Author Topic: Blinken's Stunningly Bad Statement About Gaza Aid Shows Dangerous Naïveté . . .  (Read 390 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
. . . of Biden Team

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/10/17/blinken-statement-about-gaza-aid-shows-dangerous-naivete-n2165164

I don't know about you guys, but when I see a photo or a video with Blinken in it, the impression I get through his body language is he doesn't have an f'n clue what he's doing. He's petrified -- not just scared, but shitting-in-his-pants terrified. I don't get that impression with Mayorkas or with Granholm or with Austin, who are dangling turds all by themselves -- but they are confident dangling turds.

Not so Blinken. Another clear, shining example of the Peter Principle at work.  :whatever:

As usual, another series of never-ending Twatter posts at the link - but it's helpful to watch at least a couple of them.

Joe Biden has been trying to hem in Israel. He's warned Israel about occupying Gaza, and said that he wants to surge support to the people in Gaza.

Um, Joe? Hamas just killed Americans, and they're holding American hostages. Maybe that should be your principal focus? But instead I'm hearing a lot more about "aid" to Gaza.

Now, of course questions have been raised about how Biden through "aid" in the past despite warnings it could help Hamas. There were also new claims about Hamas purportedly stealing aid. But listen to Secretary of State Antony Blinken try to assure us, hey, there's nothing to worry about if they funnel more aid to Gaza. The best part is the last when he says what they'll do if Hamas hijacks the aid.

“The U.S. and Israel have agreed to develop a plan that will enable humanitarian aid from donor nations and multilateral organizations to reach civilians in Gaza, and them alone,” Blinken said.

Don't worry, guys, they're working on a plan. Because all the other Biden "plans" have gone so well so far.

"It is critical that aid begin flowing into Gaza as soon as possible," Blinken argued.

But this is the best, right here: “If Hamas — in any way — blocks humanitarian assistance from reaching civilians, including by seizing the aid itself, we’ll be the first to condemn it,” Blinken claimed, saying that they would then work on preventing it from happening again.

Oh. Well, that should do the trick. I'm sure they'll be completely cowed from doing it by your potential "condemnation." Sounds like a great plan you have there. Does that entail a "strongly worded letter" or just a Biden quick flippant remark when it happens? But be assured they'll not take any responsibility for it when it happens. Notice, they would still keep sending the aid, they'd just "work" on how not to have the same thing happen again.

Can you imagine anyone thinking this is a credible response to the situation?  The naïveté here is stunning and dangerous. It explains why they keep getting everything wrong and keep making the same mistakes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.