you'll be beggin' me to send more! I raise black angus. 2 every other year. One heifer and one steer, their is a difference in taste.

I have around 6 cookouts a year with a minimum of 15 people. I hate the damn things, but if I wanna get laid, I put up with them. I get the raw end of the deal too, since I'm the one who has to slave over the heat. There's nothing quite like home grown, be it weed, (as I'm sure the primitives will tell ya), pork, or beef. Good beef will damn near melt in your mouth. If you have to chew it more than half a dozen times, it's too tough in my book!

Damn, I'm goin' to have to fire up the grill!!!!!!!!! Just the thought of a porterhouse wafting into the winter air get's my mouth waterin'! It's late, but hell, I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow.

ETA: Tu...Tu....Tu........Lookin' out my backdoor!

We lease out the back pasture every year, so I get first pick on calves, heh, heh!

You got my mouth watering now...

I used to play with a bluegrass band out in california. Once we did a wedding out in Carmel Valley, on a little hobby farm. They slaughtered and cooked a lamb and a pig. The lamb was more than enough to serve the whole wedding reception (and it was awesome), so they never served any of the pig at the reception. They cut the ass end of the pig off and gave it to us to take home as a tip. That was pretty good eatin' too.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:48 AM »
I have around 6 cookouts a year with a minimum of 15 people. I hate the damn things, but if I wanna get laid, I put up with them. I get the raw end of the deal too, since I'm the one who has to slave over the heat.  out the back pasture every year, so I get first pick on calves, heh, heh!

Need some help at those cookouts? heh.