Author Topic: Common everyday phrase or ... DEATH THREAT!!?  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Common everyday phrase or ... DEATH THREAT!!?
« on: September 07, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212444866

DFW
Of all people, the Arizona Republicans want to stop Democrat Mark Kelly "dead in his tracks."

The state party chairman stated that as the state party's goal--and I doubt it was a careless use of words. Let me rephrase that: you will NEVER convince me it was a careless use of words.

As we all know, Mark Kelly's wife, Gabby Giffords, native daughter of Tucson and former dynamic member of the House of Representatives, was shot in the head and permanently disabled by a gunman at an open meeting in January, 2011. So, now the head of the Arizona Republicans uses a phrase undoubtedly meant to inspire another gun nut to finish off the as-yet-unwounded half of the couple ("oh, no, I only meant it figuratively, wink wink" ). Not coincidentally, Mark is running for John McCain's Senate seat as a Democrat, and his chances look good. It is up for election next year. As a former astronaut, as well as Gabby's husband, he is hardly unknown in Arizona.

Mark must be scaring the living shit out of the Arizona Republicans for their chair to be coming out with not-so-subtle calls for someone to do to Mark what was done to Gabby. That no Republican has yet made any kind of public call for the State party to use different language is indication enough that they sympathize with the sentiments of their party chair--not exactly comforting, but at least leaving no doubt where their true sentiments ( and, conceivably, intentions) lie.

Yeah, they’re really trying to make this a thing. They have a couple threads about it over there.

It reminds me of the sports announcer who uttered the phrase *GASP* “Chink in the armor ...” and was fired for using a racist slur.

The perpetually offended can always find new and exciting outrages.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: Common everyday phrase or ... DEATH THREAT!!?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »
The so-called outrage culture or cancel culture cannot keep on going.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 11:14:30 AM »
To quote the title of Dave Chappelle's great new special, "Sticks and Stones".  They're just a figure of speech, DUmmies/libs.  Being constantly butt hurt by language is a sad way to exist.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
To quote the title of Dave Chappelle's great new special, "Sticks and Stones".  They're just a figure of speech, DUmmies/libs.  Being constantly butt hurt by language is a sad way to exist.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 02:26:26 PM »

They are so perpetually aggrieved and triggered.  :mental: :panic:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 02:28:48 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 02:27:35 PM »

Just watched that Thursday night. It was AWESOME!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
 :thatsright:  :hammer:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
They are so perpetually aggrieved and triggered.  :mental: :panic:

Personally, I try micro and macro aggress as much as possible.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
NEVER apologize.

Increase the frequency of whatever triggers their butt hurt.

Make counter accusations against the butt hurt brigade.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 03:41:30 PM »
NEVER apologize.

Increase the frequency of whatever triggers their butt hurt.

Make counter accusations against the butt hurt brigade.

It's well known that one of my greater faults is being too nice :-) but I think the crazy has gotten so great that counter-aggression is often the best response. Make the fool pay for their foolishness.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »
Has anyone reminded DUmmie DFW that Gabby was shot by a Dimrat...

Guess not...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
The ironic thing is there is a good chance a post or two will need to be removed from that thread for threatening the President or some random Republican.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 07:13:29 PM »

DFW  <<--- "Boss" Tweed

23. I gave him a big lump sum     Liar

I was on the phone with him for about half an hour ròbo-call with Keglly's voice, and I knew he would ask for a contribution sooner or later. We have known each other for years,BS so he didn't bother with a hard sell. But he timidlyBS (not his usual nature!) askedBS for a sum so modest, I doubled it.BS Like you, I consider his race one of the most important of the whole 2020 Senate races. To flip the seats of both Flake and McCain in such a short time would be a powerful national message.  My gawd.
Good grief, what a smarmy little lickspittle.

Cool story, bro.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”