Author Topic: DU_gilist Bouncy  (Read 644 times)

Offline zeitgeist

DU_gilist Bouncy
« on: August 24, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
A DUgilist pugilist bouncy.

I think it is time to re-evaluate bouncy grading.  The classic bouncies are few and far between but some of the  latter day bouncies deserve honorable mention.   

Opps...forgot the link...my bad....  https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100213958523

GulfCoast66 (9,594 posts)

Shut a trumper today. And it felt good. Even my wife of 33 years was impressed.
We went to Breweries in Sanford Florida with a good friend. She is the only one inside our ‘bubble’. Works with the wife although from home 4/5 days.

Anyway we are at the bar with just the masked young, cute bartender and one other customer 15 feet away who was young and obviously flirting with the bartender. Nothing inappropriate. Believe me it was safe. When another middle aged couple came in. Heavyish woman and the man way probably a little bigger than me. They had hardly been there 5 minutes when he said this whole virus will disappear in November. His wife said there may be Democrats in here so be careful. 6 months ago I would have not said a word, but no more. I told him there are 3 democrats Right here and I came to drink beer, not listen to bullshit. He shut his pie hole right up. Told him we can agree about good beer if he wants and he was all about that. We left shortly thereafter as we had another brewery to visit.

As we walked away my wife asked me what was that about. Told here I was not going to sit there and listen to a bunch of republican bullshit. Then told her, verbatim ‘they are ****ing cowards. Unless they outnumber us they clam right up.”

Won’t change his mind. But now he knows not to assume that guys who look like him welcome his bullshit.

54 replies, 9979 views

I am going out on a limb here and giving this two bongs and a half. I guess it could also rate a C+  at 2.5 on the traditional 4.0 scale.

Star Member OAITW r.2.0 (3,863 posts)

9. Good for you! I am on my laptop now, so I can comment on a very important observation you make.

(I read DU on the phone, but my texting skills suck.)

‘they are ****ing cowards. Unless they outnumber us they clam right up.”

That's it in a nutshell. They talk loud, but say nothing. They argue on a emotional, nonfactual basis. When you challenge their fallacies with facts, they don't know how to respond. Especially when you engage calmly and determinedly.

The only time you lose is when they outnumber you 4 or 5 to 1. Then you get all of them shouting easily refuted lies at the same time - a team building experience for them - and, so - at that point - is it worth engaging further? I don't.

Kind of like where the German people were, when Hitler came to power. That ended well.....

om edit: Our best strategy is to engage at the 1-to-1 level and educate them.

Uh huh.  Hold my beer and watch this....

Response to GulfCoast66 (Original post)Sun Aug 23, 2020, 07:52 PM
Star Member cwydro (38,296 posts)

10. You sure are braver than I.

Can’t imagine going out for beers during this time.

And my state is not near the hotspot Florida is.

I have heard people who drink inhabitions get lower as time goes on.   

Response to cwydro (Reply #10)Sun Aug 23, 2020, 08:02 PM
Star Member GulfCoast66 (9,594 posts)

14. Our breweries are doing a great job.

Realize most of the are not like Bars. Few people go to get drunk. It’s a sedate crowd.

Everyone wears masks to enter and the ones I frequent have us sitting over 10 feet apart. Everyone wears masks until their beers arrive. And moving between groups or moving tables is strictly prohibited. If you get up to go to the bathroom you have to wear masks. And many have outdoor seating.

I was reluctant to return because the horror story about bars. But the breweries are under a lot of scrutiny and are being pretty draconian about enforcing the rules.

If the things Fauci says are to believed this is how we can have a safe, functional economy. I feel safer than at the grocery where I pass close to strangers.

I am too,  based on all the DU horror stories I have read  :cheersmate:

Response to GulfCoast66 (Reply #14)Sun Aug 23, 2020, 08:10 PM

18. I had a bout with the virus at the beginning of August.

Not been out of my house/yard except for an occasional grocery run since the pandemic began. You couldn’t pay me to go into a public restroom.

I had a “mild” case according to my doctor. Sickest I’ve ever been.

Temps ranged from 100 at the onset to four days of temps of 102 to 104. Headaches, body aches beyond belief. Sweated through my sheets three nights in a row. Chills so bad I cranked the ac into the 80s. The worst thing was the fear that it might worsen.

Again, you’re braver than I.

How many rounds to this bout?  Apparently it was a light weight card.

Response to cwydro (Reply #18)Sun Aug 23, 2020, 08:21 PM

21. Wow! So glad you recovered. Does that mean you now have antibodies and are immune?

I figure we all might get it, but if everyone takes the recommendation seriously our chances are reduced. But not eliminated, of course.

Stay well.

Death is stakling every living thing. Dwell on that DUmmie. Dwell on that.

Response to cwydro (Reply #18)Mon Aug 24, 2020, 12:04 AM
Star Member Tess49 (1,383 posts)

37. Any idea how you got it?

You must name names!! 

Response to Tess49 (Reply #37)Mon Aug 24, 2020, 04:33 PM

53. No. I've stayed home since the lockdown.

Picked up my groceries except for one time about ten days before I got sick. I stopped in to get cat food.

Numerous idiots without masks that day, crowded and no one social distancing. Was so freaked I even took a shower when I came home, but it had to be that day.

It’s a damn nasty virus, just awful.

I am going to start with psycho_ and let the gallery fill in the rest if need be.

19. Never gave a thought to safety. Not my style.

He was not going to do anything. And had he I remember a lesson my dad gave me after my last real fight at 14 ending with my opponent battered and me with a broken hand.

Once you are an adult you should never get into a fight. But if you a victim of assault and battery pick up the heaviest thing you can find and defend yourself upside their head. I’ve only had to do that one time in my life.

Let's review:  Assault with a deadly weapon.  Hum, I wonder what that means?  T 

Response to GulfCoast66 (Reply #19)Sun Aug 23, 2020, 08:57 PM
Star Member Liyron (5,191 posts)

25. Broken hand? Me too and also at age 14!

Well fractured actually, fractured metacarpal. Very common among boxers I was told.

I had to go to the doctor and get a cast and wear that damn thing for 8 weeks but I "won" the fight because he was a bloody mess and I remained pretty much untouched.

When it comes to fights, they're a lot like wars as far as "winning" goes. 

I believe the DA will have a somewhat different opinion at your trial. 

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:09:20 PM by zeitgeist »
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: DU_gilist Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »
Star Member Tess49 (1,383 posts)

37. Any idea how you got it?

Response to Tess49 (Reply #37)Mon Aug 24, 2020, 04:33 PM

:thatsright: That is where most people get it.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
First of all, I don't believe it happened. But, I'll play along.

Second, how could this...

Quote from:
They had hardly been there 5 minutes when he said this whole virus will disappear in November.

.... in any way be construed to be a slight to Dems (except that they're always looking for something to be upset about) when it's just a general opinion? That answer comes after reading the next part.

His wife's reaction of "there may be Democrats in here so be careful" was a gentle reminder not to trigger any snowflakes who might be within earshot. Yes, it's 90+ degrees in FL but we still have plenty of snowflakes.

GulfCoast66 <----------- snowflake

Sounds like the GulfCoast66 primitive is wound a little too tight.

And then there's this.

Quote from:
cwydro

Picked up my groceries except for one time about ten days before I got sick. I stopped in to get cat food.

Numerous idiots without masks that day, crowded and no one social distancing.

But were YOU social distancing and wearing a mask? If so, then according to everything your Dem leaders would have us believe, you should have been safe. If not, why not? And don't give me the excuse you had people enter your 6 foot zone. That's up to you to be mature enough to take the responsibility and maintain the distance. Did you? If not, sounds like you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, seeing that you maintained 6 foot distance at all times and wore a mask, as I'm confident you obeyed your overlords, and yet you got it anyway, shouldn't that set some alarm bells off in your tiny little head that maybe you're being lied to, primitive?

Oops! My bad. Forgot, you libs don't do "thinking".

« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:21:34 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 05:56:44 PM »
Read an article today that said 56 people got the Rona at a Starbucks in Korea. The article stated that NONE of the Starbucks employees tested positive and they attributed it to all of them wearing masks!!

That made me very happy to read. I’ve been reading ask the dumb shit about wearing your mask to protect others, not yourself. Korea just proved the mask is for the wearer.

I’m going to print that article out and hand it to the next person who tells me that I should wear a mask to protect others.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »
They had hardly been there 5 minutes when he said this whole virus will disappear in November.

The DUmmy wasn't clear if the comment about the virus going away in November was directed to everyone in the bar or a private conversation with his wife that the DUmmy inserted hisself into.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 06:22:12 PM »
The DUmmy wasn't clear if the comment about the virus going away in November was directed to everyone in the bar or a private conversation with his wife that the DUmmy inserted hisself into.

I suspect most or all of the :bouncy: is fictional, but if the guy actually said that, it would have been to his wife because normal people don't walk into a joint and holler out random political commentary like that. So GulfCoast66 rudely shoved his nose into a private conversation because he can't handle opinions different from his being heard.

ETA: This pretty much proves that if the guy actually said what the DU OPer claimed, it was said to his wife and not to the whole room:

... His wife said there may be Democrats in here so be careful. ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:53:41 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 07:19:26 AM »
First of all, I don't believe it happened. But, I'll play along.

Second, how could this...

.... in any way be construed to be a slight to Dems (except that they're always looking for something to be upset about) when it's just a general opinion? That answer comes after reading the next part.

His wife's reaction of "there may be Democrats in here so be careful" was a gentle reminder not to trigger any snowflakes who might be within earshot. Yes, it's 90+ degrees in FL but we still have plenty of snowflakes.

GulfCoast66 <----------- snowflake

Sounds like the GulfCoast66 primitive is wound a little too tight.

And then there's this.

But were YOU social distancing and wearing a mask? If so, then according to everything your Dem leaders would have us believe, you should have been safe. If not, why not? And don't give me the excuse you had people enter your 6 foot zone. That's up to you to be mature enough to take the responsibility and maintain the distance. Did you? If not, sounds like you have no one to blame but yourself.

Also, seeing that you maintained 6 foot distance at all times and wore a mask, as I'm confident you obeyed your overlords, and yet you got it anyway, shouldn't that set some alarm bells off in your tiny little head that maybe you're being lied to, primitive?

Oops! My bad. Forgot, you libs don't do "thinking".

I wonder if this DUmmies mask consisted of a dew rag loosely tied around his neck?  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
They are ****ing cowards. Unless they outnumber us they clam right up.”
And when you show leftists an article or video that would contradict something they believe, they go "I'm not gonna read/watch that!"

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »
And when you show leftists an article or video that would contradict something they believe, they go "I'm not gonna read/watch that!"

Either that OR; that’s been thoroughly debunked, while providing no proof and telling you to do your own research.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen