Author Topic: Media fawning over Melania's speech Just because it was a bland speech  (Read 540 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Proud liberal 80 (1,862 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213973749

Media fawning over Melania's speech
Just because it was a bland speech that didn’t sound as crazy as other speakers at the convention and because she disingenuously talks about racial heeling. God I can’t stand the media, I will say for the millionth time, they are the reason Trump is President

:whatever:

Star Member still_one (71,992 posts)

1. It is ridiculous. She sounded like a robot, without expression. The media is so full of themselves

They hold these thugs to such a low standard, compared to the Democrats

That is what they have been doing for some time now, every since the phrase "liberal media" was used.

There are very few journalists anymore

Star Member Cha (258,797 posts)

3. yes the US media had a big hand in getting trump Rigged into the WH.. plenty of others have blood on their hands too.

The media is our enemy.. they're so gd lazy and manipulative.

Star Member brooklynite (63,102 posts)

4. My wife agrees it was a good speech...so does her mother.

From a political perspective, it was jarring because it was so out of place with everything else, but it WAS a good speech; it presented empathy both for COVID and racial justice and took a personal rather than political tone.

Star Member Proud liberal 80 (1,862 posts)

6. But

it presented empathy both for COVID and racial justice and took a personal rather than political tone.

But heres the thing, she doesn’t really give a shit.

Star Member BKDem (864 posts)

23. It's all a ****ing lie.

She doesn't give a shit.

He doesn't give a shit.

And neither has any problem lying about it.

But what else can they do? Tell the truth? That's not an option.

NewJeffCT (56,099 posts)

18. If you were in a coma the last 12 years

and woke up a few hours before & saw Melania's speech, you would think it was pretty good. However, she is a racist Birther and is married to the world's biggest liar, baby and bully. So, it's all about context.

Star Member Hugin (24,834 posts)

5. They think they need their horse race.

When the real story is how thoroughly the Crockwork Orange is getting his ample buttocks kicked.

They always only see the real story in the rear view mirror.

It's intellectual laziness.

Star Member madaboutharry (33,529 posts)

10. FWIW, Joe Scarborugh just said it was shameful.

He said she had no standing to lecture Americans about gossip and social media, calling out Trump's malignant and cruel use of social media to hurt people.

snowybirdie (2,251 posts)

15. It was terrible

Disjointed talking points with no depth of analysis or solutions at all. She coldly read it with no desire to connect with the people. Went on too long and her accent was distracting. Audience were not distancing nor wearing masks. The big long walk down the corridor looked way too staged, and her outfit was downright ugly. Poopy brown, military style. But other than that, she didn't trip or faint.

:whatever:

Star Member zeusdogmom (419 posts)

20. I watched it

She read the teleprompter well, it didn't seemed to be plagerized. But so bland - have no memory of what she said - and no I wasn't drinking. 😁. I was somewhat distracted by her costume - a sad design with poor fabric choice. Wait - I do remember she said - she wanted a career in the fashion world. Easy to see why that didn't work out especially well.... no fashion sense. As my grandma used to say - can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

We should probably move forward to something of substance. Melanie's forced blatherings are not worth the energy. We need to focus everything on beating Trump like a drum in November. And making sure the House and Senate are solidly in the D column.

Stay safe everyone. Lots of ugly stuff around us.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mary Ann

Re: Media fawning over Melania's speech Just because it was a bland speech
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 08:47:52 AM »

1. It is ridiculous. She sounded like a robot, without expression. The media is so full of themselves

They hold these thugs to such a low standard, compared to the Democrats

That is what they have been doing for some time now, every since the phrase "liberal media" was used.

There are very few journalists anymore
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And just which journalists were "fact checking" the Dem Convention??

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »
I guess the MSM didn't condemn Melania as a Balkan Neo-Nazi, so that constitutes "fawning over" her speech. Or something like that. That much DU-hate tells me her speech must have been pretty good.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 09:48:11 AM »
It’s threads like this that clearly show just how incredibly whacko liberals are. If I was a lib, I’d be turning backflips thankful that the media completely goes out of their way to report things favorable to my ideology. But they aren’t even bright enough to appreciate that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 10:04:50 AM »
Dear Lord these people are idiots. Yeah, the media that is still pushing the “Trump called white supremacists good people” are all for helping Trump get re-elected.

Anyone who honestly does not believe liberalism is a mental illness needs to wade around the DU cesspool for awhile.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
Bette Midler Unleashes Xenophobic Tweet Storm on Melania Trump: 'She Still Can't Speak English!'

https://pjmedia.com/culture/matt-margolis/2020/08/26/bette-midler-unleashes-xenophobic-tweet-storm-on-melania-trump-she-still-cant-speak-english-n846856

Anti-Trump singer/actress Bette Midler was so triggered by first lady Melania Trump’s speech on Tuesday night that she went on a blatantly xenophobic Twitter rant.

“She can speak several words in a few languages. Get that illegal alien off the stage!” she tweeted.

1. Melania entered the US legally, with a visa.

2. Melania did not do paid work in the US until she had a visa allowing her to do so.

3. Melania is a naturalized citizen of the US.

4. Q/ Why isn't Bette Midler washed up? A/ She doesn't wash. :rimshot:  :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:50:50 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »
Bette Midler Unleashes Xenophobic Tweet Storm on Melania Trump: 'She Still Can't Speak English!'

quick question:  How many languages is bette midler fluent in?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 05:23:49 PM »

1. It is ridiculous. She sounded like a robot, without expression. When someone is speaking in a non-native language, they usually don't convey as much emotion, because they are concentrating on saying the words right. The media is so full of themselves

They hold these thugs to such a low standard, compared to the Democrat.  Joe "The Ra_ist Biden's speech was considered a huge success because he didn't snort anyone's hair. Low bar indeed.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »
They seem to have forgotten about the media fawning over some "toned" arms attached to a first lady.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)