Author Topic: An American Carol  (Read 956 times)

Offline paladin0

An American Carol
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
This movie is coming out and it skewers Michael Moore. The website is funny, but I fear the movie maybe unfunny and tank.

Anyone else hear of this movie?

http://www.americancarolers.com/

http://www.moovealong.org/

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: An American Carol
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
The actor who plays the Michael Moore character is from Wisconsin and was on the Vicki McKenna show a few weeks ago.

You can find the audio on this page just search for "Kevin Farley" or the movie title.

It sounds kind of good to me so far.  It could be really bad.  Most comedies are.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:22:59 PM »
The actor who plays the Michael Moore character is from Wisconsin and was on the Vicki McKenna show a few weeks ago.

You can find the audio on this page just search for "Kevin Farley" or the movie title.

It sounds kind of good to me so far.  It could be really bad.  Most comedies are.
I believe that is Chris Farleys brother! :lmao: The movie looks hilarious! :rotf:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Woody

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »
My concern: It will tank because it will get savaged in the reviews. 

Sadly, it will probably do better than Syriana, Stop Loss, etc.  But that won't be noted in the press, either.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »
Reviews seem to have only an incidental relationship with how movies do, it'll either succeed or fail on its apppeal to real audiences.  The Christmas Carol theme has been done a great many times and none of them have been socko box office, so it'll be doing well if it just doesn't fail miserably.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
It can't be any worse than Sicko.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
My concern: It will tank because it will get savaged in the reviews. 

Sadly, it will probably do better than Syriana, Stop Loss, etc.  But that won't be noted in the press, either.

Not to push it, but Team America was ripped savagely and it succeeded fantastically.  And, of course we all remember what the critics (all leftists) said about "The Passion of the Christ."

Watch "W" tank and this do well.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Woody

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »
Not to push it, but Team America was ripped savagely and it succeeded fantastically.  And, of course we all remember what the critics (all leftists) said about "The Passion of the Christ."

My original draft mentioned Team America, but I left it out because Trey and Matt are their own force. 

Watch "W" tank and this do well.

My hopes exactly.
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951