Author Topic: Dana-Farber to Retract 6 Papers, Correct 31 Following Data Manipulation Claims  (Read 574 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Dana-Farber to Retract 6 Papers, Correct 31 Following Data Manipulation Claims
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2024/1/22/dana-farber-issues-corrections/

The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute initiated retractions or corrections to 37 papers authored by four senior researchers following allegations of data falsification, a DFCI research integrity officer said on Sunday.

In the emailed statement to The Crimson, DFCI Research Integrity Officer Barrett J. Rollins wrote that six manuscripts have retractions underway and 31 are being corrected.

The corrections come amid claims of data manipulation against DFCI President and CEO Laurie H. Glimcher ’72, Executive Vice President and COO William C. Hahn ’87, Senior Vice President for Experimental Medicine Irene M. Ghobrial, and Harvard Medical School professor Kenneth C. Anderson. The allegations of misconduct were first compiled and publicized in a Jan. 2 blog post by data sleuth Sholto David.

In the statement, Rollins wrote that David contacted DFCI with allegations of data manipulation in 57 manuscripts. According to Rollins, 38 were articles in which DFCI researchers “have primary responsibility for the potential data errors.”

Harvard had to retract articles due to data manipulation. First, antisemitism and Claudine Gay and now this.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 11:09:40 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

It’s only Harvard, it’s not like it’s something really important like the Palmer report, or Rachel Madcow show.
 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!