Author Topic: With a hint of blood in the water they are in an anti-catholic freeding frenzy  (Read 1365 times)

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
They're scared, because they know there is no good option for their side...if he agrees to a compromise, they'll excoriate him for backing down and for "throwing women under the bus".  If he doesn't compromise, they know it will cost him in the election.

It angers them that so many people agree with the Church's position on this, even many Democrats.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Don't worry DUmmies, America is behind you.  :-)

Offline dixierose

They think that just because many Catholic women do take BC, that they are on their side on this issue. I believe that a Catholic woman can take BC, and still resent the govt telling it's church what it has to cover.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
They're scared, because they know there is no good option for their side...if he agrees to a compromise, they'll excoriate him for backing down and for "throwing women under the bus".  If he doesn't compromise, they know it will cost him in the election.

It angers them that so many people agree with the Church's position on this, even many Democrats.

Must tread carefully here, one does not rile up the Church.   With most of our illegals here all Catholics, to mess with the Church is to go where even Hitler dared not go.

One Does not mess with the Catholic Church especially here in America with our growing population of new comers are Catholic.

To go against the Mother Church of Christanity is to bring in the all other off shoots, the Orthodox of Greek, Russian and Ethiopian you name it , then the Protestants, the Mormon, get involved.

Like it or not Christianity has a Mother Church we all sprang from.   When that Church is under attack, the off shoots will rally about as they know if the Mother Church goes down so do they.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Well, I said this earlier today, in another Catholic-bashing thread, but it doesn't hurt to say it again.

Scratch a primitive, and about one out of every three times, one'll find a lapsed Catholic.

Scratch a primitive who's been a Top DUmmie anytime 2005-2011, and about one out of every two times, one'll find a lapsed Catholic.

Hitler was a lapsed Catholic.  No further explanation needed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Hey, DUmb****s--other Christian denominations are rallying to the Catholic Church.

Southern Baptist leader: If Obama mandate isn’t changed, Christians will go to jail

by Ben Johnson

Wed Feb 08, 2012 17:23 EST
Comments (42)
Tags: richard land, southern baptist

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE, February 8, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) — One of the most influential evangelical leaders in the United States says Christians should go to jail rather than comply with the Obama administration’s mandate to provide all contraception, including abortion-inducing drugs, in their health care plans.

Dr. Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC), told LifeSiteNews.com "we will not comply" with the Dept. of Health and Human Services’ mandate requiring religious institutions to cover abortifacient products such as Plan B, Ella, and the IUD.

"We want the law changed, or else we’re going to write our letters from the Nashville jail, just like Dr. King wrote his from the Birmingham jail," Dr. Land said.

Dr. Land wrote an op-ed on Tuesday with Barrett Duke, vice president for public policy and research at ERLC, calling his fellow Southern Baptists and evangelical Christians throughout America to oppose any infringement on the First Amendment.

"The Obama administration has declared war on religion and freedom of conscience," they wrote. "We consider this callous requirement by the Obama administration to be a clear violation of our nation's commitment to liberty of conscience and a flagrant violation of our constitutional protection to freedom of religion."

Later in the article, it cites Dr. Albert Moller, who is the president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, who says,

"You at least have to admire the courage of the Roman Catholic bishops in saying they are willing to go to jail rather than to comply with this. How many evangelical presidents and pastors and leaders would be willing to do the same?"

Saint's note--emphasis is mine.  Why?  Because Dr. Moller just threw the gauntlet down in front of every one of the people he cites.  They have to pick it up and walk the walk.

And the Obamessiah will go down in flames. :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
And the Obamessiah will go down in flames.

It's a lose-lose situation for both the Magic One, and the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

It's a lose-lose situation for both the Magic One, and the primitives.

The day that the ruling came out may be remembered as the day that the Obamessiah lost the election.  I know, there's a lot of time between now and then; but it may be the factor that does it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
The DUmmies are anti- anthing they cannot comprehend.  :banghead:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline jukin

IMHO, totalitarian and their flock hate Catholics because it was the Pope, Reagan, and Lech Welesa that brought down the communist utopia known as the USSR.

To any lurking DUchebags, it's not the BC that pisses so many people off. It is the trampling of the very First Amendment in the Bill of Rights that pisses us off.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
To any lurking DUchebags, it's not the BC that pisses so many people off. It is the trampling of the very First Amendment in the Bill of Rights that pisses us off.

Uh huh.

And I'm sure that's why this enrages people of religions other than Roman Catholicism, and people who have no religion; it's not just a bunch of old men in red skullcaps somewhere in Rome bothered by this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
And I'm sure that's why this enrages people of religions other than Roman Catholicism, and people who have no religion; it's not just a bunch of old men in red skullcaps somewhere in Rome bothered by this.

I know Obama is working his base after 3 years of disappointing them.

I know he is a grand narcissist who only hears what he wants to hear.

I know he disregards, if not outright resents his political opponents.

But I find it hard to believe that he could so grievously miscalculate the reaction of this decision, particularly when a substantial portion of his inner circle warned just such a reaction would occur.

I wonder if perhaps Obama wants to lose with the scapegoat of "religious bigotry" to providing a covering narrative. His presidency seems doomed on several fronts. T'would be better to lose to religious zealots than because of a failed economic program and mounting debt. Then he gets to tour and speak at overpriced colleges for $50k an appearance to standing ovation as the poor, poor man who only meant well until the hate-mongers drove him out.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Just a reminder to the left, the 1st AIDS Wing in a Hospital was started by the Catholic Church, they didn't want AIDS Patients to die alone and uncared for, and it's the Catholic Church helping in Africa and India and they ask for nothing in return, not even conversion, and it's the Catholic Church that runs Soup Kitchen, and Food Banks, and helps people with Heating Costs, it's the Catholic Church fighting poverty in South America, what have the Atheists done?

:bird: :bird: :bird:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

Just a reminder to the left, the 1st AIDS Wing in a Hospital was started by the Catholic Church, they didn't want AIDS Patients to die alone and uncared for, and it's the Catholic Church helping in Africa and India and they ask for nothing in return, not even conversion, and it's the Catholic Church that runs Soup Kitchen, and Food Banks, and helps people with Heating Costs, it's the Catholic Church fighting poverty in South America, what have the Atheists done?

:bird: :bird: :bird:

Got in the way.

Chase her.

Offline 67 Rover

IMHO, totalitarian and their flock hate Catholics because it was the Pope, Reagan, and Lech Welesa that brought down the communist utopia known as the USSR.

You left out Margaret Thatcher.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
A cool opinion from Busniess Insider.com:

Time To Admit It: The Church Has Always Been Right On Birth Control

Painting the Catholic Church as "out of touch" is like shooting fish in a barrel, what with the funny hats and gilded churches. And nothing makes it easier than the Church's stance against contraception.

Here's the thing, though: the Catholic Church is the world's biggest and oldest organization. It has buried all of the greatest empires known to man, from the Romans to the Soviets. It has establishments literally all over the world, touching every area of human endeavor. It's given us some of the world's greatest thinkers, from Saint Augustine on down to René Girard. When it does things, it usually has a good reason. Everyone has a right to disagree, but it's not that they're a bunch of crazy old white dudes who are stuck in the Middle Ages.

Today's injunctions against birth control were re-affirmed in a 1968 document by Pope Paul VI called Humanae Vitae.  He warned of four results if the widespread use of contraceptives was accepted:

1.General lowering of moral standards
2.A rise in infidelity, and illegitimacy
3.The reduction of women to objects used to satisfy men.
4.Government coercion in reproductive matters.
Does that sound familiar?

Because it sure sounds like what's been happening for the past 40 years.

THAT should make DUmmie heads spin.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
I just heard that Obama has basically caved on this issue, anyone hear that? a statement was released to try to appease the feminists apparently, but they said he caved or is close to caving.

This is what happens when you don't have principles and you try to appease certain groups, in this case the feminists, and because he had no principles he's going to have Religious people against him and now feminists are going to be bad.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

I just heard that Obama has basically caved on this issue, anyone hear that? a statement was released to try to appease the feminists apparently, but they said he caved or is close to caving.

This is what happens when you don't have principles and you try to appease certain groups, in this case the feminists, and because he had no principles he's going to have Religious people against him and now feminists are going to be bad.

Yeah, I've heard it too . . . but religious organizations still have to pay for BC, from what I read.

It's too late to put the genie back in the bottle.

Chase her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator

Drudge just announced it, 8:00 a.m. central time.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/white-house-to-announce-accommodation-for-religious-organizations-on-contraception-rule/

The primitives are going to be pissed.  Watch for more Blue Klux Klan Catholic-bashing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
This is just enough to allow moronic liberal Catholics to go back to Obama. He'll win a second term, and then just re-instate the policy. That's the plan, at least.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Karin

That ABC story was a whole lot of blah blah blah.  Who knows what they're up to?  A comment

One would think the “Seperation of Church and State” works BOTH ways not just for liberals and how they decide it should work. If religion is supposed to stay out of governement then shouldn’t government stay out of religion?

and

perhaps the obama administration should heed the simple principle employed by carpenters the world over…measure twice, cut once. why does everything the administration does work backwards? why does everything have to be about passing massive, sprawling legislation with seemingly no thought about unintended consequences followed by retroactively creating exemptions and loopholes to remedy the faults of the unintended consequences?

Because they're incompetent idiots.  

I'm seeing a LOT of comments along the lines of "he gets a second term, he'll do what he wants.  Do not trust this snake."  Same as our fears here. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:42:24 AM by Karin »

Offline Karin

Out on an errand mid-morning, I listened to Beck, and he was talking about the CBS storyline.  They had a paragraph that said something like, he's not really caving, it's just that the administration will be providing more guidance/details to such institutions about HOW TO COMPLY.

Dig your grave, you asshole. 

Offline Aristotelian

That ABC story was a whole lot of blah blah blah.  Who knows what they're up to?  A comment

One would think the “Seperation of Church and State” works BOTH ways not just for liberals and how they decide it should work. If religion is supposed to stay out of governement then shouldn’t government stay out of religion?

That was actually its origin. To this day Parliament legislates for the Church of England (though now it merely accepts or rejects what the church has agreed itself) and the Crown (technically) appoints C.ofE. bishops. Dissenters rejected this role of government in the running of the church.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
...I find it hard to believe that he could so grievously miscalculate the reaction of this decision, particularly when a substantial portion of his inner circle warned just such a reaction would occur.

I wonder if perhaps Obama wants to lose with the scapegoat of "religious bigotry" to providing a covering narrative. His presidency seems doomed on several fronts. T'would be better to lose to religious zealots than because of a failed economic program and mounting debt. Then he gets to tour and speak at overpriced colleges for $50k an appearance to standing ovation as the poor, poor man who only meant well until the hate-mongers drove him out.

Politico adds fodder for my theory:

President Barack Obama, with one swift contraception regulation, accomplished something his rivals have struggled to do: unify the Republican Party and fire up its base.

“You never look for a fight, but you never walk away from a fight, and we will embrace this one a thousand percent,” said Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), a former head of the New Jersey chapter of Right to Life. …

There’s good reason for Republicans to welcome the fight: It’s one in a series of culture war issues that have surged to the forefront of the political debate and knocked the economy off the front page. For social conservatives, it dovetails perfectly with this weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference, Rick Santorum’s resurgence in last Tuesday’s caucuses and reaction to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision striking down California’s Proposition 8, which would have reversed a law allowing same-sex couples to marry.

But more than the other rallying points, the battle over contraceptive coverage at religiously affiliated institutions has bound together Republicans of all stripes because it hits core GOP themes: religious liberty, government intrusion and reproduction politics. Perhaps more important politically, it has given Republicans something to talk about other than the economy, just when Obama’s gotten a lift from modest gains.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72702.html

So, Lurkers; you still enjoy voting for the guy that galvanizes the opposition only to cave and throw you under the bus?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:44:42 AM by SGT Snuggle Bunny »
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."