Author Topic: is ACORN subject to RICO?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
is ACORN subject to RICO?
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:18:40 AM »
there is (Was?) a law called the Rackateer Influnced and Corrupt Orginizations law that punished orginizations for consistant bad behavior if there was evidence that the orginizaton (for instance the Teamsters Union) was under the influence of Orginized Crime.

From what I have seen, ACORN is orginized crime.  is there any possiblity that it could fall under this law? :popcorn:
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: is ACORN subject to RICO?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
there is (Was?) a law called the Rackateer Influnced and Corrupt Orginizations law that punished orginizations for consistant bad behavior if there was evidence that the orginizaton (for instance the Teamsters Union) was under the influence of Orginized Crime.

From what I have seen, ACORN is orginized crime.  is there any possiblity that it could fall under this law? :popcorn:

If not, it should.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:34:03 PM »
It should. +1
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »
ACORN is simmering and about to erupt in the mess-uh's face.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:09:58 AM »
Maybe we can call this guy.

"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline Woody

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:18:44 AM »
Even liberals are smart enough to protect their nuts!

(If they can remember where they put them...)
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »
A friend of mine had a run in with ACORN in Cincinnati the other day.  He works downtown and was approached by one of them outside his office building.  The fellow was pushing him pretty hard about registering to vote and the conversation went something like this:

I'm already registered.

Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure.

Well, you don't want to be disenfranchised.

I told you, I'm already registered.

(At this point, he figured out the guy was from ACORN, so he decided to have some fun.)

You know that sometimes they take people off the rolls.  You want to be sure don't you?

I'm pretty sure.  I'm registered Republican.

Are you going to vote?

Yes, I'm voting for McCain.

But Obama will bring change.

If he gets elected, all I'll have left in my pocket is change.  That's not the kind of change I want.  

At this point, he started walking away and the ACORN idiot was mumbling something about Iraq.  He said that during that conversation, the ACORN guy was being pretty pushy and basically violating his personal space, almost to the point of making contact.  I haven't had to deal with any of them myself, at least not yet, but I've heard stories of them harassing people in hotels in Cincinnati.  Ohio is going to be pretty important, and this early voting stuff has me a bit worried.
"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:25:18 AM »
Even liberals are smart enough to protect their nuts!

(If they can remember where they put them...)

I've always thought that instead of protecting their nuts, they are always showing they're nuts.