Author Topic: "I'll take Potty Training Alex"  (Read 723 times)

Offline zeitgeist

"I'll take Potty Training Alex"
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:46:51 PM »
"I'll take Potty Training Alex"

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213225107

Now I realize this is a some what $hitty subject but it is quite a bit of concern at the DUmp.   :rimshot:

Laura PourMeADrink (32,192 posts)

New one: Flush with lid down
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/04/02/why-you-should-flush-with-the-lid-down-virologist-warns-of-fecal-oral-transmission-of-covid-19/

Topline: While scientists have warned that COVID-19 can be spread by fecal-oral transmission (hence the importance of post-bathroom hand washing) the disease can also be spread through what is known as "aerosolized feces" which means that it's more important than ever to close the lid of the toilet while flushing, according to experts.

Tweet   

I guess the cocktail flag is getting hoisted a bit early these days. Laura seems to have been pouring for quite some time. 

Ms. Toad (20,949 posts)

20. Depends on the toilet, habit, and the availability of a lid.

In places where I know it takes 2-3 flushes, I don't flush with the lid down - because I need to check and see if it requires a second or third flush. (Most of those don't have lids anyway.)

It has also taken years to develop the habit of putting the lid down - to prevent our cat from going fishing (none of our previous cats did that). But I don't always remember to put the lid down before flushing - that's a next step.

But common knowledge - yes, it should be.

Low flow toilets are a plumber's dream and home owner's nightmare.  Let's all sing: "We will save the world."  (Or just become a turd world country.)

Ex Lurker (3,068 posts)

9. If it's so contagious that it can be spread by breathing and flushing toilets

Then all these draconian measures are useless and we should just let it burn through and get it over with.

My goodness!  What would happen to all the press coverage?  Is Ex really a Flubro ?

Response to Ex Lurker (Reply #9)Fri Apr 3, 2020, 11:55 AM
Star Member at140 (4,683 posts)

15. You may be right.

United States current Corona-virus Cases: 257,379
Deaths: 6,558

Assuming 100,000 succumb to virus, it is still only 0.03% of US population.

Oh noessssss we have contagion   They want to kill Granny and Grandpa

Response to Ex Lurker (Reply #9)Fri Apr 3, 2020, 12:29 PM
Star Member GeorgeGist (22,383 posts)

18. Guess they don't breathe or flush toilets ...

in South Korea, China, Canada etc.

Or could it be they just don't have flush toilets? Holy kimchi Batman what if they just squat in the fields?

Leith (5,727 posts)

19. On a related subject

Don't use the blower dryers to dry your hands. Mythbusters did a story about the cleanliness of public restrooms and found that blowing your hands dry blew whatever nasty beasties left on your hands around the entire restroom. The cleanest way to dry your hands? Disposable paper towels.

So much for the claims of sanitation on the blower's label.

Response to Leith (Reply #19)Fri Apr 3, 2020, 01:53 PM
LisaL (33,179 posts)

25. Yea, well, in effort to conserve those paper towels,

a lot of public places have transitioned to only having those blow dryers.

Save a tree kill a senior citizen.  Sounds like it could be a great campaign slogan for someone, AOC perhaps??  I have may still have a great tree hugger photo but it is NSFW. :naughty:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: "I'll take Potty Training Alex"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:51:10 PM »
While scientists have warned that COVID-19 can be spread by fecal-oral transmission

Ms. Toad (20,949 posts)

20. Depends on the toilet, habit, and the availability of a lid.

those in the vicinity of the streets of san francisco are ****ed
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 03:57:11 PM »
  Laura PourMeADrink (32,192 posts)

New one: Flush with lid down
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/04/02/why-you-should-flush-with-the-lid-down-virologist-warns-of-fecal-oral-transmission-of-covid-19/

Topline: While scientists have warned that COVID-19 can be spread by fecal-oral transmission (hence the importance of post-bathroom hand washing) the disease can also be spread through what is known as "aerosolized feces"

I guess that adds a whole new meaning to "eat shit and die"

Also you are not supposed to stick your head down to look in the toilet when flushing.

It has also taken years to develop the habit of putting the lid down - to prevent our cat from going fishing

Maybe if you flushed after each use the cat wouldn't go fishing in the toilet. :thatsright: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »
So the DUMP finally got to a subject that they have some expertise, scatology.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 06:46:06 PM »
I guess that adds a whole new meaning to "eat shit and die"

:lol: :lol:

So the DUMP finally got to a subject that they have some expertise, scatology.

:lol: :lol:

H5 to both!!!!

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi