Author Topic: Update on the anti-war protest held today in D.C.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Update on the anti-war protest held today in D.C.
« on: March 19, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1988355/posts

Okay, I saw an interview with the Deputy Police Chief. She said that the protestors asked them (the police dept) in ADVANCE to arrest them! They said it would lend more validity to their cause and get them badly needed publicity. Her reply was "no". She told the reporter that she would not have protestors dictacting how she should use police resources.  :-)

Morons on parade -
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=1360

WASHINGTON, DC (WUSA) -- A couple of hundred protesters taking part in anti-war demonstrations in downtown Washington, blocked the intersection of 17th and K Streets, NW, near Connecticut Avenue NW for more than an hour beginning at 2:00 PM.

It was one of a number of downtown streets blocked at various times through the middle of the day as protests marked the 5th anniversary of the Iraq war.

Police had two skirmishes with protesters at the Armed Forces Recruiting Center in the 1300 block of L Street, NW. There was some pushing and shoving in front of the building. Red paint or dye was splashed across the building, sidewalks, police cars and police officers. Some police cars were also tagged with anti-war slogans.

There were similar confrontations at or near downtown office buildings housing defense contractors.

At Connecticut and K some demonstrators chained themselves to school desks in the middle of the intersection. DC Police diverted traffic and allowed the protestors to remain in the street until they moved on.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=69820

Overall? A big fat yawn. The news channel I watched this evening basically said that the police took the attitude of ignoring them until they broke the law. The Deputy Chief confirmed this in the interview and said that the officers were not outfitted in riot gear because they didn't want to lend any more credence to the situation.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Update on the anti-war protest held today in D.C.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
This Ain't Hell?  Hey, I know that guy!  Someone needs to give him an invite over here.

Plus, he HATES whiny-assed libertarians (his words, not mine).
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »
This Ain't Hell?  Hey, I know that guy!  Someone needs to give him an invite over here.

Plus, he HATES whiny-assed libertarians (his words, not mine).
My kinda guy.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »
Of course, as busy as he is, he may not have time to post here much.

Maybe he's just moved up too much in the world for us folks.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:23:31 AM »
Overall? A big fat yawn. The news channel I watched this evening basically said that the police took the attitude of ignoring them until they broke the law. The Deputy Chief confirmed this in the interview and said that the officers were not outfitted in riot gear because they didn't want to lend any more credence to the situation.

Ahhh, I see you watch Channel 9 as well.

I actually had a good laugh about these protests: one reporter was like, "Well, the organizers say that there are thousands of people here, but it's actually only in the hundreds."

Do these stupid protesters realize that by throwing red paint and getting arrested, they make themselves look incredibly stupid?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »

I actually had a good laugh about these protests: one reporter was like, "Well, the organizers say that there are thousands of people here, but it's actually only in the hundreds."

Do these stupid protesters realize that by throwing red paint and getting arrested, they make themselves look incredibly stupid?
I was laughing at the reporter's on the scene. They were just so flummoxed because no arrests had taken place and the police were being so professional and cool about it. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

I was laughing at the reporter's on the scene. They were just so flummoxed because no arrests had taken place and the police were being so professional and cool about it. :-)

They actually did a nice job of saying how the cops were trying to stay as far out of it as possible. They didn't demonize the cops, which no doubt pissed the DUmmies off to no end.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
^I was quite happy to see that. And I thought the Deputy Chief did a great job in the interview.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »
All your protest are belong to us.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"