Author Topic: the Kali primitive gets ripped off  (Read 2895 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the Kali primitive gets ripped off
« on: November 06, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018511765

Oh my.

Remember, the Kali primitive isn't to be confused with the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive; this one lives way down in the southernmost part of Texas.

Kali (36,022 posts)    Wed Nov 6, 2013, 10:03 AM

I trusted some kid in a small town and got ripped off.

I am a dumbass.

Saw this old truck for sale on the side of the road one day. Called the number and met with the kid for a quick test drive that evening. Next day we went and had another look at it. It was old but in pretty good shape, started good, cruised at almost highway speed, 4x4 worked. Interior not in too bad shape for how old it is, price was reasonable so we offered 500 less. Kid said he couldn't do it, but next day called me and said he would. So we went and got it. Got the toolbox and a set of 17 inch rims and tires thrown in. The crappy old tires made it home and I drove around on them for a week while looking for new ones. Glad I didn't spend anything else on it yet.

after which a photograph of a dog standing in the bed of a blue pick-up truck

after which a photograph of a blue pick-up truck

I even got my mirror charms up.

after which a photograph of something stupid

First ranch chores with it.

after which a photograph of horses and cows

Sunday we worked cattle and I noticed it was blowing a lot of steam/white smoke, but it was cool and humid and had even rained a little the night before.

Yesterday I went to run the dogs and check on animals and it was blowing white like crazy, started to overheat and lost a lot of coolant. There is water in the oil.

That kid seems too young to bringing such bad karma onto himself. I am sure there was crappy sealant in the radiator. He ripped me off. I was a sucker for the pretty blue truck.

The 4x4 worked good though. For the ten minutes I got to use it.

PS
Anybody got a 87 Toy engine in decent shape for sale?

cyberswede (13,463 posts)    Wed Nov 6, 2013, 10:08 AM

1. Man, that sucks!

I hate that people can't just be trustworthy.

<<<bets the primitive voted for the untrustworthy O though, two times.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: the Kali primitive gets ripped off
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »
DUmbass took an old truck and started pounding the crap out of it in 4wd...it broke.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
Sounds like a blown head gasket or a warped head.  On a pickup?  You can fix it on the weekend.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:43 AM »
Sounds like a blown head gasket or a warped head.  On a pickup?  You can fix it on the weekend.

Actually, it is a week or month long process for a DUmmy.  Must spend weeks posting about the evil combustion engine at DU, then asking how to fix it.  Then actually doing it or hiring someone to fix it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:49 AM »

You bought a truck with a 25-year-old engine and didn't get compression tests, dip the oil, or even run a finger along the head to check for moisture?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
That evil "some kid in a small town" ripped me off after I ripped him off.

...price was reasonable so we offered 500 less...

Price was reasonable, but after all, it was a kid in a small town, so let's take advantage of him.

Bad karma gotcha Kali.
This too shall pass.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
Kali (36,022 posts)    Wed Nov 6, 2013, 10:03 AM

I am a DUmbass.

Yes, we know.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »
The seller said if they liked the truck they could drive it. He just left out the part that it wouldn't last long. So the seller wasn't deceptive.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »
Tear Drop...
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »
Tear Drop...

I think that this emoticon could sum it up:

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
 :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bigbird: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah: :bwah:
I think that this emoticon could sum it up:

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Or^^^
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 10:51:23 AM »
I even got my mirror charms up.
They must be defective.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »
They must be defective.

Maybe this will help fix it.  :)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
The seller said if they liked the truck they could drive it. He just left out the part that it wouldn't last long. So the seller wasn't deceptive.
:bwah:

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 11:57:01 AM »
 :sosad:  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
For any Lurking DUmmies. Yeah, it is a reference to what Obama is trying to spin his lie into in case it went over your heads.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »

Yeah, hardly irreparable damage, or 'new engine' territory...unless the DUmmtard kept driving it until the engine locked up or compression failed due to contaminated lubricant...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »
Yeah, hardly irreparable damage, or 'new engine' territory...unless the DUmmtard kept driving it until the engine locked up or compression failed due to contaminated lubricant...

It's pain in the ass territory...man I remember the blown gasket on my old car. Parts laid out everywhere...unholy nightmare getting it all back together again.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »
It's pain in the ass territory...man I remember the blown gasket on my old car. Parts laid out everywhere...unholy nightmare getting it all back together again.

Pain in the ass for normal competent folks.  For Kali it should amount to a life altering disaster.  I hope she posts about it.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
I love it when a DUmmy gets ripped off!!

I hope it drives her to bankruptcy.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
I love it when a DUmmy gets ripped off!!

I hope it drives her to bankruptcy.

Probably already there, hence the purchase of a craptastic toyota that was about to fold in half within a couple hundred miles anyway
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline jukin

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »
As I have said before my father was a used car salesman (some new ones too but the commish was better on the used ones). I have also said that his motto was "The easiest people in the world to fool are the ones that think they are smart." I have used that in business all my life. The guys that come off real slow, southerners particularly, were always of great concern to me in negotiations.

If I had a shity used car to sell, I'd buy ads on the DUmp and any other leftist sites.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:52 PM »
I sold cars for awhile. We had a grand am on the lot with a sweet spiff on it, but the car was run hard and put away wet, I really felt bad about selling it. Anyway, had a genius like that show up one day to look at it. I tried my level best to steer him towards some of the grand prix's we had that were in much better shape.  He wouldn't have any of it and supposedly his brother was a mechanic so none of the problems were a real issue. Sold it to him, even making him fully aware that it was a terrible idea to buy that car.  Needless to say, he broke down around midnight and had called the BBB on us and was trying to somehow declare that a used car was a lemon.  Total idiot that really thought he knew more than he did. If the sales guy is telling you it's a bad idea, you better listen.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
I sold cars for awhile. We had a grand am on the lot with a sweet spiff on it, but the car was run hard and put away wet, I really felt bad about selling it. Anyway, had a genius like that show up one day to look at it. I tried my level best to steer him towards some of the grand prix's we had that were in much better shape.  He wouldn't have any of it and supposedly his brother was a mechanic so none of the problems were a real issue. Sold it to him, even making him fully aware that it was a terrible idea to buy that car.  Needless to say, he broke down around midnight and had called the BBB on us and was trying to somehow declare that a used car was a lemon.  Total idiot that really thought he knew more than he did. If the sales guy is telling you it's a bad idea, you better listen.
Grand Prix (and GM in general) are horrible cars to work on.  I had a friend with one and one of her wheel bearings started going out.  I assumed it had a separate spindle-and-bearing setup like every other car in the world.  Nope.  The wheel hub and bearings were part of a single assembly that had to be replaced as a whole. 

Awful, horrible car. 

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »
Grand Prix (and GM in general) are horrible cars to work on.  I had a friend with one and one of her wheel bearings started going out.  I assumed it had a separate spindle-and-bearing setup like every other car in the world.  Nope.  The wheel hub and bearings were part of a single assembly that had to be replaced as a whole. 

Awful, horrible car. 

pretty common on lots of newer cars.  Had a Jimmy that was like that, made it really easy to change out too.  It's actually a good swap for older cars if you want to go with the bigger disc brakes.  My horribly liberal little brother kept a '98 GP for awhile and never took care of it, he finally trashed the transmission this year. had loads of miles on it.