Author Topic: I HAVE A WISH  (Read 832 times)

Online CC27

I HAVE A WISH
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:53:24 AM »
NYETNYET (169 posts)

I HAVE A WISH

The day… the last day before the house leaves for a six week break, Nancy Pelosi announces “On return of the house, we will immediately open an official inquiry into the impeachment of the President of the United States of America.”

That would be such a strong place to be going on break.

1)   It would keep Mr. Muellers testimony relevant and in the news.

2)   It would enable members of the house to show cause, answer questions and explain the importance of moving in that direction to their constituents. Town halls would play such an important role.

3)   That would give the nasty excuse of a president/human in the White House six whole weeks to perfect his self-impeachment via twitter.

4)   It would remove any belief of a fractured democratic party from the headline of the day.

Speaker Pelosi, now is the time. Let your house take this to the American people. Give them the platform to speak.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212278044

Denied.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I HAVE A WISH
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 08:18:57 AM »
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
If turnips were watches, I'd wear one by my side.
If "if's" and "and's" were pots and pans,
There'd be no work for tinkers' hands.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" is a proverb and nursery rhyme, first recorded about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs, which suggests if wishing could make things happen, then even the most destitute people would have everything they wanted.

The last line was sometimes used to stop children from questioning and get to work: "If if's and and's were pots and pans, there'd surely be dishes to do."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »
 :rotf: Yes! Please! :rotf:

1. If Mueller testifies and departs significantly from his report, he'll be asked, "Did you just perjure yourself? Or did you lie in your report?" I don't think DU-folk are smart enough to understand that, but the delay in Mueller's testifying suggests this fact may be making its way into the skulls of some House Dems.

2. I've heard noises that some House Dems want people deposed/interviewed (apparently) by Mueller's team before Mueller testifies. I don't know whether the Dems' purpose is to lay the ground work for second-guessing Mueller or for a full-on attack on Mueller, but those witnesses face the same dilemma. As soon as the depart from what they told Mueller's team they'll face the same sort of questions: "Did you just perjure yourself? Or did you lie to the FBI?"

3. With every witness the Dems call - including Mueller - besides the potential perjury dilemma, the Rs will be able to ask questions about matters the Dems want to keep covered up. And evasive answers and/or suppression by the Dems will play ugly to a degree the MSM won't be able to cover up and euphemize. So........

:fuelfire:  :rotf: Yes! Please! :rotf:  :fuelfire:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:37 AM »
They must JUST love being disappointed all the time.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7