Author Topic: Athletes legacy?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Athletes legacy?
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »
Mods feel free to move it you feel like it.

I have been watching the Olympics and I noticed it seems like a lot of the athletes have had parents in the same sport in which they compete.  I wonder why the DUmmies don't demand they 'share' the wealth of athleticism?

DUmmies .... you have the floor!  If the estate tax is such a good idea why don't we demand these gifted folks share what they have been given by their parents?  It only seems right.  I would love to be able to ski like some of these young folks.  Hell, I've never been snow skiiing! 

Just curious.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Athletes legacy?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »
Maybe the Olympics could be a means of doing this?  The winner of the gold has his body "redistributed" to those athletically lacking.  A deltoid to this one, an ab to that one, until everyone is equally debilitated.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:23 PM »
Mods feel free to move it you feel like it.

I have been watching the Olympics and I noticed it seems like a lot of the athletes have had parents in the same sport in which they compete.  I wonder why the DUmmies don't demand they 'share' the wealth of athleticism?

DUmmies .... you have the floor!  If the estate tax is such a good idea why don't we demand these gifted folks share what they have been given by their parents?  It only seems right.  I would love to be able to ski like some of these young folks.  Hell, I've never been snow skiiing! 

Just curious.

KC

:offtopic: you aren't to old to try!

First time I was ever on skis, I was 40.

On the other hand....the last time I was on them....I was 41. Decided I liked my knees and ankles in the condition they were in...
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:40:42 PM »
I take some of that hockey skill.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 08:47:50 PM »

:offtopic: you aren't to old to try!

First time I was ever on skis, I was 40.

On the other hand....the last time I was on them....I was 41. Decided I liked my knees and ankles in the condition they were in...

Aww.. skiing doesn't have to hurt.  I learned when I was 11.  Stopped around 18 because it can be a pricey sport.  When my oldest was 10 and I was 44, my sister taught my boys to ski.  So I had to get back into it.    

There I was on the bunny slope trying to make my body remember what to do.  My 10 year saying "hey mom we have to go up to the top, this is not fun".  I said I'm trying and he said "come on, let's just go" then he added "challenge yourself, mom".  So we went to the top.
His words "challenge yourself, mom" come to mind every time I feel overwhelmed.

hmm... I wonder whose raising who..  :p
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:51:14 PM by terry »

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »
I miss skiing.  Haven't been since I was 21 or so, but I can't wait to go again. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent