Author Topic: Is anyone seeing ANY Mitt yard signs and bumper stickers?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Is anyone seeing ANY Mitt yard signs and bumper stickers?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 06:20:23 PM »
We have a winner!

On a side note...I love your avatar. I watch Ancient Aliens just to see what that fellow will say next.

Thanks! I watch it for amusement, but I do learn a lot about ancient mythologies and actual historical events.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »
I wouldn't put one up in my neighborhood.  Probably get my house burnt down (right after they stole both my cars).

Most of my neighbors wouldn't care, but unfortunately I'd be opening myself up to vandalism or worse.  My backyard is adjacent to a union hall.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »
It won't happen.  The American Narcissus President Obama would have to admit that he needs help--the help that only Bill and Hillary Clinton can provide.   He still thinks that he's going to win, and by a landslide, without their help.  So, Slow Joe Biden will remain on the ticket.

He is quite an egomaniac isn't he? I can't wait to see the look on his face when he loses.

Joe "Bite Me" is 0bama's life insurance policy, no one would dare harm 0bama and make Joe the POTUS.  :-)

Lord help us if Biden is ever made President. He has said that he planning on running in 2016. I wonder how that will turn out.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
I would never put a bumper sticker of any kind on my car and I have only seen local yard signs so far.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »
Most of my neighbors wouldn't care, but unfortunately I'd be opening myself up to vandalism or worse.  My backyard is adjacent to a union hall.
Please specify which yard sign this refers to. If it's the proposed yardsign I'm thinking of getting, I will need to keep stats on that , for posterity.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
I would never put a bumper sticker of any kind on my car and I have only seen local yard signs so far.

I'm with ya. I don't do stickers, stick-figure families, magnetic ribbons, or suction cup things. Other than a handful of napkins I keep in the cargo net thing between the driver and passenger seats, there is very little in the way of any sort of 'stuff' in the vehicle.

a) Tire inflater.
b) Umbrella.
c) Raincoat.
d) Magnetic US Mail sign.
e) Magnetic orange hazard strobe.
f) One 'Pinky' Ball.

There are a few other things, Spare fuses, headlamps, cleaning wipes, tire plugs, and one air freshener - but they are all in the glovebox or the drawer under the passenger seat.

I keep the napkins nearby to use as tissues, or (since I have this thing about touching food) they are to wrap whatever I may be eating.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 11:54:03 PM »
^Don't forget your first aid kit.

edited to indicate possessive.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:59:09 PM by obumazombie »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »
^Don't forget you first aid kit.

You're right. Thats under the driver's seat. I should go through it. I suspect the band-aids need replacing - dried out over years of sitting in a box during hot summers in a locked car.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 11:59:09 PM »
^Don't forget you first aid kit.
No handgun?
Don't leave home without it.  :)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 11:59:52 PM »
No handgun?
I have one of those in the first aid kit.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
No handgun?

Naaa - federal facilities have a problem with that. I can't even bring it into the parking lot. Same is true with alcohol. Once I'm on postal property, their laws supersede whatever the state may allow.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
I have one of those in the first aid kit.
Makes perfectly good sense to me.

Naaa - federal facilities have a problem with that. I can't even bring it into the parking lot. Same is true with alcohol. Once I'm on postal property, their laws supersede whatever the state may allow.
True. Not a lot you can do about that.
Not right.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »
True. Not a lot you can do about that.
Not right.

It may not be right - but it is what it is. And since the post office had an image problem in the '80s and '90s with workplace violence ( "Going Postal" ) they have vigorously enforced it at every opportunity.

For the curious - here is the law itself.

39 CFR 232.1
 Title 39 - Postal Service
 Chapter I - United States Postal Service
 Subchapter D - Organization and Administration
 Part 232 - Conduct on Postal Property
 232.1 - Conduct on Postal Property.

Paragraph L

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

BTW - 'Official purposes' essentially means the Postal Inspectors are exempted. Which is sensible. They are our MPs & CID. They don't just go after civilian mail fraud.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:22:48 AM by miskie »

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »
They don't want anyone going postal. Or anyone to stop the person going postal.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 12:29:01 AM »
I'm just thankful that the regulation makes malcontents stop and put there firearms away.
Heaven forbid they should ignore a federal regulation.
Miskie, I really don't know what to say. Hope you understand.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »

That sucks.

We are only stopped from leaving weapons in our cars if it's a gated/secured parking lot.  There's a sign on my office building that says no weapons, alcohol, etc beyond a certain point but it's not prohibited outdoors.  There is always a lot of gun talk in the breakroom depending what time of day you go in there.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
These are being handed out to kids, to show off their friends at school.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
Romney signs yes...mostly left over from the primary. And FWIW, why would anyone be putting out huge numbers of Romney stuff because the GOP convention hasn't even been held yet.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
It occurred to me today that these bumper sticker polls really are meaningless, I have seen a whole bunch of Ron Paul bumper stickers and Romney still won the primary race here in FL.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
It occurred to me today that these bumper sticker polls really are meaningless, I have seen a whole bunch of Ron Paul bumper stickers and Romney still won the primary race here in FL.

I still see Ron Paul stickers--and yard signs--away from Albany.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »

Indeed -

I see them everywhere. If Bumper stickers are indicative of elections, Ron Paul not only wins the Republican nomination, he wins the Democratic one as well.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
I do a lot of traveling both in my regular job and in my duties as a fictional spirit-guide. I have seen no 0 signs and only one 0 bumpersticker.

Unfortunately, I live and work near 2 college towns, and both O and Ron Paul signs and stickers are everywhere!   :argh:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.