Author Topic: It will be interesting to see the ratings for day two of the RNC.  (Read 355 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member NanceGreggs (25,732 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213971371

It will be interesting to see ...
... the ratings for day two of the RNC. I wonder how many Trump-humpers who watched last night's yawnfest won't bother to tune-in tonight.

RNC 2020 opening night ratings on C-SPAN blow away DNC viewership

Last week’s 2020 Democratic National Convention tanked in the Nielsen ratings compared to the 2016 opening festivities where Hillary Clinton was crowned the nation’s first female presidential nominee.

Viewership was down as much as 42 percent on the broadcast networks CBS, NBC and ABC.

Most of the networks, including Fox, ABC and CNN, still averaged 18.68 million viewers, but that was a 28 percent plunge from the opening night of the 2016 DNC.

Fox News Scored 11% More Viewers for First Night of GOP Convention Compared to 2016

Not only did Fox News pull in the biggest audience for the first night of the Republican National Convention on Monday, but the network scored more viewers than it did four years ago for the opening of the 2016 event.

According to Nielsen Media Research data, Fox News averaged 7.063 million total viewers from 10 p.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET, an 11% jump from 2016, when it brought in 6.348 million viewers for the opening night of the RNC that first nominated Donald Trump to be president.

Those numbers dwarfed the cable news competition as CNN had just over 2 million average total viewers and MSNBC — which had dominated in the ratings of last week’s Democratic National Convention — averaged only 1.57 million.

Star Member The Wizard (10,669 posts)

5. They love the propaganda

that makes them victims while having someone to look down on. Brain poisoning and zombified to go along with Dear Leader. Not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

Star Member NanceGreggs (25,732 posts)

6. The Trumpsters who post on another site I read admit that they never watch his speeches, press briefings, SOTU addresses, etc., because they find all that 'political stuff' boring.

I figure they'd watch the convention because they're traditionally meant to be exciting, full of celebrities, everyone in a celebratory mood.

Well, they certainly didn't get that last night. That's why I wonder how many will tune-in again.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: It will be interesting to see the ratings for day two of the RNC.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:27:22 PM »
They are pissing their pants in terror. It’s glorious!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen