Author Topic: The murder portion of the Rittenhouse trial is pretty much over.  (Read 596 times)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
The murder portion of the Rittenhouse trial is pretty much over.
« on: November 08, 2021, 02:08:41 PM »

Sympthsical (2,387 posts)

I'm not sure if anyone else is listening. But this is the victim with the gun (so, third person shot?) on the stand. I don't know if it's prosecution or defense asking him the question.

Attorney: "It wasn't until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him . . . now your gun is down pointed at him, that he fired, right?"

Witness: "Correct."

All done.

All that's left is to hash out what's going to happen with the weapons charges.

Reality is setting in for the DUmmies. I've already filled 3 water bottles with their tears..it's delicious..

Star Member Devil Child (2,477 posts)
1. Agreed

Not an effective witness for the prosecution.

Calista241 (4,795 posts)
2. I'm not sure this case will survive a motion to dismiss. n/t

Thomas Hurt (10,842 posts)
3. There were three people shot, two are dead, this only covers the one that lived...

did the others have guns?

Dr. Strange (25,142 posts)
4. Nope.

This was the only one of the three that had a gun.

Sympthsical (2,389 posts)
6. No, but

The first one shot was clearly the aggressor. There is video.

Now this one was clearly pointing a loaded weapon at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse fired.

Right now, the defense is just playing with this witness, leading him straight into a trap.

The murder charges are done.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SVPete

Re: The murder portion of the Rittenhouse trial is pretty much over.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 02:19:30 PM »
DUmmies' obvious dismay that the truth about what happened is coming out in testimony and video is both :popcorn: and revealing. Like my signature quotes say ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 02:26:07 PM »
DUmmies' obvious dismay that the truth about what happened is coming out in testimony and video is both :popcorn: and revealing. Like my signature quotes say ...

To quote another poster at H5; "I could watch that shit all day!"

:-) :-) :-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »
If a 17-year old turns around and shoots a child molester who is chasing him down the street, that isn't murder; it's a public service.

Here's the link: https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216031376
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:01:07 PM by Mary Ann »

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »
At this point does the defense even need to present a case?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »
The murder portion shouldn't have been a thing to begin with. But this is DU we're talking about, a place where no unwanted information gets in, and no one leaves the enclave.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 03:25:35 PM »
Now they have lost the regular game they can shoot for Woke Prosecution: the Home game (aka FBI raids Project Veritas' owner's home).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 03:53:55 PM »
At this point does the defense even need to present a case?

I can't wait for the defense portion where they call missing bicep guys roommate who said bicep guy told him his biggest regret was not shooting Kyle. Bicep guy denied he said it.

This case will get worse for the prosecution before it gets better.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 04:03:46 PM »
This is what scares me. If this even goes to the jury, will the jurors render a verdict that isn't influenced by clear threats?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2021/11/07/george-floyd-friend-claims-rittenhouse-jurors-are-being-tracked-and-photographed-n1530548

George Floyd’s friend, Cortez Rice, who is sometimes referred to as Floyd’s nephew, released a video on Twitter in which he claims he knows people gathering photos and other information about the remaining 18 men and women in the jury pool.

Cortez issued the video as an apparent warning to the jury. In it, he says he didn’t even “want to name the people that I know that is in the Kenosha trial. But there’s cameras in there. There’s definitely cameras up in there and there’s definitely people taking pictures of the juries and everything like that. We know what’s going on. So we need the same results, man.” He then began listing people he believed needed “justice.”

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 04:08:21 PM »
I learned a new term today, "Directed Verdict." It means the jury could not reasonably find the defendant guilty and the judge  dismisses Kyle as innocent by default.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/directed_verdict
A directed verdict is a ruling entered by a trial judge after determining that there is no legally sufficient evidentiary basis for a reasonable jury to reach a different conclusion.

The trial court may grant a directed verdict either sua sponte or upon a motion by either party.  A directed verdict may be granted at any time, but usually occurs after at least one party has been fully heard.

Motions for a directed verdict are governed by Rule 50 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Rule 29 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Directed verdicts have been largely replaced by judgment as a matter of law (JMOL).

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 04:57:46 PM »
Only a cowardly jury could save the prosecution at this point.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 06:29:45 PM »
Sympthsical (2,389 posts)
6. No, but

The first one shot was clearly the aggressor. There is video.

Now this one was clearly pointing a loaded weapon at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse fired.

Right now, the defense is just playing with this witness, leading him straight into a trap.

The murder charges are done.

Some trap, huh?  He was aiming a gun at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse fired and it was all caught on video tape.  You don't need Perry Mason setting some elaborate trap to get at the truth in this case.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2021, 06:45:22 PM »
Some trap, huh?  He was aiming a gun at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse fired and it was all caught on video tape.  You don't need Perry Mason setting some elaborate trap to get at the truth in this case.

I mean hell, I know exactly jack about law and court, and I think even I could put up an effective defense for Rittenhouse here. I'm almost embarrassed for the prosecutors at this point.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2021, 07:31:34 PM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »

I wonder how that was perceived by the jury.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 05:34:29 AM »
Thought I’d put this here since I doubt it will last long over there. Too much truth in this post for them to leave it up.

Severian
24. lol
I like how Rittenhouse's innocence has basically been proven by the prosecution's star witnesses (not to mention all the videos and photos), but the general response here is "that little punk got away with [being innocent?] and the RW are going to gloat."

Would you have preferred if this innocent person went to jail for life for being on the opposite end of a leftwing riot?

I can smell Alert buttons melting already.  :rofl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2021, 05:46:03 AM »
Thought I’d put this here since I doubt it will last long over there. Too much truth in this post for them to leave it up.

I can smell Alert buttons melting already.  :rofl:

KC

Annnnd its gone.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 06:08:34 AM »

Annnnd its gone.

I’d love to see them defend why that post was removed.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 06:40:46 AM »

I’d love to see them defend why that post was removed.

KC

Comrade,

Be a good citizen and don't question the decisions of your betters. They know best what's best for you.

Comply and obey.

Signed,
Your government

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2021, 06:48:46 AM »
Severian
24. lol
I like how Rittenhouse's innocence has basically been proven by the prosecution's star witnesses (not to mention all the videos and photos), but the general response here is "that little punk got away with [being innocent?] and the RW are going to gloat."

Would you have preferred if this innocent person went to jail for life for being on the opposite end of a leftwing riot?

Yes, Severian. DUmbshits see "being on the opposite end of a leftwing" ANYTHING as an unpardonable sin. They would infinitely prefer anybody with such "counterrevolutionary" notions to be jailed, fined into abject poverty, shunned from society as they see it, left to rot and their carcass fed to the dogs.

It was over before he was ever charged with it, DUmmy. That's the funny thing about facts and evidence; you can squeeze your eyes closed and plug your ears as tight as you like, and those damned FACTS never stop being FACTS.

But you DUmb****s go right on living in your Bizzarro World where facts don't matter. It'll make that cold, wet dose of reality headed your way just that much colder when it arrives.

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus