Author Topic: First guest of Beck's new show on Fox...  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
First guest of Beck's new show on Fox...
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »

Edited to fix typo in subject line.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:15:53 PM by Tess »
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: First guest of Beck's new show on Fox...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
Kewl! I love Glenn. I gotta catch his new show.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:08:34 PM »
Tina Fey?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
Kewl! I love Glenn. I gotta catch his new show.

Glen Beck Show

Starts next Monday!  Yay!

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »
I have such profound respect for that woman its not funny
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Jim

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:51 PM »
Tina Fey?

nah, a really pretty woman.  REALLY pretty and smart !
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 09:18:44 PM »

Whichi s exactly why liberal woman H A T E her with a passion.  How dare a pretty woman be this intelligent, let alone conservative.  But the biggest issue is that she is pretty.  I mean just look at who the Libs have to measure up to???  It boils down the feminist hatred of other women that they feel threatened by.  If they are fugly and smart than it is okay...which is why they are okay with Shrillery and pastic palosi (among others).  She blew them ALL out of the water and they have NO clue how to deal with it which is why it go so nasty and disgusting.  Really a shame.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

The title said "first gues" at first so I knew it was Palin so I couldn't gues her.

My second guess would have been Lisa Leob.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
The title said "first gues" at first so I knew it was Palin so I couldn't gues her.

My second guess would have been Lisa Leob.

Hey!  I fixed that okay??  It's been a rough week...sniff sniff...

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 09:35:54 PM »
Hey!  I fixed that okay??  It's been a rough week...sniff sniff...
I know, not so much a rough week as a disappointing one, so it is any excuse for a little fun for me.  :-)
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Jim

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 09:37:44 PM »
Whichi s exactly why liberal woman H A T E her with a passion.  How dare a pretty woman be this intelligent, let alone conservative.  But the biggest issue is that she is pretty.  I mean just look at who the Libs have to measure up to???  It boils down the feminist hatred of other women that they feel threatened by.  If they are fugly and smart than it is okay...which is why they are okay with Shrillery and pastic palosi (among others).  She blew them ALL out of the water and they have NO clue how to deal with it which is why it go so nasty and disgusting.  Really a shame.

ya know Tess, I realize that women can be a little catty at times and you know i kind get that but the over the top and pathetically lame attacks on the governor are just amazing to me.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

ya know Tess, I realize that women can be a little catty at times and you know i kind get that but the over the top and pathetically lame attacks on the governor are just amazing to me.

The insecurities and threatened nature they showed were over the top.  It happens quite often to successful, intelligent, beautiful women.  There is this mentality that "anything goes" if you don't want another to succeed in any way, shape, or form.  And the bottom line is, she has done things in Alaska which Liberal feminists actually LIKED but once it was brought to national attention it was like they had to band together and let it all out in order to keep her down.  I have never seen such behavior.  I think the only other person they probably hate more than her is W.  It baffles the mind and truly makes me ashamed of my gender.

Offline Jim

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 10:10:27 PM »
The insecurities and threatened nature they showed were over the top.  It happens quite often to successful, intelligent, beautiful women.  There is this mentality that "anything goes" if you don't want another to succeed in any way, shape, or form.  And the bottom line is, she has done things in Alaska which Liberal feminists actually LIKED but once it was brought to national attention it was like they had to band together and let it all out in order to keep her down.  I have never seen such behavior.  I think the only other person they probably hate more than her is W.  It baffles the mind and truly makes me ashamed of my gender.

great points. 

it bothers me some as my daughter is, at least to me, pretty, smart and not a mindless lib and will eventually run up against some bias as well.  but I trust her stick with her values and persevere. 

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »
I know, not so much a rough week as a disappointing one, so it is any excuse for a little fun for me.  :-)
I'm good with a little fun...and alotta fun too....fun fun fun... :-)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »

great points. 

it bothers me some as my daughter is, at least to me, pretty, smart and not a mindless lib and will eventually run up against some bias as well.  but I trust her stick with her values and persevere. 

Yes, and she probably will.  That is why teaching and encouraging a strong sense of self on top of everything else is so important.  And, I'm not saying you don't...just as a woman and seeing what we do to our sex at times I think that the most a father can do for his daughter is support her in who she is and encourage her in pursuing her in all aspects of interest.  That way her looks will not factor as much in what SHE may think or do even if it does factor in how others react to her.  Working in the "business" world the past 5 years has really opened my mind to a lot of misconceptions about women in general. (I don't know about the beautiful part but I definitely know about the mentality that a woman doesn't know as much.)   Her looks will be able to open doors for sure, and her intelligence will help her walk through those doors.  Interestingly enough it will more than likely be other women that try to keep her from succeeding, not always a man.

Sorry for rambling.  It's what I do when I get a little tired.

Offline Jim

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
Yes, and she probably will.  That is why teaching and encouraging a strong sense of self on top of everything else is so important.  And, I'm not saying you don't...just as a woman and seeing what we do to our sex at times I think that the most a father can do for his daughter is support her in who she is and encourage her in pursuing her in all aspects of interest.  That way her looks will not factor as much in what SHE may think or do even if it does factor in how others react to her.  Working in the "business" world the past 5 years has really opened my mind to a lot of misconceptions about women in general. (I don't know about the beautiful part but I definitely know about the mentality that a woman doesn't know as much.)   Her looks will be able to open doors for sure, and her intelligence will help her walk through those doors.  Interestingly enough it will more than likely be other women that try to keep her from succeeding, not always a man.

Sorry for rambling.  It's what I do when I get a little tired.

I could not agree more and thanks so much for the feminine perspective.

She just received another school honor and I've been keen on her accepting that its a reflection on just what kind of kid she is.  I hope she "got it", I believe she did.  We're blessed that between her cousins ad godmother that she understands that it is up to her what kind of woman she becomes.  (Boy does it sound weird referring to her as a woman !  She's only 15 and it still seems like she was born only days ago !  I feel so old...)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:31 PM »

I could not agree more and thanks so much for the feminine perspective.

She just received another school honor and I've been keen on her accepting that its a reflection on just what kind of kid she is.  I hope she "got it", I believe she did.  We're blessed that between her cousins ad godmother that she understands that it is up to her what kind of woman she becomes.  (Boy does it sound weird referring to her as a woman !  She's only 15 and it still seems like she was born only days ago !  I feel so old...)

That is VERY cool!  And to have that support will be immeasurable to her.  Yes...15 year olds will do that to you.  I have one too.  Yipes!

Offline Jim

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 11:09:40 PM »
That is VERY cool!  And to have that support will be immeasurable to her.  Yes...15 year olds will do that to you.  I have one too.  Yipes!

I'm trying Tess, I really am.  She's a really good kid.  Its funny and sad about the other girls I've come to know who she tells be are not becoming the young women they might have been.  As a youth athletics guy with exposure to so many girls its kind of sad to see the lost potential but I continue to pray that they find their way somehow.

Each day I'm coming to appreciate how hard it is for a young lady to get through middle and high school free of the temptations out there.  Somehow it did not seem so bad back in the 60's and 70's when I thought is was so much worse.

Id ask all of us to say a little prayer that the rising generation find their way to a good and fruitful life.  God knows its hard.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 01:10:18 AM »
Tina Fey?

Tina Fey looks more like Elvis Costello than Sarah Palin.

And any woman to the right of Marx and with better looks than Andrea Dworkin (Google it, I dare ya) are loathed by liberal women... and men.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin