Author Topic: Progressive Western women converting to Islam, sharing reasons on social media s  (Read 920 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Progressive Western women converting to Islam, sharing reasons on social media since 10/7 Hamas attack
https://www.foxnews.com/media/progressive-western-women-converting-islam-sharing-reasons-social-media-10-7-hamas-attack

A growing number of young, progressive Western women are converting to Islam, citing the Israel-Hamas war as motivation for the conversion – and they're documenting their journey on social media.

Hoover Institution research fellow Ayaan Hirsi Ali issued a warning on the new trend during "America's Newsroom," arguing young women are "throwing away" their freedom with the decision.

"You are converting to throwing away your freedoms as a woman," Ali told Dana Perino on Monday. "Islamic scripture, Islamic law, Sharia law and Islamic practice is crystal clear about the position of women, and it's inferior to men. Your testimony is half that of a man. Your husband can beat you. You have absolutely no freedom."

"Everything is about your guardian having authority over you. First your male father, and then later on your male husband, and if those aren't even available, even your own male son has authority over you," she continued. "So if that's what they want to revert to, good luck with that."

The left-leaning women making the decision to convert have shared their religious diversion on TikTok, with many wearing the hijab, reading the Quran, attending pro-Palestinian protests and even learning Arabic as they accuse Israel of genocide.

The left has been converting to Islam, especially after October 7, 2023 attack on Israel.

But even as critics say the trend is a "rebellion" against Western culture, Ali argued the renewed interest in the religion is symbolic of a "confused" generation that is battling "moral dislocation."

"I think that's a manifestation of the moral dislocation of the West that we're going through," Ali said. "I think we've failed these young people… Campuses are politicized. They use the word hate this and safe to death, but it's really the introduction of a political ideology that is anti-Western. It's anti-American. It's all about tearing things down."

"Now you have a generation… the latter numbers, the ones who are born later, the millennials and then the Gen Zs, who are completely and utterly confused about who they are and where they stand," she continued.

But even as critics say the trend is a "rebellion" against Western culture, Ali argued the renewed interest in the religion is symbolic of a "confused" generation that is battling "moral dislocation."

"I think that's a manifestation of the moral dislocation of the West that we're going through," Ali said. "I think we've failed these young people… Campuses are politicized. They use the word hate this and safe to death, but it's really the introduction of a political ideology that is anti-Western. It's anti-American. It's all about tearing things down."

"Now you have a generation… the latter numbers, the ones who are born later, the millennials and then the Gen Zs, who are completely and utterly confused about who they are and where they stand," she continued.

Islam does not look too kindly to wokeness.

Ali argued the United Nations failed in standing up for women post-massacre since the institution is "corrupt," and noted how "shocking" it is to see women have converted to the religion following the unprecedented attack.

"I think the United Nations has failed in that because the United Nations is corrupt as an institution and has been so now for many decades," Ali said. "They've been co-opted by the people who want to erase Israel. What happened to young women on the 7th of October wasn't the secret. It's not something that you have to investigate. Hamas paraded these women, the rapes, all of that is on these GoPro cameras, and it's there for the whole world to see."

"It's shocking that women are converting to Islam after they've seen those images," she continued. "The MeToo movement is completely silent on this. All other prominent Western feminists are completely silent on this, but every weekend and every week now, we see hundreds of thousands of people, well-educated, privileged, who call themselves progressives marching – for what? Marching for the… supporters of Hamas to erase the only Democratic nation in the Middle East."

MeToo and feminists are silent about women being treated by Hamas or Muslim nations.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
MeToo unless you’re a Jew
https://unherd.com/2023/11/metoo-unless-youre-a-jew/

After accompanying British troops as they liberated Bergen-Belsen in April 1945, Richard Dimbleby produced one of the most viscerally horrifying — and powerful — dispatches in the BBC’s history. “I find it hard to describe adequately the horrible things that I’ve seen and heard,” he began, “but here unadorned are the facts.”

His language was spare, his descriptions factual — and yet, his bosses didn’t want to broadcast the report. A compromise was only reached after he threatened to resign and his script was cut in half. The reason, his son Jonathan later revealed, was that “the BBC needed more sources to support what had happened to Jews and worried that if you mentioned one group of people and not others, it might seem biased or wrong”.

The events of October 7 do not compare to the Holocaust, but a similar reluctance to consider both its primary victims remains. We see it in the defaced posters of kidnapped Israelis by people who claim they are “propaganda”, in the antisemitic disinformation peddled online, and in the weekly pro-Palestine demonstrations that fail to call out Hamas’s terrorism. But perhaps most peculiarly, we also see it in the silence of organisations and activist groups dedicated to fighting for women’s safety.

After Hamas terrorists set about murdering, raping and abducting as many women as they could, one might have expected widespread condemnation from the West’s feminist groups. After all, Hamas had provided enough evidence of its crimes — within hours, they were posting footage of abducted young women in bloodied trousers being paraded around Gaza. Even beforehand, its feminist credentials were hardly glowing: it mandates the hijab, has made it illegal to travel without a male guardian, and refused to ban physical or sexual abuse within the family.

MeToo is virtue signaling.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Progressive Western women converting to Islam, sharing reasons on social media

Look at me, look at me!! Just some more brain dead attention whores looking for their 5 minutes of fame  :loser: :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

There is no confusion about these moron women who embrace Islam as if it were a Midol pill. It's sheer stupidity resulting from their own failure to investigate repercussions and consequences of their own decisions. I get sick and tired of hearing about the "poor Millennials and poor Gen-Z's" who proclaim to be disaffected, confused, or distraught because they don't have enough "safe spaces." These morons try to play with their sexual orientation, gender, and biological status to see how far they can upset the balance of nature.

In that Ali, this "activist", from the Hoover Institution is partly correct. These idiots want to tear it all down and replace the western way of life because some other moron told them that's what they must do.

Speaking of the Hoover Institution, let's not forget that it's a public policy "think tank" based at Stanford University - yet another leftist bastion of academic and scholarly bullshit. I find it amazing that Victor Davis Hanson (who is also affiliated with the Hoover Institute) can even stomach the stink of the place -- I suppose he's their token conservative.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

These women are like the ones who ran off to marry terrorist fighters and found out the hard way exactly how women are treated by Islamic men

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
These women are like the ones who ran off to marry terrorist fighters and found out the hard way exactly how women are treated by Islamic men

Very astute observation.

How quickly those women and the consequences they earned for themselves by their own choices were forgotten.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Very astute observation.

How quickly those women and the consequences they earned for themselves by their own choices were forgotten.

No one ever said progressives were smart. :thatsright:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
No one ever said progressives were smart. :thatsright:

DUm'Rats try to convince everyone they're the smarter-est folks evah. :rotf:

Of course, as Frank has taught anyone who would listen over the years:
DUm'Rats lie. All the time, DUmmies lie.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Trans TikToker Gushes Over Quran: “Allah is Beyond Gender”
https://modernity.news/2023/11/27/trans-tiktoker-gushes-over-quran-allah-is-beyond-gender/

A transgender TikToker gushed about studying the Quran, claiming that Allah was “beyond gender”.

The clip, which went viral on X, features an effeminate biological male wearing make-up and sporting a thin mustache talking about how excited he is having “just started reading the Quran.”

The they/them explains how he started studying the book after seeing posts about it on social media and teaching materials for both Muslims and non-Muslims.

More and more “progressives” are becoming fascinated by Islam after starting to attend anti-Israel marches at university.

The left has a thing for Islam. Muslim nations do not look too kindly to people like them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 09:13:14 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I read somewhere that many feminists desire strong men while at the same time trying to pussify American men. They then turn to Muslim seeking the the strength they've nagged out of men here. Kind of makes sense if you think about it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

A transgender TikToker gushed about studying the Quran, claiming that Allah was “beyond gender”.
I guess it hasn’t gotten to the part where they kill gays.