Author Topic: "Food Deserts" Rise In Democrat Run Cities As Grocers Leave In Droves  (Read 737 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
"Food Deserts" Rise In Democrat Run Cities As Grocers Leave In Droves
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/food-deserts-rise-democrat-run-cities-grocers-leave-droves

The panic is palpable.  Democrat controlled cities across the nation are experiencing something they might never have experienced before:  Consequences for their terrible criminal prosecution policies.  And, they don't like.  Not one bit.

Democrats have argued for the past couple years that crime rates are actually falling in the US compared to previous decades, but this does not seem to be represented on the streets as retailers in numerous metro areas are closing up shop after many years of operations due to increasing theft.  If crime rates are falling, why are so many businesses leaving blue areas?

Boston, for example, has been bleeding retailers in recent months, with companies like Walgreens closing down four stores in the area in a single year.  Residents and officials are “outraged”, arguing that these companies have a civic duty to stay and service communities in need.  It's estimated that Massachusetts retailers are losing more than $2 billion per year to criminal theft.  Maybe if the community stopped robbing them on a daily basis, these companies wouldn't feel the need to shut down.

Walgreens is closing its 4th location in Boston in the black area of Roxbury, a neighborhood plagued by theft.

Residents are outraged and shocked.

Former NAACP president to stores: "Do what's right for these communities and beyond just your bottom line" pic.twitter.com/tFSZYVQq9I

— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) January 16, 2024
The series of closures in Boston is similar to what is happening in San Francisco, with some neighborhoods slowly but surely losing nearby access to grocers.  Companies have in some cases tried to hide the reason for shutting down (high crime) by suggesting that they are “improving” the area by opening land up for development, but locals know the real cause.

Conclusion – Crime is not falling at all in leftist run cities.  Crime rates rely on reports and arrests.  If leftist officials are making policies which discourage arrests and reporting, then crime rates go down – It's like magic.

Due to changes in the way data is being collated by the FBI during the covid years, many major cities are not actually required to provide full crime rate information until 2024-2025, and quite a few are taking advantage (at least 30%).  San Francisco will not be reporting complete crime stats until 2025.   

Food Deserts are rising in Democrat run cities as stores are closing shop and leaving. Gees, how is soft on crime working out, eh?
:ownit:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:46:11 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: "Food Deserts" Rise In Democrat Run Cities As Grocers Leave In Droves
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 09:41:46 AM »
Former NAACP president to stores: "Do what's right for these communities

The naacp should be talking to their people about what is right, not the business. Things will never change until they learn that their anti social behavior is destroying their community. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!