Author Topic: More important than the Trump Trial, the jury system itself is on trial.  (Read 4011 times)

Offline CC27

Kentuck

Justice and the jury system is a cornerstone of our democracy. It cannot be destroyed without destroying our system of government.

It is time for folks to open their eyes and see what is at stake?

The twice-impeached, four-times indicted, former president is nothing more than a citizen. Calling him a "citizen" is actually being charitable. Average "citizens" cannot get away with what this criminal has already done to our justice system.

Lest we forget, he is out of jail on bond. Rather than discuss the merits of a gag order, or not, he should be made to adhere to the conditions of his bail bond. It does not permit him to threaten or incite violence against anyone, not even members of the court. His "free speech" rights give him the freedom to "criticize", but criticism is not to be confused with violent threats.

The justice system must defend itself at this time. Mr Trump has just about run out of "stern warnings". It is time to act.

A weekend in jail would not only be appropriate for Mr Trump, but it would do a world of good for his supporters, also, to see him behind bars.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218824846
More blah blah blah from ken****

Offline SVPete

For all kt's noising about "justice", he sure is bent on the justice system being bypassed so as to punish Trump for daring to differ from kt and is fellow crazed Progs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

The justice system must defend itself at this time

I agree, totally 100%. The justice system should not be used as a weapon against political rivals. Having rogue prosecutors, bringing drummed up charges in front of a partisan, judge and jury makes a mockery of our justice system.
He may have been impeached twice in Congress, but it never passed in the Senate, so it means nothing. And he may be on trial for a number of non-criminal offenses he has yet to be convicted. You are so stuck on the lies and propaganda from the mainstream media and his political opponents that you’re totally blind to the truth.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

DU-folk seem to misunderstand what "impeachment" means. "Impeach" means "Accuse". Pelosi's Dems and a few Trump-Hating RINOs accused Trump of having committed a "high crime" or "misdemeanor". The Senate did not convict Trump and did not remove him from office. Pelosi's partisan shampeachments were failures.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Ken****, 3 Billion says you are full of shite.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline ADsOutburst

DU-folk seem to misunderstand what "impeachment" means. "Impeach" means "Accuse". Pelosi's Dems and a few Trump-Hating RINOs accused Trump of having committed a "high crime" or "misdemeanor". The Senate did not convict Trump and did not remove him from office. Pelosi's partisan shampeachments were failures.

Yes. By pointing out the number of impeachment attempts by democrats, DUers are essentially saying "We accused him of high crimes and misdemeanors, so there!".

Offline Airwolf

Ken**** never lets facts get in the way of his hate for Trump.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DUmpDiver

but criticism is not to be confused with violent threats.

kentuck conveniently fails to identify a single "violent threat" that Trump has made.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
kentuck conveniently fails to identify a single "violent threat" that Trump has made.

True, however, to DUmmies and other modern leftists, their violence is speech, while YOUR (and Trumps) speech is violence.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

Evidently he still believes the MSM's "Trump-Said-Bloodbath" lie. Or at least pretends to.

Offline Old n Grumpy

The convenient progressive line is, there’s so many of them. I can’t think of one at the moment! :loser: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline ADsOutburst

The justice and jury system is on trial, just not in the way democrats think it is. Trump ought to be able to get a fair trial, but there is no guarantee of that, and moreover, democrats don't seem to want it.

Offline jukin

The jury system was on trial and it has been found guilty.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Once again, if the court system itself is on trial in that people are questioning whether or not it can be trusted or will be trusted in the future, the political left is directly responsible for making people raise this question. kentuck isn’t bright enough to acknowledge that this is the fault of him and those like him.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline RonE

• Probationary (Probie)
The justice system must defend itself at this time

The entire system is at risk, for sure. Trump was under surveillance before he had been sworn in the first time. The Russia BS immediately traced back to a joint Hillary and DNC fabrication. Yet there's no investigation.  Big monies verified between China, Ukraine, and others traced to the Bidens. And, without any goods and/or services provided. There's so much more. And kentufuk is worried over our justice system not being tough enough on Trump. What a joke.