Author Topic: We are letting Trump frame the debate!  (Read 407 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
We are letting Trump frame the debate!
« on: August 29, 2020, 04:31:17 PM »
tableturner (1,260 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213993553

We are letting Trump frame the debate!

"I built the pre-pandemic great economy, which only I can fix, and only I can end the civil unrest caused by the Democrats." Those are the messages we are allowing to be set in the minds of swing voters, thanks to our lack of aggression in killing them.

We have for years passively let Trump take credit for the previously strong economy, when the facts have clearly shown that he has merely ridden the coat tails of the Obama/Biden recovery. We started fighting back a bit more aggressively as of late, but we should never have let it happen at all. And unfortunately, we STILL are not fighting back hard enough. The same could be said about our relatively meek response to Trump's lies about civil unrest.

I expect that some of you will scold me for being negative, and I also expect to be told that we have a bunch of highly paid experts running Biden's campaign who will handle things correctly. I heard that four years ago. I heard that when Kerry was swift-boated, leading to our side saying "We will not glorify that nonsense with a response!" While we were "not glorifying that nonsense with a response", the issue was being settled in Bush's favor in the minds of swing voters.

I also expect that we will not put an end to the sabotaging of the USPS before the election, either. They are ropa-doping that issue until it's too late, while we are complaining and holding hearings, and the mail slowdown continues. If a Democratic president had done this, our Postmaster General would already have been indicted by multiple states' Republican attorneys general for interfering with the mail.

And now....why are our surrogates not out there telling the truth with the same ferocity and frequency as Trump and crew are telling their lies? Why is the Biden campaign reportedly waiting until after Labor Day to be fully activated? Why do we repeatedly let them walk all over us with lies that would be easily defeated if we aggressively and quickly responded? Why?

:whatever:

Star Member The Velveteen Ocelot (86,794 posts)

1. Are you not paying attention at all?

:rotf:

beachbumbob (5,676 posts)

4. you act like 60% of america likes trump? Its the other way around, 60% KNOW trump is a liar

so what big offset are you looking for? The media role now i do all they can to lessen the upcoming biden landslide

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mponti (159 posts)

5. You're right

I’m not hearing a coherent rebuttal to Trump’s economic message.

Polls shows Trump beating Biden by wide margin on managing the economy.

Trump’s walking all over the Biden campaign on economic messaging

Democracy2020 (21 posts)

9. Time to announce the Cabinet ...

Biden should name his Cabinet one at a time between now and the election. Allows each of them to join their voices and clarity of purpose.

Star Member TheBlackAdder (17,113 posts)

15. Biden should drop a new Cabinet pick each week to keep the news cycle on him some more.

Each person packaged and framed to defuse or negate some of the possible GOP critiques.

An all-out formal presentation process, where daily comments showcase each week's pick and contrast them with Dumps.

:yawn:

Star Member ancianita (18,324 posts)

22. Maybe. One at a time might give press PR that can dissolve 45's lies and improve voter confidence

in the entire party package.

Especially if they're former primary candidates. But to the GOP, even one might provide all the more fodder for dividing youth voters. I

OTOH, I'd err on the side of not giving the GOP any other focus but Biden.

He can take anything they put out. The GOTV needs to feel unified, not distracted.

Star Member elleng (99,522 posts)

24. Here's SOMETHING:Harris offered a Florida-specific piece of messaging,

saying President Donald Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis “have failed to manage the coronavirus.” Beyond that blast, however, most of the messaging was big picture, alternating statistics about how Hispanic businesses, “the lifeblood of the communities,” are suffering with road-tested lines contrasting the Biden and Trump tickets.

Harris said these roundtables would happen elsewhere in the country, combating “suppression and misinformation campaigns” that are designed to make “our communities confused and fearful” about voting.'

Kamala Harris, Rep. Mucarsel Powell pitch to Miami Hispanics.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142571927#post1

tableturner (1,260 posts)

26. What about fighting civil unrest blame, Trump's unfair economy credit...crickets?

Star Member kentuck (98,934 posts)

32. My suggestion:

Trump inherited a good economy (unemployment rate about 4.7% when he took over) and was able to get it down to about 3.5% before the big crash from his mishandling of the covid-19 pandemic. That was only a drop of 1.2% from the Obama numbers. And that was mostly due to the $2 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy (which was not needed) and the growth rate for Trump's first three years was less than the last three years of the Obama years. Once again, he is distorting the numbers and lying to the American people.

His "great" economy was not as great as the Obama economy he inherited. That is what the numbers tell us.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Re: We are letting Trump frame the debate!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »
Biden has to keep secret who his cabinet picks are and where he stands on issues if he wants to get elected.  Also, he can't win if he doesn't get media attention by taking stands and making newsworthy announcements.  It's a catch-22 that has the primitives in a blind panic.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »
They know.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
Quote from:
kentuck

... and the growth rate for Trump's first three years was less than the last three years of the Obama years.

GDP last 3 years of Obama: 2.5%, 2.9%, 1.6%

GDP first 3 years of Trump: 2.4%, 2.9%, 2.3%

Only in bluegrass primitive whacko world do those numbers add up to Obama doing better than Trump.

8 years of Obama: GDP averaged 1.6%
3 years of Trump: GDP averaged 2.5%

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »
1. Much as the MSM hate it, they have a choice between reporting Trump's actions and speaking or not reporting it and thus making their partisanship so obvious a 5YO would recognize it.

2. Whatever the cause - mental issues or Biden's decades-long Foot-In-Mouth Disease or ?? - Biden is an awful candidate. Using Dem Party and MSM surrogates as mouthpieces for "Biden's message" only emphasizes how incapable Biden is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.