Author Topic: The neighborhood asian kids point and laugh at rockhead  (Read 2660 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
The neighborhood asian kids point and laugh at rockhead
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029687534

MineralMan (99,174 posts)

Our Hmong Neighbors Call Us The "Crow People," I Discovered..

On yesterday's walk with our dogs, a child down the street called out to another child, "It's the Crow People!" The two kids ran over to pet our dogs, who absolutely adore children of all ages.

It's no wonder we have that name, though. When we moved into our house in St. Paul, MN, over 13 years ago, we immediately put a bird feeder and bird bath out in our front yard. Then, when the squirrels moved in to raid the bird feeder, we started throwing out peanuts in the shell for them, to let the birds have a chance at the feeders.

Soon, we had a dozen squirrels in yard, both gray and red, along with the occasional white or black squirrel. But those peanuts also caught the eye of a crow a few years ago. That crow told another crow, and before long, we had a couple dozen crows on our lawn every morning and evening when we threw food out. Now, I don't even bother to count the crows.

They know when feeding time is and fill the trees along the street, waiting for my wife to come out the door and throw out the peanuts. We supplement those with cheap dry cat food, as well, since it's mainly grain-based and good for crows. We added that so the squirrels could at least compete for the peanuts.

Yes, it has all gotten a little out of control, and we buy peanuts in the shell in 50-lb bags from a nearby feed store now, to save money, along with giant bags of cat food and bird seed of various types, to keep the smaller birds happy. Rabbits, too. They started showing up to eat the sprouts from the birdseed waste, along with some of the seeds the birds don't eat. Wild turkeys, too, occasionally.

So, now, my wife and I are the "Crow People" to the children of the Hmong families who make up about 2/3 of our neighbors. We're also the "Friendly Dog People" and who knows what else. In spite of all the ugliness in the world, life's still good in our little corner of it. Life continues, and it's nice to be recognized by the neighbor children. Sometimes we all need a break from politics, I guess.

Offline YupItsMe

Re: The neighborhood asian kids point and laugh at rockhead
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »
What kinda idiot wants that many crows hanging around.  I can't stand them.  As far as I'm concerned they're the rats of the sky.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »
Short version:  The neighborhood is packed with ethnic minorities and all of the little ethnic children love their Great White Father Rock Head.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:35:50 AM »
What kinda idiot wants that many crows hanging around.  I can't stand them.  As far as I'm concerned they're the rats of the sky.

While they truly are 'sky rats,' they do serve a useful purpose by keeping the sides of roads relatively clean.  Crows and turkey buzzards.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:00:24 AM »
Prime example of what happens when you "give out free shit".

I wonder what will happen when rockboy and spouse miss a feeding?   :rotf:

I believe Alfred Hitchcock made a movie about this.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
The neighbors probably refer to Mr/Mrs Rockhead as the ***-damned Crow People. One crow is bad enough, dozens cawing early in the morning or in the evening every day is torture.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »
The neighbors probably refer to Mr/Mrs Rockhead as the ***-damned Crow People. One crow is bad enough, dozens cawing early in the morning or in the evening every day is torture.

When my Dad was in his last years and I came to visit him I noticed that there was a shopping plaza to which scores or hundreds of crows flocked every day around sundown. I don't know what drew them there. The parking lot was covered with their crap.I imagine they were not exactly quiet, either.

Since crows are carrion birds, I wonder whether "crow people" has a cultural meaning less complimentary than MM realizes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »
Mineral Moses, now with Hmong neighbors!

Get off his lawn!! 

:rotf:

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
Since crows are carrion birds, I wonder whether "crow people" has a cultural meaning less complimentary than MM realizes.

I believe* "crow people" is a reference to older white dudes who use a puppy on a string to lure Asian children into their yard.

*not really
Deplorable since 2016

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »
I believe* "crow people" is a reference to older white dudes who use a puppy on a string to lure Asian children into their yard.

*not really

Is it wrong to think that a cat would be better bait?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:08 PM »
Our Hmong Neighbors Call Us The "Crow People," I Discovered..

And your property is coverd in bird shit. I bet your neighbors love you. The Hmong now have a local free source of food in your yard!! :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!