Author Topic: Chicago led nation in homicides for 12th year in a row in 2023, murder rate stil  (Read 601 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Chicago led nation in homicides for 12th year in a row in 2023, murder rate still 5 times higher than NYC’s – Wirepoints
https://wirepoints.org/chicago-led-nation-in-homicides-for-12th-year-in-a-row-in-2023-murder-rate-still-5-times-higher-than-nycs-wirepoints/

Count on hearing repeatedly this year from Chicago’s leadership that it successfully brought down the city’s murder total by 13% in 2023. Chicago finished the year with 617 homicides, down from 709 in 2022. That’s 92 fewer murders and good news.

But what you’re unlikely to hear are five additional facts that would temper any optimism gained from that first fact:

1. Murders across the country fell at record levels in 2023. Overall, homicides nationally are expected to drop 13%, about the same as in Chicago. And murders in other big homicide hotspots like Philadelphia, Baltimore and New Orleans fell by 21 to 31%. Most big cities had bigger percentage drops than Chicago did.

Below we lay out the 2023 data for the 10 homicide hubs in 2022, those cities with the largest number of murders in the country in 2022.

Homicides have dipped across the board including Chicago. Crime rate remains high.

5. Despite the 13% drop in homicides, Chicago’s major crimes jumped by a total of 16% in 2023. Robberies were up 23%. Aggravated batteries, up 6%. Thefts and criminal sexual assaults were both up 3% each. And motor vehicle thefts spiked by 37% to reach a total of nearly 30,000 car thefts. And all that was after major crimes had already jumped 40% between 2022 and 2021.

Overall, 2023 major crimes hit a post-covid record of more than 77,500. That’s 55% higher compared to 2019.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Maybe Chicago should look at what Ohio is doing.  Constitutional Carry seems to be working for them.  I posted the article about it in Breaking News.

Maybe the Chicago Guv doesn't trust his people ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

It looks like their aim is getting better  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
It looks like their aim is getting better  :thatsright:

Pure cowinky-dink.

Holding the pistol sideways after turning on the "Glock Switch" is about the surest way I can think of to turn a striker-fired semi-automatic into a random number generator, because there's no possible way you're in control of where the lead stops moving at the other end of the range. Set up a "game" of High Noon Showdown with a bunch of your friends and that setup, and you may as well be playing Russian Roulette.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus