Author Topic: The straight story tests the dumps science knowledge  (Read 1867 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

The straight story tests the dumps science knowledge
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
The dump are geniuses!!!!! Who knew!!!!!

The link:

Do you know more about science and technology than the average American?

The OP:

The Straight Story (45,329 posts)

Take our 13-question quiz to test your knowledge of scientific concepts. Then see how you did in comparison with the 1,006 randomly sampled adults asked the same questions in a national poll conducted by the Pew Research Center and Smithsonian magazine.

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/science-knowledge/

I got all 13:

Science and Technology Knowledge Quiz Results
You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly.

You scored better than 93% of the public and the same as 7%.

Fairly easy quiz, interesting to see the results breakdown at the end.

Pretty much what you would expect so I'm not going to bring over any posts. Suffice it to say they are all geniuses.

Unfortunately reality says different:

Eureka! Tea partiers know science

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: The straight story tests the dumps science knowledge
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
OK, hit hem all. Now what, DUmmies?
Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of physics, would pass that with flying colors.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
Response to The Straight Story (Original post)Sat Nov 2, 2013, 07:22 PM
Star Member femmocrat (15,411 posts)
1. I did way better than I expected to. 12/13

I missed the one about the gases in the earth's atmosphere.
Response to The Straight Story (Original post)Sat Nov 2, 2013, 07:26 PM
Star Member pangaia (1,534 posts)
3. Arrgh got 1 wrong

Which gas is most common in the atmosphere?
I thought it was hydrogen..
But only 20% of humanoids know the answer, anyway.

That question threw a couple of the DUmmies off--they got stumped when they didn't see greenhouse gas among the choices.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
That question threw a couple of the DUmmies off--they got stumped when they didn't see greenhouse gas among the choices.

Yeah, and the question about whether antibiotics could be addictive probably had the pill-gobbling primitives worried they somehow overlooked a way to get high.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »
Is it sad that I knew nitrogen is the most abundant gas in our atmosphere from watching Star Trek?

I got 13 out of 13 not bad for an anti science tea bagger.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
Response to The Straight Story (Original post)Sat Nov 2, 2013, 07:26 PM
Star Member pangaia (1,534 posts)
3. Arrgh got 1 wrong

Which gas is most common in the atmosphere?
I thought it was hydrogen..
But only 20% of humanoids know the answer, anyway.

So one of the smartest people in the universe thought an explosive gas makes up most of the earth's atmosphere? Genius.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
This is basically 8th-grade science.  If they don't know this, well...

Now if you can explain how a transformer works, or the decay chain of U-238, or why we have wind, well, now we're talking.

And yes, I aced it.  In about 90 seconds.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »
Is it sad that I knew nitrogen is the most abundant gas in our atmosphere from watching Star Trek?

I got 13 out of 13 not bad for an anti science tea bagger.
You might think it's nitrogen that is the most abundant, but it's contrail chemtrails that are the most abundant.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
You might think it's nitrogen that is the most abundant, but it's contrail chemtrails that are the most abundant.

Ohh I forgot about sillyum gas.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

Now if you can explain how a transformer works, or the decay chain of U-238, or why we have wind, well, now we're talking.

Why We Have Wind
by ChuckJ

We have wind so that the VRWC can build massive windmills and use said windmills to sling blades hundreds of miles in strategic strikes against unsuspecting enemies.

The End.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »
This is basically 8th-grade science.  If they don't know this, well...

And yes, I aced it.  In about 90 seconds.

It's quite smile to explain how a transformer works, it is built out of die cast metal with little hinges that allow you to change from a car into a robot.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
Why We Have Wind
by ChuckJ

We have wind so that the VRWC can build massive windmills and use said windmills to sling blades hundreds of miles in strategic strikes against unsuspecting enemies.

The End.

No, no, no! The purpose of windmills is to kill and maim Bald Eagles and endangered species.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 09:43:07 PM »
13 of 13 here.  Very simple test, probably 7-8th grade level.

But what do I know, I'm just an ignorant, tea bagger rethuglican, right?   :tongue:

And for the Dumbasses that DIDN'T know the composition of the atmosphere:

78% NITROGEN
20% oxygen
almost 1% argon
1% everything else (which includes .04% carbon dioxide, the cause of globullshit warming, or so they say)  :rotf:

Why We Have Wind
by ChuckJ

The End.

I thought those massive windmills were for mincing endangered species of birds.   :confused:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »
I see both marv and diesel driver has bought into the right-wing propaganda being put out by the VRWC mouthpieces at places like PBS, NPR, and MSNBC.

Take it from me, mincing birds is only a bonus feature to help disguise the main purpose: strategic strikes.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »
I see both marv and diesel driver has bought into the right-wing propaganda being put out by the VRWC mouthpieces at places like PBS, NPR, and MSNBC.

Take it from me, mincing birds is only a bonus feature to help disguise the main purpose: strategic strikes.

Yeah msnbc is the worst, that Chris Matthews fellow and that Rachel Maddow fellow make Reagan look like a communist, they are so far to the right.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »

It's quite smile to explain how a transformer works, it is built out of die cast metal with little hinges that allow you to change from a car into a robot.

And they make those cool sounds when they change, too!   :II:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
I only missed one.   :-)

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
I wonder how many DUmmies got the "are you male or female" question wrong.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
13 for 13. I even got the questions about my age and sex right.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:41 PM »
I wonder how many DUmmies got the "are you male or female" question wrong.

I notice there was no option for transgendered. The test was designed by bigots.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
13 for 13. I even got the questions about my age and sex right.

The age was easy, you didn't have to pick a specific age so you could estimate.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 10:34:30 PM »
The age was easy, you didn't have to pick a specific age so you could estimate.

Well, the average DUmmie could answer the sex question that way too.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »

Same. But conservatives are the morons...
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »
Chemtrails comprise 78% of the atmosphere. half of that is exhaust contrails, the other half is aerodynamic chemtrails. They have about a 75 year half life, so all the chemtrails formed by US bombers liberating Europe from the Nazi hordes during WWII are about half gone by now.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 04:33:49 AM »
So one of the smartest people in the universe thought an explosive gas makes up most of the earth's atmosphere? Genius.

Given that explosive Cheeto-induced gas makes up the majority of the atmosphere in their moms' basements, it is understandable that DUmmies would get that one wrong.*

*Note to lurking DUmmies: I just said that you live in your mom's basement and suck farts. I didn't want you to misunderstand.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.