Author Topic: a public service  (Read 9086 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
a public service
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »
Probably most decent and civilized people know this, and maybe perhaps a few primitives, but it wouldn't hurt to run another "internet security" thread again, as a reminder.

I'm including the primitives in this, given that God compels one to be compassionate to those less fortunate than we.

And also with the foreknowledge that the primitives never pay attention to the counsel and advice given them by franksolich anyway, as demonstrated recently with the big guy running for office in Bellevue, Nebraska, who's done exactly the opposite of what his fellow Nebraskan's advised, and what professional Democrats usually counsel.

The fecund grasswire primitive's been blabbing about the real identity of franksolich for a couple of months now, as if she's come across some new and exciting dirt on franksolich.  On which things she's right, and on which things she's wrong, I'm unwilling to confirm or contest, because I want her to keep reading franksolich, clear back to 1995, to resolve the issue.  It's rare that one has such a dedicated reader, and I'd like to hold on to such a rare creature as long as possible.

But alas for the fecund grasswire primitive, she's simply been regurgitating old information and old disinformation, nothing new in it.  franksolich endured a "background check" a long time ago, during the Scamdal, and primitives of prominence at least (but possibly including a few unterprimitiven) have always been in possession of the same dull stale old information and disinformation.

I've wondered the past seven years, how the primitives managed to come across what they assume is franksolich's real name.  And alas for the primitives, that personage doesn't seem to have ever been much of an internet presence. 

But while going through some old files yesterday (Wednesday), it struck me.

Some might recall a few years ago, my hysteria and concern when the sparkling old dude posted a link on Skins's island that revealed apparently what was his real name.  I never went to the link; I merely saw the "address" of the link, and reeled back in shock, as if I was seeing something one shouldn't really see. 

This discovery was reported here, on these pages.

Because franksolich is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can ever hope to meet, and respects boundaries, I erased the name from all memory, remembering only that it was of Italianate derivation.

(To his credit, the sparkling old dude then quickly removed and changed the link, having seen my concern about it on these pages--which should serve as an example for the primitives; lurk here, and lurk here daily and regularly and hourly, as does the sparkling old dude.  You may learn something.)

Yesterday, while going through some images (JPGs) used during the Scamdal, it hit me.

I did not know this in spring 2005--I certainly have known it the past several years, though--but if one "right-clicks" on an image from photobucket, it reveals much information.  And if one "right-clicked" on images posted by franksolich, it revealed what appears to be a legitimate bona fide pretty ordinary name, like "Joe Smith" or something.

And during the Scamdal, I was posting these images all the time, in the DUmmie ALERT!s inside the DUmmie FUnnies on freerepublic.

The DUmmie ALERT!s were used to advise readers that something new had developed in the Scamdal; usually cloaked in ambiguous terms with rolling, screaming headlines, they caused decent and civilized people to scurry over to Skins's island to read poor stupid Beth's latest lies, and to subconsciously force the primitives to tip their hands.

Originally, I had wanted to use the blinking siren from Drudge, but as I couldn't get it to work on freerepublic, I resorted to using JPG images from a photobucket account.

And so a word from the wise; besides not using links that give a name, always be careful to post images whose "image information" reveals nothing, true or not true.

In other words, give one's photobucket and similar accounts some generic title.

It makes the blood run cold, that so many primitives use their real names, or what appear to be their real names, in such accounts, and the information's easily gotten by "right-clicking" the image.  It appears the lesson of Ben Burch, Fat Che, who wallowed like a pig in stalking (and blackmailing if possible) his fellow primitives, never sunk in.

What follows is a typical average run-of-the-mill DUmmie ALERT! from the spring of 2005, of which there were hundreds of them; please "right-click" the images to see how much information they divulge. 

(This DUmmie ALERT! was posted early during the Scamdal, when the late red round one was supposed to be in Baltimore but wasn't, having an operation he'd already had a couple of months previously in Seattle.)

DUmmie ALERT!

DUmmie ALERT!

DUmmie ALERT!

RED ROUND ONE DISAPPEARS!

INTO THIN AIR, EVAPORATES!

WHEREABOUTS UNKNOWN!

WITH THE WIND, GONE!

sfexpat2000 ALLEGES KIDNAPPING BY “freepers”!

ALLEGES FOUL PLAY BY “freepers”!

flyarm IN PARIS!  ON A SHOPPING SPREE!

ABANDONS SICK-BED OF THE RED ROUND ONE!

SICK-BED EMPTY, UNOCCUPIED, NEVER OCCUPIED!

OH RED ROUND ONE, WHERE ART THOU?

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: a public service
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »
Right click on this image and let me know what the "View image information" reads. Please C&P it so I know what it looks like.

There is an option in Photobucket that scramble you direct links for images posted. In other words, the links don't indicate where they come from.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »
Done.

If I were you, I'd re-name the account.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RWKindaGuy

• Hiding in the hinterlands as a professional
  • One giant rightward step for mankind
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »
Done.

Yep, good advice.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »
I have this option checked.

Unsure as to why it's not hiding link info.

Privacy options:
Scramble my filenames to make my links hard to guess
Permanently remove information about where my photos were taken
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
Done.

All set at private. You can only view the one pic. Not the entire album.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:03:32 AM »
All set at private. You can only view the one pic. Not the entire album.

Mine are all "private," have always been.

But the title of your account, well, I'd change it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »
Mine are all "private," have always been.

But the title of your account, well, I'd change it.

That option I don't see.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
That option I don't see.

I don't think you can; I merely transferred the images out of the old account which might or might not give my real name, and then closed the old account.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »
I'm a little confused.  It appears to me that by right clicking the image and selecting "view info", I didn't get anymore than Tucker's screen name here.  What am I missing?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
I'm a little confused.  It appears to me that by right clicking the image and selecting "view info", I didn't get anymore than Tucker's screen name here.  What am I missing?

You could have seen all of his other pictures because his album was visible.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Tucker

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »
You could have seen all of his other pictures because his album was visible.

No.

They were always set at private. You can only see the one pic.

The "view info" has my name in the link. That is visible. That's the issue.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
No.

They were always set at private. You can only see the one pic.

The "view info" has my name in the link. That is visible. That's the issue.

Right.  That's the issue.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Right.  That's the issue.

Okay, let's pretend I'm dumb and having a hard time with this.  All I could see is Tucker's screen name in "view info" and am a bit lost as to what you're saying as far as encouraging him to change that.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
Right.  That's the issue.

That's OK.

They don't know if it's a first name, a last name or AlienGirl reincarnated.

I have a imageshack account for DU postings.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
I have a photobucket account strictly for politics.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
I have a photobucket account strictly for politics.

Appropriately generically named, I hope.

If one "right-clicks" on the image of the television screen, one gets "too much" information.

If one "right-clicks" on the image of the can of worms, one gets no information.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »
That's OK.

They don't know if it's a first name, a last name or AlienGirl reincarnated.

I have a imageshack account for DU postings.

I've never used anythin' except ImageShack for just that reason!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
Okay, let's pretend I'm dumb and having a hard time with this.  All I could see is Tucker's screen name in "view info" and am a bit lost as to what you're saying as far as encouraging him to change that.

It depends upon what one is using one's screen-name for.

Perhaps Tucker uses his screen-name for perfectly innocuous reasons, and hence no reason to change.

But if franksolich's mole on Skins' island were to be a little careless, and posts an image there, which could be tracked to franksolich from its photobucket account name of "franksolich", well then, bye-bye mole.

Real names, or what seem to be real names, should never be used on such accounts.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
It depends upon what one is using one's screen-name for.

Perhaps Tucker uses his screen-name for perfectly innocuous reasons, and hence no reason to change.

But if franksolich's mole on Skins' island were to be a little careless, and posts an image there, which could be tracked to franksolich from its photobucket account name of "franksolich", well then, bye-bye mole.

Real names, or what seem to be real names, should never be used on such accounts.

Ah, got it.  Was not thinking of that as it applied to posting pics on DU.  My mole(s) don't post pics.

:-)

C.S. Lewis

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »
Ah, got it.  Was not thinking of that as it applied to posting pics on DU.  My mole(s) don't post pics.

:-)

I won't say if my mole does or doesn't--too much information for the MIR Team there--but generally if one has a mole, avoid posting images unless one is acutely aware of what one is doing.

Don't let the mole get careless, don't do it unthinkingly.

<<sometimes gets careless.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
I won't say if my mole does or doesn't--too much information for the MIR Team there--but generally if one has a mole, avoid posting images unless one is acutely aware of what one is doing.

Don't let the mole get careless, don't do it unthinkingly.

<<sometimes gets careless.

Then again, I may just not have any moles at DU.

One just never knows....

C.S. Lewis

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »
Then again, I may just not have any moles at DU.

One just never knows....

You know, there's been a lot of primitives viewing this thread.

But "hearing" and "listening" are two different things.

I doubt a single primitive's going to take the advice of franksolich.

Just like with the big guy at www.electstevedawes.com.

Probably there's a better chance of franksolich winning tomorrow's MegaMillions lottery (current pot: $540 million) than there is of any primitive taking franksolich's wise advice and counsel.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
I use Imageshack, lets look, shall we?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
I'm looking at my own image above and see nothing that would ID me. Can you guys get anything else?
It says conservative cave, and ID info not supplied...but nothing that would ID me.

I clicked on details and i can see View cookies and view passwords, it says "Mr Mannn"
can y'all see this, or just me?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:34:38 PM by Mr Mannn »