Author Topic: I think 3 or 4 Republicans will rise to the occasion... Kentuck  (Read 2853 times)

Offline CC27

I think 3 or 4 Republicans will rise to the occasion... Kentuck
« on: September 27, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »
kentuck (88,594 posts)

I think 3 or 4 Republicans will rise to the occasion...

..and request a delay to get a more thorough investigation. They could proceed in a couple of weeks, even though they would prefer to be campaigning to keep their jobs. Most believe this hearing is a big part of their campaigns.

To appoint Kavanaugh at this time would place a huge cloud over the Supreme Court. That would not be good for the Court or good for the country. I think 3 or 4 Republicans will put country over Party. At least, I hope so.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211190592

I think you need rise to the occasion and stop making these word salads.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: I think 3 or 4 Republicans will rise to the occasion... Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:44:28 AM »
Other than Jeff Flake I am not worried the Republicans will fail to confirm Kavanaugh. The others are not trying to angle a job in the media after their term is up. A vote to confirm might end those plans.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 09:03:59 AM »
If elected Senate Democrats weren't under the thumb of Chuckie, they would vote their conscious and approve Judge Kavanaugh on his jurisprudence and unquestioned qualifications.  Not sordid and sketchy allegations.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 12:31:00 PM »
kentuck (88,594 posts)

I think 3 or 4 Republicans will rise to the occasion...

And I think you need to sit down and STFU
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
To appoint Kavanaugh at this time would place a huge cloud over the Supreme Court

The fact that you "believe" the accusers tells me you need to STFU.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »
If elected Senate Democrats weren't under the thumb of Chuckie, they would vote their conscious and approve Judge Kavanaugh on his jurisprudence and unquestioned qualifications.  Not sordid and sketchy allegations.

This guy should be confirmed by a rate of about 98-2 if Dems weren't the lowest scum on earth.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
This guy should be confirmed by a rate of about 98-2 if Dems weren't the lowest scum on earth.

Anyone who didn't think so before today knows it now.

Having watched almost all the hearing live today I will be interested to see how the msm covers it tonight/tomorrow.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 08:48:32 PM »
R's better figure it out very quickly they either confirm Kavanaugh or kiss the mid-terms goodbye. I'm tired of voting for a bunch of invertebrates.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »
KinCuckY, you ignorant smut.  The fecalshow your democrat party put on was exposed for its exculpation of your
target.  Look it up like your Doctor of Psych has to do to pretend to be innocent.

You and your filthy filth will remember this day.  BTW, Manchin will vote to confirm.  :-)   Have a better day when you grow up.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 09:09:03 PM »
>invertebrates.

Relax Francis,  Most invertebrates are leaving the structure.  Lettuce will the way.

Offline 5412

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »
Anyone who didn't think so before today knows it now.

Having watched almost all the hearing live today I will be interested to see how the msm covers it tonight/tomorrow.

Hi,

It would be interesting to see how many of these democrats actually voted to confirm Kavanaugh to the appellate court.  I'm hoping some push back against Chuckie and say that he and Pelosi are taking the party straight to hell.

Regards,

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 07:38:25 AM »
KinCuckY, you ignorant smut.  The fecalshow your democrat party put on was exposed for its exculpation of your
target.  Look it up like your Doctor of Psych has to do to pretend to be innocent.

You and your filthy filth will remember this day.  BTW, Manchin will vote to confirm.  :-)   Have a better day when you grow up.

I have a feeling that Heidi Heitkamp (sp!) and Joe Donnelly (sp?) will also vote to confirm.  As will Jeff Flake.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 08:47:57 AM »
Wow...this is as much fun as the 04 elections.......although not quite as fun as the '16 elections....MAGA!

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
Flake ,Corker, and likely Manchin are on board with a yes vote.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 09:41:07 AM »
A statement has mentioned that “the votes are there to confirm.”  I’d say that my fellow alum Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski (sp?) are on board, but haven’t said so publically—yet.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 12:53:10 PM »
Wow...this is as much fun as the 04 elections.......although not quite as fun as the '16 elections....MAGA!

Not only did Donald Trump beat Jeb Bush he also beat George W. Bush in the number of liberal meltdowns.  And he's still a master of it today. :)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »
Flake (is) on board with a yes vote.

And now he's a spineless dolt. Honestly with Senators like this, if it were Dec 1941 we'd still be delaying the vote to potentially make a statement about maybe voting on whether or not Japan likes us or not.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »
Flake has nothing to lose, unfortunately.  Or so it seems.  He decided against running for re-election, and he’s a Never Trumper.  This is his way to stick it to President Trump as he leaves the Senate.

ETA:  That assumes that McConnell doesn’t have 50 Republican votes.  If he does, he plows ahead and gets a 50-50 tie, which is broken by VP Pence.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:50:49 PM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »
Flake has nothing to lose, unfortunately.  Or so it seems.  He decided against running for re-election, and he’s a Never Trumper.  This is his way to stick it to President Trump as he leaves the Senate.

ETA:  That assumes that McConnell doesn’t have 50 Republican votes.  If he does, he plows ahead and gets a 50-50 tie, which is broken by VP Pence.

MurCOWski now agreeing with Flake on FBI investigation delay giving dems more time to manufacture imagined crimes.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer