Author Topic: Millionaire on the run .. McAfee Founder  (Read 2446 times)

Offline mrclose

Millionaire on the run .. McAfee Founder
« on: May 26, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »
FULL TITLE: Millionaire on the run: How the man who founded software giant McAfee lost his fortune and ended up hiding from police in Belize after they 'rousted him from the bed of a 17-year-old and shot his dog because he's running a meth lab'.

By: Jamie Mcginnes

UK DAILY MAIL

EXCERPT:
  He was the man who made millions by creating one of the world's most successful internet security firms.

John McAfee - co-founder of McAfee - had for many years enjoyed the lavish trappings of wealth afforded by his $100m fortune.

But, in an extraordinary fall from grace, the 66-year-old is today in hiding in Belize after his home was raided for allegedly harbouring illegal drugs and weapons and - according to authorities - running a 'meth lab'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149904/John-McAfee-arrested-Belize-police-claim-running-meth-lab.html
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: Millionaire on the run .. McAfee Founder
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:04:30 PM »
McAfee wasn't a bad program; until they made it more bloated than Norton. That is an interesting story. I guess being successful wasn't important to him. It makes me think of John DeLorean.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
McAfee wasn't a bad program; until they made it more bloated than Norton. That is an interesting story. I guess being successful wasn't important to him. It makes me think of John DeLorean.

The trappings of success must be. Why else transfer all his Wealth to a jurisdiction beyond the reach of US courts.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
The trappings of success must be. Why else transfer all his Wealth to a jurisdiction beyond the reach of US courts.

He could have transferred his money because he knew if he got caught, he might lose it all. If he really cared about his success, he wouldn't have done what he did in the first place.