Author Topic: Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire  (Read 714 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire

Benjamin David Gilmore, 29, was arrested on Thursday night on suspicion of arson, burglary and criminal mischief.

On Oct. 24, a fire started at 3:30 a.m. in a four-story apartment complex under construction. The fire spread to the occupied Penny Flats condominium and retail building next door.
The Denver Channel

OWS attracts the best and brightest, doesn't it?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Occupy Protester Arrested In $10M Arson Fire
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 03:29:34 AM »
Good find, H5.

This is what they really want. But the occupier went off too soon.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
He is a plant sent by the right wing.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:27:33 PM »
A Defence argument.   Have we any posters that want to defend this man.??????-----WHAT,  everyone is for the Prosecution, only those defending the Person is a Liberal ??????

We need more information here, as an American I demand all facts in an arrest. the loss of liberty of any person.    Any one of us can find our selves at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Find we know the wrong people with out our knowledge.    Family's have their black sheep that come and go, sometimes bring our name into their shenanigans that will cost us our lives.

With more information on this man I would like to take a civilians take on a defence.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »
A Defence argument.   Have we any posters that want to defend this man.??????-----WHAT,  everyone is for the Prosecution, only those defending the Person is a Liberal ??????

We need more information here, as an American I demand all facts in an arrest. the loss of liberty of any person.    Any one of us can find our selves at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Find we know the wrong people with out our knowledge.    Family's have their black sheep that come and go, sometimes bring our name into their shenanigans that will cost us our lives.

With more information on this man I would like to take a civilians take on a defence.
The arson made the news here at the time and the information is readily found using Google News.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
The arson made the news here at the time and the information is readily found using Google News.

ER Chris, what information, all we have here is an occupied building in a fire when some homeless people were crashing there.    A fire started, no one yet knows why and spread to occupied building.

Now ONE of the homeless is a protester of OWS.   What about the others, and who called the cops on this Dude????  Are you telling me a group of homeless with nothing to do with OWS, calls a cop  after the fact to claim---" We didn't do it, it had to be the weird guy that wants to spend his time demonstrating  for some reason we homeless do not understand.  Real weird dude, Conservative, kept telling us to ----Gasp-----get a job .

Not can have any of this have taken place, had to be a different slant, still would like to defend this man.

I need an Amateur Detective to help me out.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 03:10:10 PM »
I need an Amateur Detective to help me out.

No detective needed. Brain surgeon yes, detective no.
Bottom Line, you don't want to believe an OWS thug did this. All the evidence in the world won't change what you want to believe.

The police do not just round up people on a street and accuse them of crime. there has to be probable cause and at least something connecting the perp to the crime. In a case of arson, there needs to be solid evidence, and it looks like they have it.

PS, and get an avatar. please.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
No detective needed. Brain surgeon yes, detective no.
Bottom Line, you don't want to believe an OWS thug did this. All the evidence in the world won't change what you want to believe.

The police do not just round up people on a street and accuse them of crime. there has to be probable cause and at least something connecting the perp to the crime. In a case of arson, there needs to be solid evidence, and it looks like they have it.

PS, and get an avatar. please.

:lol:

RIGHT, whats the count 18 or 25 corrupt cops waiting for trial in NYC ?????

There is a good reason most city Police Departments have a unit for investigating internal Affairs of their own.

Allways a super shock when we find corrupt Cops, Ministers, school teachers etc as we put our lives and trust in them.

Now this man may well be guilty, however I find it odd just how fast the Police came to arrest him, the fact he was given the OWS label while the others were just called homeless.

There is allot at stake with in city government at this time.  Our national fight for President when it gets down and dirty in the gutter has nothing on the smaller towns and our city's for dirty tricks.

It is usually the very small things that will trip up a person, remember the small piece of tape over the door lock at the Water Gate, it brought down a President for heavens sake.

I question everything about the motives of the protesters, the way the Police handle the scene, they follow orders from City Hall, Who is giving the Police their orders and what their political base is.

Just an on looker to all this living so far away.   Everyone all so aware of good and bad PR, interesting times as it is hard to keep track of Europe, China, the Middle East that will effect our lives and future with out our knowledge.

Who is going to watch the watchers ????

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Oh sweet root beer drinking baby Jesus on a tricycle, CAN SOMEONE TRANSLATE THIS SHIT FOR ME PLEASE????

For the record, vesta--how many of these mutual masturbation society known as the Occutards could pass the same sort of background checks that police undergo on a regular basis?

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
Not I, sayeth the voice from the shadows.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »
Rape
Drug sales
Drug overdoses
Feet-sniffing-urine-drinkers
Holemess rampages
Crapping on police cars
Crapping on US flag
Arson
Graffiti
Broken windows
Stolen money

This movement, along with its movers, wouldn't survive six months in their corporation-less liberal utopia.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
OK, I cut out the irrelevant tripe and I'll focus on the pertinent points.

RIGHT, whats the count 18 or 25 corrupt cops waiting for trial in NYC ?????
OK so with NO FACTS other than a story...you assume that the slimeball OWS maggot is innocent based on what? You consistent support for OWS (as evidence by our previous dances on this board).

the only defense you presents is: corrupt cops. You provide no evidence of corruption, you just assume that everyone agrees with you that da police are corrupt.

You do mention that 18-25 cops in NYC are under investigation. thats what 25 out of 150,000 cops?

My point is: You don't know the cops are corrupt in this case. YOU WANT THEM TO BE. Why? because you want the OWS to be innocent.
What you want is NOT news. Its your opinion. You need to set your preconceived opinions to one side. The facts may turn out that these cops are NOT corrupt and the hippie really did set fire to a residential complex.

In otgher words, I'm saying: "Grow up."

Now this man may well be guilty, however I find it odd just how fast the Police came to arrest him, the fact he was given the OWS label while the others were just called homeless.
Speed of the arrest may be an indicator of many things: like eye witnesses. Video with the OWS perp's face clearly depicted. Or it could be that he was involved in other vandalism and the police were watching him.

again: grow up.

I question everything about the motives of the protesters,
No. You don't. You always seek to justify what they do.
Be honest with yourself.

the way the Police handle the scene, they follow orders from City Hall, Who is giving the Police their orders and what their political base is.
You immediate response is to scream corruption. In this story or others like it you have never given the police the benefit of the doubt. You're predictable. You will always claim corruption.

--Grow up.

Just an on looker
Nope. wrong here too. Onlookers are impartial. Your mind was made up long before the events.
You are an advocate.

In short Vesta, open you mind and grow up.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 06:18:17 AM »
OK, I cut out the irrelevant tripe and I'll focus on the pertinent points.
OK so with NO FACTS other than a story...you assume that the slimeball OWS maggot is innocent based on what? You consistent support for OWS (as evidence by our previous dances on this board).

the only defense you presents is: corrupt cops. You provide no evidence of corruption, you just assume that everyone agrees with you that da police are corrupt.

You do mention that 18-25 cops in NYC are under investigation. thats what 25 out of 150,000 cops?

My point is: You don't know the cops are corrupt in this case. YOU WANT THEM TO BE. Why? because you want the OWS to be innocent.
What you want is NOT news. Its your opinion. You need to set your preconceived opinions to one side. The facts may turn out that these cops are NOT corrupt and the hippie really did set fire to a residential complex.

In otgher words, I'm saying: "Grow up."

Speed of the arrest may be an indicator of many things: like eye witnesses. Video with the OWS perp's face clearly depicted. Or it could be that he was involved in other vandalism and the police were watching him.

again: grow up.
No. You don't. You always seek to justify what they do.
Be honest with yourself.
You immediate response is to scream corruption. In this story or others like it you have never given the police the benefit of the doubt. You're predictable. You will always claim corruption.

--Grow up.
Nope. wrong here too. Onlookers are impartial. Your mind was made up long before the events.
You are an advocate.

In short Vesta, open you mind and grow up.

Revolution has allways interested me as I come from a neck of the woods where we still have homes with their brick chimneys painted white with a stripe of black paint surrounding the top layers of brick.

So what you ask, well these homes that survived the Revolution era until today, the Chimney was a sign to the the Tory's that they were Conservatives and supported England.

Having family here at that time, poor river rats that at that time until the Rum Running days survived eating what ever they could fish out of the river I have interest in how they survived all the upheaval to come down to my grandchildren and our times.

It came close to curtains for the poor liberals in the depression, only Prohibition saved us living on the river.  We river rats made so much money running booze that we could now afford inside toilets, electricity, we even could put the nag out to pasture and buy a car for transportation.   Old Joe Kennedy and his boys were everywhere back then. The sea coasts Mafia at that time.

I worked at a Nursing home across the river in NH one year that was the original home of the last British Governor, Wentworth who was run out of town.  The home down stairs is kept as a Museum, the same well preserved wall paper that caused a riot when the Governors wife bought it with the town footing the bill.  damn good buy it still holds up.

The wood floors kept in beautiful condition all these years that today we can see the hoof marks of the horses people rode in on and a real hole mark above the fire place when the rabble fired shot and cap into the wall.

Upper floor of the home is where I worked the grave yard shift, lots of ghost story's about patients seeing strange people at night wearing capes and woman in long garments.     The window the Governor and wife jumped out to head to the water front when the rascals invaded, the spot they jumped into a long row boat and headed for the islands off shore to catch a ride back to England.

Yup, I come from a long line of the very poor liberals to myself and end up a Conservative.  So I keep an eye out on the present and investigate the past to find human nature does not change. 

So, taking a leaf out of history from what has come about from our first rebellions to today is interesting to watch at my age, where will this if anywhere lead us????

I grew up as a child listening to the family discuss politics at the dining table, both sides and watched the food fights and complete closed mindedness of both sides, no one would admit to agreeing with the other on the most trivial points.

Much more today to discuss on all sides of any question regarding past and present history, could something, an idea or law possibly come back to haunt us from the past.

Note, the big problem in NC over the laws not that long ago enforced sterilisation of people with out their knowledge.

Note spell check for typos and missed keys is missing today, bare with me. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 07:46:42 AM »
bare with me. 

Oh sweet dear God, please--no.  Just no.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
 :mental:
Vesta. Are you doing this on purpose?
You just posted a novel that said absolutely nothing but drivel. That was not a response. That was a fairy tail.
If you are going to respond, stick to the friggen subject!

I responded to specific points in your post.
Do me the courtesy to respond to specific points in mine.

posting My Little Pony lala land stuff doesn't cut it.

Act like a grown up and talk to people, not at them.

and get a friggen avatar.