Author Topic: #06 Top DUmmie of 2016 (MineralMan)  (Read 12703 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
#06 Top DUmmie of 2016 (MineralMan)
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »
Congratulations to Minnesota Moses, the MineralMan primitive, for reaching his highest height ever, #06 Top DUmmie of 2016!

2015 #18 Top DUmmie
2014 #14 Top DUmmie
2011 #18 Top DUmmie
2010 #19 Top DUmmie

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minnesota Moses, who was born and raised out in California but who currently lives up in Minnesota, is circa 70 years old, give or take a year either way, married, no children of whom he’s ever admitted.

In fact, he’s been married more than once; almost as many times as the late Tommy Manville, and even one time more than the late Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson Windsor.

Besides his hobbyist interest in rocks, Minnesota Moses runs a web-design business.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minnesota Moses plays the role of eminence grise on Skins’s island, like the ancient guru loftily sitting atop a Himalyan peak dispensing insight and wisdom to all who come to him seeking it.

As with so many other primitives, Minnesota Moses missed his true calling, that of writing human-interest stories.  I realize people’s tastes are different, individualistic, but franksolich for one thinks he's pretty good at such stories, and wishes he’d produce more.

But no, the old fool pigheadedly persists in writing silly political commentary instead.

Up Next: the David Allen award
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:15:00 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

Re: #06 Top DUmmie of 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 05:44:46 PM »
Besides his hobbyist interest in rocks, Minnesota Moses runs a web-design business.
Don't forget pipe organs, speaking Russian, and seeing impending Red Wing boots in his crystal ball.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
Don't forget pipe organs, speaking Russian, and seeing impending Red Wing boots in his crystal ball.

It's not cited here as it's from a few years back, but anyway, his description of his ancient 90-something father sitting silhouetted in the moonlight on the front porch of their house in California, long-barreled rifle astride his lap waiting to surprise night-time poachers in his avocado orchard, was tip-top top-notch quality writing. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »
Well the dimwit cracked the top 10 finally.
I did all I could for ya George but you just ain`t a contender.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 08:30:14 PM »
I voted for him just because of his ridiculous pre-election predictions, and how he got it all so wrong.  His prognostications about republican women, in particular, were laugh-out-loud funny.  The "yes dear" scenarios were both insulting and hilarious.  That was my only reason for the vote in the top 10.  Otherwise, not entertaining.  But those predictions sure were. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 08:40:16 PM »
I voted for him just because of his ridiculous pre-election predictions, and how he got it all so wrong.  His prognostications about republican women, in particular, were laugh-out-loud funny.  The "yes dear" scenarios were both insulting and hilarious.  That was my only reason for the vote in the top 10.  Otherwise, not entertaining.  But those predictions sure were.

That's why, if he wishes to be liked, to be popular, he needs to stick with human interest stories and discard politics altogether.  There's no shame in not writing politics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:54:47 PM »
That's why, if he wishes to be liked, to be popular, he needs to stick with human interest stories and discard politics altogether.  There's no shame in not writing politics.

There is to DUmmies.  It is like saying "there is no shame to not breathing."

Politics is ALL they have b/c they don't  have useful or worthwhile lives.  With politics they can self-aggrandize and pretend they matter.

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
I used to find MM dull and uninspiring as well, but his election predictions were hilarious.

I also used to wonder how in the world MM ended up in Minnesota, but the wife is from the area and I bet she dragged him over there - they actually met in San Luis Obispo, CA and worked together back in the day:

http://www.slobytes.org/newsletter/1994/nl0894.PDF

he morphs into a goat

that is from 1994 but George had encephalitis??? Live and learn.