Author Topic: Are there any "Red" States that are absolutely vital to the existence of the U.S  (Read 974 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Progressive Jones (1,551 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213232149

Are there any "Red" States that are absolutely vital to the existence of the U.S.?

:thatsright:

mahatmakanejeeves (27,529 posts)

1. Only the ones where they make things and grow crops, that sort of stuff.

That would be a lot of them.

Do you like potatoes? Idaho.

Do you like pasta? North Dakota.

Etc.

11. You make a great point, but this nation's economy would fold overnight if, say, Chicago, New York City, or Los Angeles
went away. They are all, of course, in Blue States.

I guess what lies behind my original question is, why can't these GOP controlled States seem to get with the program?

Why are all of the poorest States in the Union GOP controlled?

gibraltar72 (4,014 posts)

4. Not now They aren't helping.

Igel (29,997 posts)

5. Are there any blue states?

I suspect that if NYS or California were suddenly deleted from existence we'd manage. Each has something that's really important, but we overuse "essential".

The stock market is backed up and would carry on, so Wall Street isn't. Broadway can be repeated almost anywhere. The ports in California could be rebuilt. Hollywood is more corporate HQ than it is production at this point. The petrochemical industry in TX could be replicated.

Natural resources may be a bit harder, but we'd adapt to the loss of Iowa or Kansas or California's agricultural output and TX energy production.

Star Member hlthe2b (77,589 posts)

6. If you don't want to starve and still be able to drive your car, heat/cool your house, lots of 'em

I hate red-state politics as much as anyone, but let's don't do this.

CaptYossarian (3,283 posts)

7. Only to fill out the map.

We can sacrifice MS and AL and replace them with DC and PR. That will keep us at 50 stars on the flag.

Haven't heard much about Alaskan oil in a very long time. That one might hurt a little.

Let's see how many hoax believers go into the ground this year and I'll get back to you. We might gain some more blue on the Electoral map because of FOX and Der Fuehrer's 2-month eff-up.

Star Member KatyMan (2,730 posts)

9. Are you vital to the existence of the US?

Good people live all over this country and shame on you for wanting to condemn them because they're gerrymandered, kept poor, prevented from voting. How about do or say positive things about our fellow humans?

::)

12. I'm not one of the assholes who put us in the position we're in by voting for Trump.

Those were Red State people, for the most part.

Star Member KPN (10,216 posts)

16. Based on politics the past 40 or so years, no. The costs associated with red States has far exceeded the benefits in terms of a healthy, functioning society and democracy -- especially as related to most anyone who isn't a white male over 4o years old and the cost-benefit ration of blue States.

Oh, there are some values in having red States in the national make-up, but not without severe costs that directly harm a majority of Americans. **** 'em. We don't need them at that cost.

WhiskeyGrinder (7,577 posts)

19. What the **** is this shit right here.

:lmao:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

When the DUmmies fly from coast to coast we can shoot them down when they violate mid-America's airspace. :-)

Offline SVPete

:thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:

For in fact the body is not a single member, but many. If the foot says, “Since I am not a hand, I am not part of the body,” it does not lose its membership in the body because of that. And if the ear says, “Since I am not an eye, I am not part of the body,” it does not lose its membership in the body because of that. If the whole body were an eye, what part would do the hearing? If the whole were an ear, what part would exercise the sense of smell? ... If they were all the same member, where would the body be? So now there are many members, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor in turn can the head say to the foot, “I do not need you.”

:thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:  :mental:  :thatsright:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:16:56 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

They are so hideous when they think they are smart or even necessary.

The red states are not just red states they are everybody but the blue shit (literally) holes of blue. 

The blue-red civil war would not last more than a week. Go to the store and see what would happen to blue shit holes without red areas-counties. Watch what happens to the death toll in the blue shit holes.

I would say that less than 1500 armed men would bring Los Angels to a stand still. Less than a thousand to bring New York and Chicago to their knees. I might be overestimating on man power.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

Dutch, nice job saving, because he deleted.  I also shared on other social media.   :lmao:  What a ****wad. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Progressive Jones

I guess what lies behind my original question is, why can't these GOP controlled States seem to get with the program?

Given that your definition of “the program” is modern day liberalism, then the answer to your question is that reasonable people prefer freedom, something your ideology doesn’t offer.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

When the DUmmies fly from coast to coast we can shoot them down when they violate mid-America's airspace. :-)

I like your thinking
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

Dutch, nice job saving, because he deleted.  I also shared on other social media.   :lmao:  What a ****wad.

I'm pretty sure SU had similar threads in December 2016 and in early 2017. It's not impossible that some of the less crazy voices in this thread were on the other side of those the F-the-Red-States or F-the-Rural-people threads. But I wonder if even those people realize that some of the tech they used to get their words onto DU's server & storage farm and from there to fellow DU-Folks' computer displays was created in Idaho and Texas (Micron Technology and Texas Instruments, for starters). On the military side of things, last I heard, a disproportionate number of our men and women in uniform are from southern states. And at least one essential tech assembly in every one of those drones OhBummer! loved so much was created and produced in Utah.

The words I posted above are very old, spoken by someone many/most DU-Folk mouth-foamingly hate, and to a very different context. But they are apt.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GOP Congress

11. You make a great point, but this nation's economy would fold overnight if, say, Chicago, New York City, or Los Angeles
went away. They are all, of course, in Blue States.

Oh, PLEASE float away to Canada, Europe, or China respectively. Without those three cities, this country would move so fast to the right, and with a flat tax, we can easily replace those three cities' economic output within five years. And with a dominant conservative country, we would overwhelm the world's tyranny governments and open them up to their own citizens.

If a DUmmie can dream, so could I.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline landofconfusion80

I'd be interested to see the political leanings of nonessential vs. essential workers. I'd say essential employees have a much more conservative world view.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

> Progressive Jones (1,551 posts)  Are there any "Red" States that are absolutely vital to the existence of the U.S.?

Something is always happening here in WV Mister Jones, but you don't know what it is... do you?

Hop in your green car, come on down and smell the roses you will never find on your graven hate...or GFYS.