Author Topic: My "bouncy" story today  (Read 645 times)

Offline MrsSmith

My "bouncy" story today
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »
A person that I work with came up to me with a "gotcha" question...would I be so excited over Sarah Palin if she were a Democrat.  I said "Yes."  An outspoken pro-life Democrat with a Downs child who had cut earmarks the way she did, yes I would.

The counter was that, of course, many Democrats are pro-life...you just never hear of them. 

Well, yeah, that's the problem.  The whole party stands for "a woman's choice."  The ones that are pro-life are silent.  And why would they vote Democratic, anyway, if they're prolife?  We kill over a million babies every year...every single year...and the Democratic party supports that!

The counter was that, of course, incest babies should be aborted.  Absolutely.

So, what about the rest of them.  Seriously, incest accounts for maybe 1%.  of a MILLION or more every year.  What about all the rest of them.

I think the reaction was close to... :bird:.  Certainly, I got the glare.  The final counter..."Well, I don't care about that.  I care about me, and how I'm going to manage. Humph."

To be fair, the person speaking is probably over retirement age, and still working.  I still found that reply so telling.  For the extra $5 a month in the SS check, nothing else really matters.   :(

No wonder so many can't understand why "repigs" vote "against their best interests."   :thatsright:

(Oh, and no cops, no bushes, no conversions.  Sorry.   :bawl:)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline overlord

Re: My "bouncy" story today
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
SO.......
A person that I work with came up to me with a "gotcha" question...would I be so excited over Sarah Palin if she were a Democrat.  I said "Yes."  An outspoken pro-life Democrat with a Downs child who had cut earmarks the way she did, yes I would.

The counter was that, of course, many Democrats are pro-life...you just never hear of them. 

Well, yeah, that's the problem.  The whole party stands for "a woman's choice."  The ones that are pro-life are silent.  And why would they vote Democratic, anyway, if they're prolife?  We kill over a million babies every year...every single year...and the Democratic party supports that!

The counter was that, of course, incest babies should be aborted.  Absolutely.

So, what about the rest of them.  Seriously, incest accounts for maybe 1%.  of a MILLION or more every year.  What about all the rest of them.

I think the reaction was close to... :bird:.  Certainly, I got the glare.  The final counter..."Well, I don't care about that.  I care about me, and how I'm going to manage. Humph."

To be fair, the person speaking is probably over retirement age, and still working.  I still found that reply so telling.  For the extra $5 a month in the SS check, nothing else really matters.   :(

No wonder so many can't understand why "repigs" vote "against their best interests."   :thatsright:

(Oh, and no cops, no bushes, no conversions.  Sorry.   :bawl:)

You forgot something... :tongue:
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »
No cops, no bushes and no conversions?

No more than 2 bongs for this story on the Bouncy Ball scale of 1 to 10 bongs with 10 being best.  :-)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell