Author Topic: The Star Trek Prime Directive  (Read 425 times)

Offline beefeater

The Star Trek Prime Directive
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of alien civilizations.

I'm afraid that CC, CU and DuFu has violated said directive, especially since the advent of DU3.

They really are trying harder than usual over on the island and it's taking all the FUn out of it.

Nothing in particular just everything in general lately.
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline Vagabond

Re: The Star Trek Prime Directive
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
Quote from: The Prime Directive
As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.

The Prime Directive is silly to say the least, it essentially argues that the Federation not intervene with a planet about to have (in the process of launching) a nuclear war, or intervene when a sentient species is about to get wiped by the a virus or is facing a civilizational collapse.

The idiots on DU3 don't really care about or acknowledge us.  That jury system they have is even more totalitarian than their moderators on DU ever were.  That it also has the advantage to Skins of not giving the members moderators as targets for their anger.  Now, they have to be angry with their fellow DUmmies when they are censored.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:27:59 PM »
Now, they have to be angry with their fellow DUmmies when they are censored.

Yes, and it's wonderful.   :rofl:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:24 PM »
Never stopped this guy from getting things done.

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »
That jury system they have is even more totalitarian than their moderators on DU ever were.

It's almost as if Skinner is running a social experiment. The jury system is off the scale on totalitarianism. The DUches are just too stupid to figure out what they present to the rest of the world. Actions my friends speak louder than words....especially if words are one way streets.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
The PD only applied to planets that did not have warp drive yet or were were unable to contact or did not know about more advanced cultures. They can not even get their geeky fictional utopias right.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi