Author Topic: Teen Banned for Dyed Hair Fights School's Policy  (Read 613 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Teen Banned for Dyed Hair Fights School's Policy
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »
Teen Banned for Dyed Hair Fights School's Policy

A high school student has been banned from classes in Tasmania after a dispute over the color of his hair.

Cruise Walsh, 16, claims he is being discriminated against at Hobart's New Town High School after he dyed his hair black with red streaks.

He says the school told him on Friday that until he changed his hair to suit policy guidelines, he would be banned from class.

But the well-spoken 10th grader said he could not understand why he was isolated.

"I felt surprised and shocked, made an outcast by a teacher," he said, after he left school upset only 15 minutes into the school day.

MORE

Break the rules, deal with the consequences.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Teen Banned for Dyed Hair Fights School's Policy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
Wonder what would happen if a girl bleached her hair blond with red hi-lights?  I wonder at what point they consider red too red.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Teen Banned for Dyed Hair Fights School's Policy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »
Wonder what would happen if a girl bleached her hair blond with red hi-lights?  I wonder at what point they consider red too red.
Heh, I had a couple of teachers with blue hair.    :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.