Author Topic: We can easily defeat covid-19 without a vaccine. Easily.  (Read 598 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
We can easily defeat covid-19 without a vaccine. Easily.
« on: August 29, 2020, 04:35:23 PM »
Star Member Yavin4 (30,145 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213992353

We can easily defeat covid-19 without a vaccine. Easily.

The virus cannot live unless it's in a human host. It doesn't live on counter tops. It doesn't live in fresh air. It's not on the floors, etc. It needs a human host, and by denying it such hosts, it dies. It goes away.

Thus, the path to defeating the virus is through managing social behavior:

- Lockdowns
- Social distancing
- Wearing masks outside of your homes
- Washing your hands
- Provide people with economic assistance so that they don't have to work
- Pay essential workers bonuses

- And most importantly, massive testing. Tests to see that the virus is suppressed to a certain level. Once it reaches that level, then open things up slowly. If there are outbreaks, close it back down again. Contact trace and suppress the spread.

Do this for certain amount of time, and the virus will disappear eventually on its own.

What proof do I have? See NY state. We had it worse than any other state in March and April. By following the steps above, our positivity rate has gone down to 1% as our testing has increased. IOW, it's become manageable. Soon, it may be gone entirely.

Other countries have done the same. See Canada for example. They've been able to suppress the virus. Soon, it will be gone entirely from that nation.

But in the U.S., the needs of our corporate overlords always come first and foremost. If we can't put them on hold for a few months, then we're done as a nation.

What if another nation was posed to invade us and it was in the interest of our corporate overlords to allow them to occupy us. Our stock market would triple in value if this nation occupied us and strip us of all of our rights. Would we lay down our defenses?

:whatever:

Star Member SWBTATTReg (12,441 posts)

3. Until we know for sure that the multiple vaccines being developed will work on the CV, we ...

really have no choice but to, as you say very well in your article, defeat the CV w/o a vaccine. Very good summary / analysis of what it is going to take to defeat this virus.

One other thing, that I think will be important, is that severe penalties must be imposed should people fail to wear masks/fail to socially distance themselves/fail to take appropriate measures to prevent the continuing spread of the CV, otherwise, the loudmouths and ignorant a&&holes that feel like their rights are being trampled on will continue to spread the CV, and we'll start up this whole nightmare again.

I know that some feel like their rights are being trampled on, but I never hear the other side of the coin, what about the rights of everyone surrounding these idiots refusing to wear masks etc., who do wear masks, who do socially distance themselves, etc.?

I think that we'll see parts of this 'virus suppression plan' you've outlined so well here, implemented in bits and pieces throughout the USA, but until we get a national plan, and get everyone working together as one, this won't succeed 100% and the outbreaks will continue. With trump in the picture, an implementation of any plan to defeat this virus will NEVER HAPPEN. trump wants death to visit the USA simply to support, in his fevered mind, his election efforts. A disgusting human being that I truly hope gets sick and die, and suffer as so many have / are today in the USA. The republican party has a lot to answer for too. When the unneeded deaths of so many Americans is part of one's election plan (all of the CV deaths are happening in "'blue' cities, so ignore!", murder charges need to be filed against everyone of these a&&holes and pursued to the ends of the Earth.

:mental:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: We can easily defeat covid-19 without a vaccine. Easily.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 05:04:22 PM »
Well, hypothetically, if the entire 7B+ population of the Earth self-isolated for 3 months or 6 months or ?? and yada, yada, yada, maybe. In the real world, Star Moron Yavin4 is posting moronicity.

That said, (s)he's trying out a talking point to try when one or more vaccines are approved, probably in October (and at least 1 or 2 others by the end of the year) At least (s)he isn't trying the Untested Trump Vaccine narrative. Maybe Star Moron Yavin4 knows "untested" is an easily refuted lie.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
I love how they tout New York as some kind of ‘win’. They killed more people than any other state. They don’t want to talk about that though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »
I love how they tout New York as some kind of ‘win’. They killed more people than any other state. They don’t want to talk about that though.

KC
At this point, I'm not sure I can attribute their claims about New York's "success" to stupidity. They're just cold-bloodedly lying. And their assessment fails to take into account that New York hasn't even fully reopened yet.

Places in Europe are seeing spikes, and they aren't going into lockdown.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 06:50:25 PM »
We can’t stay locked down in perpetuity. It’s not a consideration. If nothing is running where do they think the money to pay the unemployed comes from?  They bitch about the payroll tax cuts, yet have zero problem having NO paychecks!  Liberals are idiots when it comes to money.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »
If only the yavin4 primitive were prez then C19 would be easily defeated and we could all dance around the maypole together before reporting back to our labor camps.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 09:23:48 AM »
My thinking on lockdowns has evolved some (just speaking openly). I am very aware of and have considered the "safety" argument, but right now I think at most a 2-4 week partial shutdown to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed might have been appropriate in some cities and counties, but much more than that simply delayed the natural development of "herd immunity". China went the total-shutdown-for-a-month and since then has suffered major re-import outbreaks. IMO, a significant part of China's re-import outbreak problem is that they prevented the development of "herd immunity".

This coronavirus will never go out of circulation. And the Covid-19 virus is, IIRC, the third, not the first, modern crossover of a corona virus from animals to humans (SARS and MERS were corona viruses). As such, herd immunity from people recovering (many not knowing they had it) and from vaccines are how the Covid-19 corona virus will be controlled. The other reason a Covid-19 vaccine is important is that having gone through the development, testing, and release process this first time (vaccines for SARS and MERS did not go through the full process) will make developing future vaccines for future corona virus variant outbreaks less difficult.

DUmmies do not "get" that the real world is bigger and more complex than how they imagine the world should work. It's one of many variants of the Karl Marx Virus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 10:25:18 AM »
Thus, the path to defeating the virus is through managing social behavior:

- Lockdowns
- Social distancing
- Wearing masks outside of your homes
- Washing your hands
- Provide people with economic assistance so that they don't have to work
- Pay essential workers bonuses

sounds like this DUmmy is all in on hiden with biden
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020