Author Topic: Biden administration plows forward with electric buses even as cities stuck with  (Read 346 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Biden administration plows forward with electric buses even as cities stuck with inoperable vehicles
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/energy/biden-administration-plows-forward-electric-buses-despite-cities-stuck

Cities across the U.S. have purchased electric buses that are inoperable and cannot be repaired. Despite such problems, the Biden administration is providing school districts with $1 billion in taxpayer money to help them transition many of their buses over to electric.

Many of the buses used by transit departments were manufactured by Proterra, which President Joe Biden heavily promoted. The company went bankrupt in August, which has made it hard to get parts and services for the buses, which transit departments are reporting have a number of problems.

The city of Asheville, North Carolina, is the latest municipality to find itself with million-dollar buses it cannot use. The city, Fox News reports, spent millions in 2018 to add five buses to its fleet. Three of them  are out of commission due to mechanical and software problems, and one has a broken door that can’t be replaced.

Quixotic and futile.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

The scary thing is 'How much of the U.S. Military is left holding the bag' on EV-expectations.

Offline Old n Grumpy

I wonder if Biden is getting his 10% from each bus.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!