Author Topic: Paging Agent Mike!  (Read 410 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Paging Agent Mike!
« on: August 25, 2020, 01:08:40 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213968720

Cyrano (12,366 posts)

Their are three ways to oust a president. We need a fourth.

1. Vote him/her out of office.

2. Impeachment in the house and conviction in the senate.

3. The 25th Amendment to the Constitution.

We've found that options 2 and 3 are virtually useless in today's circumstance. Will option 1 succeed given that we have a beast in office who will do anything and everything possible to steal the election? We'll see.

But even assuming that we succeed in voting this creature out of office, we have seen that even elections offer us no certainty in ridding ourselves of a monster.

"In order to form a more perfect union," we need a fourth alternative.

What should it be? I don't know. Perhaps a panel of a dozen American Nobel Prize recipients who, by some predetermined means, can step in, debate the issues and reach a decision on whether or not a president is fit to retain office. But something even remotely like that would probably require a constitutional amendment which would have little chance of passing.

In the meantime, were this president to steal another term, or a future president like him to come along, we'd be so, so ****ed. And that's why I state that we need a fourth option to rid ourselves of such a possibility.

Suggestions?

(On edit: I see a few posts that have hinted at the obvious. "Hinted," because they don't want a visit from the Secret Service. So let me say this. This is NOT a fourth option. This is DU. We are Democrats. That's not who we are. That's not what we are. Please, don't even joke about it. And if that sounds a bit too pious, let me quote Obama. -- When they go low, we go high.)
They think they are being so clever and subtle!
Ron Green (9,084 posts)

2. The 16th, 20th, 25th and 35th were ousted the fourth way. n/t

Star Member samnsara (12,266 posts)

4. Hamilton has a way...

Star Member samnsara (12,266 posts)

3. yes but id get kicked out of DU again...

Star Member AmyStrange (5,432 posts)

6. My thoughts exactly!

-

Definitely not while they're doing the dishes, because they're smart enough to wait until...

"Honey, I'm finished."

"BANG!"

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Paging Agent Mike!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 01:24:08 PM »
Cyrano (12,366 posts)

Their are three ways to oust a president. We need a fourth.

1. Vote him/her out of office.

2. Impeachment in the house and conviction in the senate.

3. The 25th Amendment to the Constitution.

We've found that options 2 and 3 are virtually useless in today's circumstance. Will option 1 succeed given that we have a beast in office who will do anything and everything possible to steal the election? We'll see.

But even assuming that we succeed in voting this creature out of office, we have seen that even elections offer us no certainty in ridding ourselves of a monster.

"In order to form a more perfect union," we need a fourth alternative.

What should it be? I don't know. Perhaps a panel of a dozen American Nobel Prize recipients who, by some predetermined means, can step in, debate the issues and reach a decision on whether or not a president is fit to retain office. But something even remotely like that would probably require a constitutional amendment which would have little chance of passing.

In the meantime, were this president to steal another term, or a future president like him to come along, we'd be so, so ****ed. And that's why I state that we need a fourth option to rid ourselves of such a possibility.

Suggestions?

(On edit: I see a few posts that have hinted at the obvious. "Hinted," because they don't want a visit from the Secret Service. So let me say this. This is NOT a fourth option. This is DU. We are Democrats. That's not who we are. That's not what we are. Please, don't even joke about it. And if that sounds a bit too pious, let me quote Obama. -- When they go low, we go high.)

I am trying to keep up with the latest outrage here but I thought this type of speak was verboten in DUmmie land?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Delmar

Re: Paging Agent Mike!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »

Suggestions?

Round up a bunch of celebrity singers and actors--ideally including someone who has played the president on TV--and have them make a video.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden