Author Topic: Obamaite primitives suspicious of supporters of worthier Democrat candidate  (Read 705 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6690223

Oh my.

MilesColtrane  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:12 PM
Original message

WSJ/NBC Poll-48% of Clinton Supporters Will Not Vote For Obama

I had a suspicion that the numbers were this high.

Having the primary fight drawn out past the point of a clear winner seems to have galvanized some voters against the nominee.

I notice that those polled still believe the talking points their candidate was making about comparative leadership ability.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26314990 /

The Clinton factor

Yet perhaps the biggest factor keeping the presidential race close has been Obama’s inability to close the deal with some of Hillary Clinton’s supporters. According to the poll, 52 percent of them say they will vote for Obama, but 21 percent are backing McCain, with an additional 27 percent who are undecided or want to vote for someone else.

What’s more, those who backed Clinton in the primaries — but aren’t supporting Obama right now — tend to view McCain in a better light than Obama and have more confidence in McCain’s ability to be commander-in-chief.

For these reasons, Hart believes that Clinton’s speech on the Tuesday night of the Democratic convention will be a significant event. “The Democratic convention is more than a coronation,” he says. “It is an event where the words of Hillary Clinton are probably going to be exceptionally important.”

glowing  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:13 PM
Response to Original message

1. I'd say a good number of her supporters where part of Operation Chaos..and the other, racist assholes.

musette_sf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM
Response to Reply #1

10. agreed

and i think a good number of those planning "protests" in Denver are the same group.

babylonsister  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

2. Then they are not Dems. This isn't a damned personality contest. That's ignorant.

polichick  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

3. Last ditch effort to get her on the ticket - they'll come around.

One wonders.  Initially, I thought 75-90% of them would prove true to their loyalty for the Democrat party, and ultimately vote for Barry "Goldwater" Obama.  Now I'm thinking it'll be something less than two-thirds, something less than 67%, the rest of them not voting for president at all.

And we all know who is to blame for this.

Phredicles  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

4. I find that number hard to believe, although it is true that, if things had gone the other way, I'd very likely be planning to vote for Cynthia McKinney right now.

MilesColtrane  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:17 PM
Response to Reply #4

16. Here I was hoping that PUMAs were an endangered species.

dammit

bambino  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

5. I don't think that there are many left unlss someone has counted them?

BlooInBloo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

6. Gawd bless Clinton supporters.

Oregonian  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:24 PM
Response to Reply #6

31. So you agree with these people who won't vote for Obama?

graywarrior  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

7. So does that mean those 48% are conservative republicans pretending to be democrats?

Uh, I wouldn't question the integrity of the supporters of the worthier Democrat candidate; bad idea.

FrenchieCat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

8. You headline reminds me of the National Enquirer!

27 percent who are undecided or want to vote for someone else.......is not broken out in a way that you should even try to lump them into the other 21 percent....

unless you are trying to manipulate us. Some would call that practicing yellow journalism.

Please stop.

Bornaginhooligan  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:14 PM

9. Yet McCain can't break 44%

So 100+% of Clinton supporters turned out to be McCain supporters.

DFW  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:15 PM

11. You're telling me 48% of Clinton supporters prefer a president McCain?

I believe that like I believe Bush has a doctorate in French Literature.

Tesibria  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:15 PM

12. Misleading Headline Alert

The headline is directly contradictory to the text. In fact, 21% say they won't. 27% say they're not sure or that they WANT to vote for someone else.

21% is a rather high number at this phase - no need to exaggerate.

Beacool  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:15 PM

13. Well, according to plenty here Obama doesn't need Hillary.

Uh-huh.  And that shows how much Obamaite primitives know about numbers, statistics, trends.

Trust me; by early October, the Obamaite primitives are going to be kissing the feet of Democrats they formerly abused, humiliated, harassed, trashed, finally understanding they need those votes.

If I was a supporter of the worthier Democrat candidate, I'd demand a lot of ass-kissing from them.

I'd pay admission to see the Obamaite cali primitive kissing the Fredda Warberg primitive's posterior, and the Obamaite grazing primitive kissing the cboy4 primitive's rear end; it'd be worth every dollar.

FVZA_Colonel  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:15 PM

14. That just seems way too high.

21% voting for McCain? How could they possibly make up their minds that after Senator Clinton, the next logical choice is essentially the Anti-Clinton?

cyr330  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:15 PM

15. Well, they're ****ing idiotic

if they're going to vote for McCain. If he wins, they'll get EXACTLY what they deserve. Too bad the rest of us would have to suffer as well. . .

Klukie  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:17 PM

17. Well they are behaving like my three year old...

What a bunch of assholes.

Spazito  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:17 PM

18. Your OP header is misleading, very misleading, imo...

21% are backing McCain AND 27 % are UNDECIDED or want to vote for someone else.

The reality is there are, at max about 11 % that might be Democrats and want to vote for someone else.

The 21% are the repubs from Operation Chaos and were delighted to state publicly they had NO intention of voting Democratic in the General Election regardless of who the nominee was.

It's a big bonfire, so only a few more Obamaite primitives:

Danieljay  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:18 PM

19. IF this is true, they are ****sticks and deserve what they will get if John McCain is elected.

PROJECTION ALERT:

Xap  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:18 PM

21. Cultists.

Skwmom  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:20 PM

25. Well the gang of Clinton has been working overtime to raise the number.

ChimpersMcSmirkers  (780 posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:21 PM

26. Guess what? If Obama loses, Hill can kiss any hopes of the presidency goodbye. It's that simple.

If Hill supporters don't support the partys candidate, then they will get the blame, especially from the AA community. Game over. If you ever want to see Hill president, you need to vote for Barack. That is all.

emilyg  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:24 PM
Response to Reply #26

30. If Obama loses - he'll have no one to blame but himself.

It's his job to win people over.

But alas, the more Barry "Goldwater" Obama tries to win them over, the more the Obamaites and Obamaite primitives chase them away.

ChimpersMcSmirkers  (780 posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:29 PM
Response to Reply #30

37. Say that all you want. If you aren't supporting his pro-choice, anti-war, middle class tax cut union-supported platform, then you aren't ever going to go to his side. Which means there is nothing he can do to convince you. Which means that you are holding out support to be vindictive and spiteful. I'll repeat it though. If Obama loses, Hill's supporters will get a good chunk of the blame. And I can tell you the AA community, along with the rest of his supporters will not be happy about it. They will hold the same grudge, far longer then you will.

Oregonian  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:23 PM

28. ****ing nutjobs.

I have nothing but utter contempt for these freaks.

littlebit  (882 posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:26 PM

33. And then there are Hillary supporters like me who are so disgusted with the democratic party it is unreal. I don't know about anyone else but when I am called an idiot racist bigot on a regular basis I tend to not want to kiss and make up. What's sad is I think Obama is the Democratic equivalent of Bush but I would have probably swallowed my disgust and voted for him. But the more I read and the more I watch him I am back to being undecided. I know I am not the only one who feels this way.

nevergiveup  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:27 PM

34. I don't get the intensity of the hostility

I have never particularly cared for Hillary but I would have gladly voted for her. I find it difficult to believe that there are this many true Democrats who can't decide between Obama and McCain.

Diane R  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-21-08 07:27 PM

35. I'll blame the Clintons if Obama loses this. They caused this rift.

I'd blame the Obamaites and Obamaite primitives.

Sore winners never win.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
What happens to PUMA if Obama puts Hilary on the ticket?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies