Author Topic: DainBramaged Doug Bulna steals television remote (7-year anniversary 08-21-20)  (Read 189579 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Dainbramaged stole TV remote to keep FOX off the air
« Reply #325 on: August 30, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
Well, in the absence of the brain-damaged primitive, whose going was rather, uh, abrupt, there probably wasn't time to get a new systems administrator hired yet.  It's possible that someone on the staff who has at least rudimentary knowledge of web-sites is filling in for the moment.

I'm surprised nobody thought of that possibility yesterday; I did.

^^This is what I intended to say yesterday, but couldn't manage to get out the right words.   :cheersmate:

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #326 on: August 30, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
Looks more and more likely that DB managed to earn this.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED : WALLDUDED

I dare someone to burn a mole and PM this to DB. I double dog DARE you!
and a :hi5: for miskie

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #327 on: August 30, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
^^This is what I intended to say yesterday, but couldn't manage to get out the right words.   :cheersmate:

It makes sense.

They fired the guy, told him to get the Hell out of there.....now.

Oooops, no systems adminstrator, and they have to find one.

They're not going to find one in days, much less hours; it'll take a while.

In the meantime, they need to get the grouchy old walrus off their web-site.

So they ask around, in the office, among their salesmen, out in the garage, to see if they have anybody who knows at least something about web-pages, so as to remove the picture.  

They maybe find an automotive mechanic who dabbles on computers in his spare time at home, and so while he can't redesign a whole web-page, he at least knows how to take something out.

Problem solved, for the short term, until they find a new systems administrator.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
It makes sense.

They fired the guy, told him to get the Hell out of there.....now.

Oooops, no systems adminstrator, and they have to find one.

They're not going to find one in days, much less hours; it'll take a while.

In the meantime, they need to get the grouchy old walrus off their web-site.

So they ask around, in the office, among their salesmen, out in the garage, to see if they have anybody who knows at least something about web-pages, so as to remove the picture.  

They maybe find an automotive mechanic who dabbles on computers in his spare time at home, and so while he can't redesign a whole web-page, he at least knows how to take something out.

Problem solved, for the short term, until they find a new systems administrator.

Seems likely to me at this point. I also suspect that if DB didn't manage to end up WallDUded, he would have been back on DU flipping us all the proverbial bird and making idle threats about 'actionable' things. 

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »
http://gearhartchevy.com/custom/Meet-our-Sales-Team
The receptionist is back up on the page...but not DB (pouty face)

Brighten up, DB. Its a THREE DAY WEEKEND. Employed or not, I would really go out and celebrate if I was you...at this point you better be saving every dollar, just in case.

The dealership does have a link to this thread, maybe they read about it? This thread was also part of a twitter tweet. As soon as the tweet was sent out, there was an a quick jump in "guests" viewing the thread, most likely DB's co-workers that he claimed to hate. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:46:24 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
 :fuelfire: Confession is good for the soul, Doug. Go onto DU and spill your guts.
Cali accepted her walduding with dignity and grace. You can too.
Now that you are free, remember YOU ARE FREE. Post what you really feel.

We know you want to. Think of all the sympathy you will get from your fellows.
You have a Chevy. You might even bump into Bobo. You have a brilliant career ahead as you face 99 weeks of unemployment bliss, and then join the disability bandwagon just in time for Obama care to kick in and deny you a life saving operation.

Dontcha have something to tell your friends at CC? at FR? At CU? At...well, everywhere on the net?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
So kids, remember :

Bad things happen when you badmouth your coworkers on the internet, even under the cloak of anonymity. -because somebody, somewhere, knows who you are.

Don't be a Walldude, think before you post.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #332 on: August 30, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »
The dealership does have a link to this thread, maybe they read about it? This thread was also part of a twitter tweet. As soon as the tweet was sent out, there was an a quick jump in "guests" viewing the thread, most likely DB's co-workers that he claimed to hate.  

These thread about Doug have been busting at the seams with guests for several days now. All of em.

As of this moment:

7 Guests are viewing this topic
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #333 on: August 30, 2013, 08:36:30 PM »
Well, in the absence of the brain-damaged primitive, whose going was rather, uh, abrupt, there probably wasn't time to get a new systems administrator hired yet.  It's possible that someone on the staff who has at least rudimentary knowledge of web-sites is filling in for the moment.

And one can't expect perfection from an amateur.

I'm surprised nobody thought of that possibility yesterday; I did.
Well, actually , some of the photos were stretched out of proportion when we first saw the site, while our buddy Doug was the "sysadmin".

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #334 on: August 30, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »
Well, actually , some of the photos were stretched out of proportion when we first saw the site, while our buddy Doug was the "sysadmin".

I don't think DUmbass Doug has gone anywhere.  If he had been shitcanned, he would have been whining his Wilford Brimley looking ass off on DU.  I think he removed his own photo to see what we'd say.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
I don't think DUmbass Doug has gone anywhere.  If he had been shitcanned, he would have been whining his Wilford Brimley looking ass off on DU.  I think he removed his own photo to see what we'd say.
You may be right, but he sure has generated a lot of traffic here.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been the best week of his career as a computer wizard.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2013, 04:16:28 AM »

Hard to tell. Maybe he was given a small severance package and forced into a confidentiality agreement?

Maybe he was given a second chance with his only option to never post about work again on the internet?

Maybe he was fired and the dealership made it clear if he spoke of the termination online, they would seek legal action?

If he was fired for theft of company property, I'm not sure that he would qualify for unemployment. He might be SOL.

The dealership should be thankful that hundreds of conservatives are looking out for their best interests.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #337 on: August 31, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
Seems likely to me at this point. I also suspect that if DB didn't manage to end up WallDUded, he would have been back on DU flipping us all the proverbial bird and making idle threats about 'actionable' things. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm coming over to your side here.  Yeah, he got the axe, because he ain't over there bragging about . . . But, waaaait a sec.  Maybe he didn't get the blade coming down, was told to stay the **** off the Net, and a sock will soon brag that he didn't get fired.

Naaah.  He's gone, IMO.  H5, miskie.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2013, 05:36:32 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I'm coming over to your side here.  Yeah, he got the axe, because he ain't over there bragging about . . . But, waaaait a sec.  Maybe he didn't get the blade coming down, was told to stay the **** off the Net, and a sock will soon brag that he didn't get fired.

Naaah.  He's gone, IMO.  H5, miskie.

I also suspect what killed his employment (assuming it has been killed) wasn't the act of hiding the remote which could fall under 'harmless prank' - but the way he badmouthed his "idiot" coworkers who "will believe anything he says".

Little pranks happen in workplaces all the time. People then laugh it off and get back to business- but DB went beyond that with the insults.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #339 on: August 31, 2013, 06:27:50 AM »
As I stated earlier my feeling is that he got shit canned. That is, he is forced into an early, unplanned retirement with pension.  He won't post it at the DUmp. He will deprive us of the satisfaction of knowing that we're responsible for his early retirement. Look for an announcement in a few weeks from Dougie saying he's tired of working and that he's calling it quits.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2013, 06:29:42 AM »
I also suspect what killed his employment (assuming it has been killed) wasn't the act of hiding the remote which could fall under 'harmless prank' - but the way he badmouthed his "idiot" coworkers who "will believe anything he says".

Little pranks happen in workplaces all the time. People then laugh it off and get back to business- but DB went beyond that with the insults.

Yeah, and that he's probably done stuff that he never bragged about on the internet, or stuff that couldn't be documented.  I have a suspicion this was just a final straw.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #341 on: August 31, 2013, 06:42:28 AM »
As I stated earlier my feeling is that he got shit canned. That is, he is forced into an early, unplanned retirement with pension.  He won't post it at the DUmp. He will deprive us of the satisfaction of knowing that we're responsible for his early retirement. Look for an announcement in a few weeks from Dougie saying he's tired of working and that he's calling it quits.

He should be eligible to draw early social security benefits. He just won't have Medicare. Obama will take care of him.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #342 on: August 31, 2013, 07:14:30 AM »
Yeah, and that he's probably done stuff that he never bragged about on the internet, or stuff that couldn't be documented.  I have a suspicion this was just a final straw.
Bingo!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »

I bet that being the ass he is his co workers had no love for him either.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:33 AM »
I bet that being the ass he is his co workers had no love for him either.

You know, I'm kindly inclined towards automotive mechanics, no matter any negative personal characteristics about them.  They might be grouchy or unsociable or thugs or really nasty (although only very few are), but they know their stuff (which I don't know), and they're usually a Hell of a lot brighter than I am on other subjects too.

So I kiss their asses, and it doesn't hurt to do it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02:09 AM »
Okay, so the business partner showed up here to spend the Labor Day holiday watching the hippies; he lives halfway across Nebraska from me, about mid-point between franksolich in the eastern foothills of the Sandhills, and dutch508 in the western foothills of the Sandhills.  We're talking quite a lot of distance here.

The business partner is a partner in an automotive dealership (Ford), but that has nothing to do with me; our business is something else.

He read this thread, and GOBUCKS' thread, last night.

He says if his dealership had someone like walrus-face on the payroll, problems would've surfaced years ago, and he would've sent that person to a Dale Carnegie seminar on how to win friends and influence people, and then required him to read--making book reports on what he'd read--Emily Post or Amy Vanderbilt.

Proper etiquette after all is a great deal more than which fork to use or how to fold a napkin; it's more about simply getting along with other people.

He bets walrus-face was probably fired on his ass, again like myself thinking there was a lot more going on than just his hanging around Skins's island bad-mouthing people, but this final straw was something that could be documented thoroughly.

He said "kudos" to his fellow automotive dealership in New Jersey, if that's what they did.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »
Without a doubt one of our top 5 moments if DB got the axe.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »
As I stated earlier my feeling is that he got shit canned. That is, he is forced into an early, unplanned retirement with pension. 
Pension? He can get a few hundred bucks a month from Social Security - he's old enough - and he'll probably get a shyster to pursue disability. He's missing about a quart of brain tissue, so maybe he'll get a little for that. But I doubt he'll ever see a dime from the hyphenated lady who owns Gearhart Chevy or from Government Motors.

Offline Dori

« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »
Pension? He can get a few hundred bucks a month from Social Security - he's old enough - and he'll probably get a shyster to pursue disability. He's missing about a quart of brain tissue, so maybe he'll get a little for that. But I doubt he'll ever see a dime from the hyphenated lady who owns Gearhart Chevy or from Government Motors.

Are they unionized?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
Are they unionized?
A dealership front office staff?