Author Topic: A word to the rich who think that taxes are too high.  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
A word to the rich who think that taxes are too high.
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
angrycarpenter  Donating Member  (649 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 11:28 AM
Original message
A word to the rich who think that taxes are too high.   Updated at 11:59 AM

LEAVE. Take your money and go. America will survive without you.

People who who think nothing of throwing money away on exclusive country clubs or luxury cars for every day of the week complain that taxes are killing them. well did paying taxes ever take food out of the mouths of your children? They do for the working poor. Go away if you want to tax the poor further, they cannot afford any more taxation then they already have.

Many rich are living here because our tax structure lets them keep more of their money than other countries. But even here they complain. What do you want, no taxes? Why do you not want to give back to the society that made you rich in the first place? Is the thought that some poor person may benefit from a social program so repugnant? If you would rather people starve, then leave we do not need you.

America is the best country in the world to be rich in. When you pay country club dues you do it with the knowledge that being there gives you access to business contacts to continue your decadent life. Taxes are the membership dues for America. They allow you to live like kings here in relative safety. If you like your peasants even more desperately poor go elsewhere.

So rather than ruin our country for the other 90% whom you despise. Go away. Take all of your precious money and go elsewhere. Even if it means depression we will be better off in the long run without your manipulation of our government just for the sake of having your cake and eating it too.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2811167

Yeah real smart have the people that you want to tax to death leave the country. Then when all that is left is us poor folks guess who will have to pay all the taxes?

:whatever:

I also find it funny you guys blast the hell out of the rich for buying expensive things which in turn gives other people jobs to supply those "luxuries" that you hate so much. Without people spending money then there is no economy but then again economics were never a strong point for any of you moonbats. You seem to think that the govt should take care of all our basic needs and give us a weekly allowance for cheetos and pot.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: A word to the rich who think that taxes are too high.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 03:46:49 PM »
Cant trust em  Donating Member  (975 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 11:41 AM
Response to Original message
4. I do agree that they should shut up, but we do need them

They do help fuel the economy with all of the expensive stuff they consume. Here's an article I read in Newsweek about how we need their investment. One interesting point it makes is how much of a hometown advantage American markets get for their investment. Most Americans only have a small fraction invested in foreign markets.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/96364

You hear that you rich bastards? Work your ass off, pay your taxes and keep your mouth shut. And when we want more we will just send uncle Sam to get more from you.

greyhound1966  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 01:41 PM
Response to Reply #4
11. No, we really don't. Wall Street needs them and politicians think they need them,

but the country as a whole not only doesn't need them, but would be a far better place without them. They are a huge and constant drain on the rest of us.

WTF planet does this guy come from? The rich are a drain on society? I would think the cheeto munching nanny govt loving moonbats would be the drain on society.  :banghead:

Xenotime  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 12:03 PM
Response to Original message
6. The ultra wealthy have no place in america...

I have seen these super rich individuals spend the equvilant of a year's worth of a working man's salary on meaningless shit. And their kids aren't learning anything either when they get a $1 million sweet sixteen back. WTF!?!?

Once again Einstein, all that money that the rich are shelling out for things that you do not approve of feeds the economy. Other people make a living off those shopping sprees.

angrycarpenter  Donating Member  (649 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 02:08 PM
Response to Reply #15
19. It's an awful situation   Updated at 11:59 AM

They are here to use our country for no other purpose then to get more money. They use their influence to control our government, destroy our environment, and turn our poorest citizens into a resourse to be used and then discarded. I am sure that there are rich who do not fit into this description, they can stay. People who have no respect for our way of life but have immense political power are tearing down our institutions for the sake of money and power. If we cannot get a handle on them we are lost.
:banghead: :banghead:

**** I cant read any more of that thread my IQ just dropped by 10 points from all the head banging.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »
I am sorry -- this is so unbelievable I can't even comment on it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »
They're a bitter bunch of unemployed dopers there aren't they?

Seriously...I've never seen a bigger collection of people so angry over the fact they have to WORK for success rather than having it handed to them in my life.

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
Infantile jealousy,anger,bitter selfishness on parade.

These are the people that want to "take our country back" as they so love to say.
It is frightening and if anyone thinks that when the rich are gone they would stop then they need to read the bile they have.

Rich will be a forever re-fefined downward level until there is nothing but poverty.
They are too hoplessly stupid to understand how the world does and has always worked and when OMC tries to explain it they react in the way one would expect from spoiled little selfish children.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
I take it back and was able to slog through it and come up with these points:

1. There is no definition of "rich."
2. There is no definition of "fair share."

My take:

1. Anyone who makes more thane ME
2. Enough for the government to give everything I want to ME
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
Instead of all the rich folks leaving, why don't they stay and buy the country?  Then we can help them establish a true capitalist society with a new capitalist constitution.  We could call the new country the  United Accounts of Rich Capitalists. 

Then we could enslave the liberals and be even richer!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 05:06:29 PM »
angrycarpenter  Donating Member  (649 posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-03-08 11:28 AM
Original message

People who who think nothing of throwing money away on exclusive country clubs or luxury cars for every day of the week complain that taxes are killing them. well did paying taxes ever take food out of the mouths of your children? They do for the working poor. Go away if you want to tax the poor further, they cannot afford any more taxation then they already have.

Many rich are living here because our tax structure lets them keep more of their money than other countries. But even here they complain. What do you want, no taxes? Why do you not want to give back to the society that made you rich in the first place? Is the thought that some poor person may benefit from a social program so repugnant? If you would rather people starve, then leave we do not need you.

America is the best country in the world to be rich in. When you pay country club dues you do it with the knowledge that being there gives you access to business contacts to continue your decadent life. Taxes are the membership dues for America. They allow you to live like kings here in relative safety. If you like your peasants even more desperately poor go elsewhere.

So rather than ruin our country for the other 90% whom you despise. Go away. Take all of your precious money and go elsewhere. Even if it means depression we will be better off in the long run without your manipulation of our government just for the sake of having your cake and eating it too.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2811167

Yeah real smart have the people that you want to tax to death leave the country. Then when all that is left is us poor folks guess who will have to pay all the taxes?

I also find it funny you guys blast the hell out of the rich for buying expensive things which in turn gives other people jobs to supply those "luxuries" that you hate so much. Without people spending money then there is no economy but then again economics were never a strong point for any of you moonbats. You seem to think that the govt should take care of all our basic needs and give us a weekly allowance for cheetos and pot.  :whatever:

What a bunch of assmunches. I'll take 10 Britney Spears or Paris Hilton's with their money and economic contribution over a handful of losers who leach a lifetime off of the system. The working poor and the super wealthy both want to keep as much of their money as they can, they only thing that differs is the amount so don't subscribe some superior sense of values to the working poor. From what I've seen of lower economic classes they are as much in it for themselves as any self-centered spoiled rich Orange County housewife.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 05:17:26 PM »
They're a bitter bunch of unemployed dopers there aren't they?

Seriously...I've never seen a bigger collection of people so angry over the fact they have to WORK for success rather than having it handed to them in my life.

Absolutely. I think they only reason they begrudge the 'rich' is because they aren't one of them. They see them 'playing' but they don't realize that for the people who actually worked to get there it took a lot of time sacrificed and spent at work to accumulate those playthings or playtimes. And they really begrudge the wife/husband and children of someone who is 'rich'. They never consider that the person who earned that money has every right to spend it on whomever he or she pleases. The DUmmies seem to forget that is not their money, it is not the 'people's' money...it is the money of the person who earned it PERIOD, end of story. The rich are only obligated, like any other citizen, to provide basic infrastructure to their community and country, they are not obligated to support loungeabouts that even their own families have rejected supporting their every whim financially.

DU ****ing disgusts me. Pardon my language.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »
[youtube=425,350]JtdwcbqeE5s[/youtube]

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »
well, we are heavily taxed but we arent so rich that we have tons of money in the bank to finance our life, should we move out of the US. my husband, as most, would still have to work.

and where could we move that isnt already a socialized country? or a hell hole? my first pick might be Mexico, but I'm not sure I really could live there.

the facts are, the US is the best country in the world and our leaving would only diminish *your* lives quite a bit.. in fact, it would diminish your lives while giving us no real benefit.

so, any other bright ideas?  :whatever:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:10:36 PM by Lauri »

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »
Instead of all the rich folks leaving, why don't they stay and buy the country?  Then we can help them establish a true capitalist society with a new capitalist constitution.  We could call the new country the  United Accounts of Rich Capitalists. 

You don't get richer by assuming unproductive liabilities.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »

You don't get richer by assuming unproductive liabilities.

But we'd get Barbra Streisand's malibu estate.  I didn't say we'd feed them.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »
This is precisely what will kill this country.  When the have-nots (or at least those who THINK they are have-nots) figure out they can vote more money from the haves (or what is perceived as the haves) then we will be in a world of hurt.  That day is not far away if we don't make some changes in tax structure.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
They just don't see it, and they never will... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
So exactly how much is rich? I'd really like to know, I think we pay to much taxes. Am I rich? If I am please tell me so I can act like I'm rich.

BTW...are there rich rednecks?
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »
When I think of the rich, I think of these people:

DUmmie Endorsements
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline paladin0

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 05:42:43 PM »
How many dummie heads will explode when they learn that the "rich" end up paying over 80% of the tax revenue collected?

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »
So exactly how much is rich? I'd really like to know, I think we pay to much taxes. Am I rich? If I am please tell me so I can act like I'm rich.

BTW...are there rich rednecks?
Rich="anyone who makes more than ME"
Fair Share="an amount I decide"

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »

OK...if they put as much effort into makin money as they do tryin to steal it from the "rich"..They too could be "rich"
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »

OK...if they put as much effort into makin money as they do tryin to steal it from the "rich"..They too could be "rich"

The "fair share" mantra is a bit silly on their part.  Ten percent is good enough for God, so ten percent must be the REAL "fair share" amount.   Demanding any amount more is greedy and unholy.     

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 07:02:16 AM »
I wonder who he thinks bankrolls real estate developments or wants additional construction on their homes to keep angry carpenters employed?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline claret1995

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »
Original message

The founders never envisioned nor wanted the tax system of today. They did not think the federal gov't had any bizness taxing "THE PEOPLE"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »
angrycarpenter 
19. It's an awful situation   Updated at 11:59 AM

They are here to use our country for no other purpose then to get more money. They use their influence to control our government, destroy our environment, and turn our poorest citizens into a resourse to be used and then discarded. I am sure that there are rich who do not fit into this description, they can stay. People who have no respect for our way of life but have immense political power are tearing down our institutions for the sake of money and power. If we cannot get a handle on them we are lost.

then PLEASE ask your fellow leftie, George Soros, to take his billions made off of shorting the American dollar, collapsing the Russian economy and all of his political power given to him by Bill and Hillary Clinton and ... LEAVE.

although, without Soros's money washing around the Dem party, I'm not sure Hillary and all the other influential Dems would have a shot in hell of getting the nomination..

Offline rich_t

• TANSTAAFL
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
I'm Rich.

My taxes are too high.

"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of 'liberalism,' they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." --Norman Thomas, 1944