Author Topic: Schade,, Check This Guy Out  (Read 789 times)

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Schade,, Check This Guy Out
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:49:07 PM »
http://www.daveramsey.com/tdrs/index.cfm/2008/9/23/Fix-the-bailout-with-mark-to-market?ictid=sptlt

A quick summary: Companies that had billions in subprime loans were feeling the effects of their stupid decision to make those loans in the first place, and practically gave them away for pennies on the dollar. But since no one wants these loans, and they've had to mark them down to market value, it has frozen the market. If we temporarily change the rule that forces companies to do that, that will free the market up.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Re: Schade,, Check This Guy Out
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »
Now I don't like guaranteeing them, but I like it better than buying them. In other words, instead of $700 billion in tax-payer debt going out there to bail out these companies, just extend the insurance out. You could probably do that for less than $40 billion. It's like a 95% savings!

this is exactly the plan Bohener and his group of rebel Republicans are pushing for.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:27:35 PM »
thank you! I hope the politicians do the right thing and let the private sector reinvest.

I just watched vids 1-5 of "Ask a Super Genius - The Financial Crisis" on Youtube.. a somewhat corny title, but oh so informative.

[youtube=425,350]gTr3aWqZsgc[/youtube]
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »
thank you! I hope the politicians do the right thing and let the private sector reinvest.

I just watched vids 1-5 of "Ask a Super Genius - The Financial Crisis" on Youtube.. a somewhat corny title, but oh so informative.
I love it when your brains are showing.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »

I love it when your brains are showing.

I was hoping to show you my fornix or gyrus... but since we've known each other for a year, perhaps my medulla oblongata would be most appropriate.

Trust me, it's not easy to come up to speed on all think financial in 24 short hours.  :uhsure:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€