Author Topic: BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says  (Read 2858 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says
« on: January 21, 2013, 01:05:25 PM »
Research In Motion has finally set the date for the launch of its next-generation BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

The embattled smartphone manufacturer said today it would release its newest BlackBerrys on January 30 with multiple events in a global launch. The company will unveil its first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones -- a full touch-screen device and one resembling its current Bold flagship line -- as well as provide more details on the platform.
BlackBerry 10 represents the company's last, best shot at a turnaround. The once high-flying company was a major player in the smartphone world, but in recent years has seen its market share deteriorate in its home market of North America as Apple and Android smartphones began to dominate.

RIM's smartphones remains a favorite of some corporate users and companies and government agencies who prefer the high security that comes with BlackBerry devices. Still, many traditional BlackBerry users have increasingly turned to iPhones and Android smartphones.

Late last month, RIM said its phones had begun going through testing with 50 global carriers, a key sign of progress for the phones.

"Thanks to our strong partnerships with global carriers and a growing ecosystem of developers, we believe our customers will have the best experience possible with BlackBerry 10," CEO Thorsten Heins said in a statement today. "We are looking forward to getting BlackBerry 10 in the hands of our customers around the world."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57548241-94/blackberry-10-will-launch-on-january-30-rim-says/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Re: BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30, RIM says
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
Since I am a super tech geek, I can't wait.  I hope they have something worthwhile.  I used Blackberry for years until they feel behind, especially business wise by forcing the purchase of their BB servers to work with Exchange while Windows and Android phones offered the option OTA without extra costs and servers.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
Since I am a super tech geek, I can't wait.  I hope they have something worthwhile.  I used Blackberry for years until they feel behind, especially business wise by forcing the purchase of their BB servers to work with Exchange while Windows and Android phones offered the option OTA without extra costs and servers.

I'm hoping so too.  I just went back to using a BB and ditched my iPhone 3g S.

If all goes well...I'm buying one of the new touch screen BB's when they make it to Germany.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
What was the reason for BlackBerry's service outages ?

There was some speculation of "hacking" or was it just lack of servers ?

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
What was the reason for BlackBerry's service outages ?

There was some speculation of "hacking" or was it just lack of servers ?

From what I've read it was a server outage at one of their data centers...and a failure of the back up server that was designed to handle the load incase of the mains going down.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
From what I've read it was a server outage at one of their data centers...and a failure of the back up server that was designed to handle the load incase of the mains going down.

Which is another issue of their failure IMO.  Android nor Windows has this centralized server setup that BB does.  They did a good job and because of their servers and companies buying their servers they were able to offer services that no one else could.  This is what made them successful for many years to begin with.  But then Andriod, Iphone, And Windows were able to offer the same services and better without the use of such servers.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:37 PM »
I can offer a little insight.

There is two ways that you can offer blackberry services.

1) You can use internal blackberry servers that act sorta like internal email services. If your gateway or the Internet goes down you may have internal (corporate) communication.

2) You rely on RIM for your blackberry service.

It was RIM services that failed.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »
I can't wait for BB10 for the Playbook. It's a nice well built tablet but the current OS is okay at best.