Author Topic: New Biden Administration Rule Targets Portable Gas Generators and Water Heaters  (Read 252 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
New Biden Administration Rule Targets Portable Gas Generators and Water Heaters
https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/07/new-biden-administration-rule-targets-portable-gas-generators-and-water-heaters/

Mere months after the Biden administration proposed a ban on gas stoves, it announced a new rule that would essentially prohibit the manufacturing of nearly all portable gas generators in the country.

After seeking to reduce the use of gas stoves, the Biden administration is pushing a proposal to ban the sale of almost all portable gas generators—which some experts have said would be disastrous for the millions of Americans who rely on such generators during power outages.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has proposed a policy (pdf) that would remove nearly all existing portable gas generators from the market. The new rule restricts the amount of carbon monoxide that generators can emit by forcing these generators to switch off when they reach a certain level of emissions.

The rules are so stringent that 95% of portable gas generators would not meet the requirements.

“A proposed Consumer Product Safety Commission rule limits the amount of carbon monoxide a product can emit, with the commission admitting that 95 percent of portable gas generators on the market cannot comply with its new standard,” the site said.

The CPSC also posted a statement insisting that they recommend “that requirements be developed to address consumer exposure to unsafe CO emissions.”

These rules are so stringent that few machines currently on the market will pass the new emissions requirements, so almost none of the generators currently being made today are able to meet these stringent new rules. Meaning that gas generator manufacturers would have to go back to the drawing board.

Gas generators and water heaters are targeted by Biden.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Just one more step towards ruining the country by unelected bureaucrats  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
Just one more step towards ruining the country by unelected bureaucrats  :thatsright:

In spite of the fact that the unelected bureaucrats of the #JoeThePretender regime have been slapped down HARD by the USSC just within the last year. The smackdown of the EPA for unauthorized monkeying with "the rules" had reverberations into the AFT's gun grabbing agenda that have still yet to be fully delved into.

I think, #SpongeBrainShitPants is gonna find it more difficult to reign with a "pen and a phone" than Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch ever did. Maybe it's because "Dr. Jill" just isn't as intimidating as "Big Mike"? :shrug:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus