Author Topic: Colombia seizes uranium from leftist guerrillas  (Read 8056 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Colombia seizes uranium from leftist guerrillas
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:23:32 AM »
Colombia seizes uranium from leftist guerrillas
27 Mar 2008 03:16:58 GMT
Source: Reuters
By Hugh Bronstein

BOGOTA, March 26 (Reuters) - Colombia said it seized at least 66 pounds (30 kg) of uranium from the country's biggest left-wing rebel group on Wednesday, the first time radioactive material has been linked to the four-decade-old guerrilla war.

The uranium was found in a rural area long considered a Marxist guerrilla stronghold just south of the capital Bogota.

It is being examined by government experts, the defense ministry said in a statement, although it did not say where the material came from or what it could be used for.

An expert on Colombia's cocaine-fueled conflict said rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC, do not have the facilities needed to make a bomb with uranium.

"This appears to have been part of a black market operation that the guerrillas were trying to use to make money," said Pablo Casas, an analyst at Bogota think-tank Security and Democracy.

"This is new for Colombia and could bring the FARC into the major leagues of black market terrorist transactions," he said.

More: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N26296862.htm
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Colombia seizes uranium from leftist guerrillas
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:08:03 PM »
Dirty bombs coming our way.
--------Just another reason to vote for Mccain. He is the only one running who will fight the terrorists. Its the only reason I'm voting for him.

God help us if Obama/Jimmy Carter II gets elected.
How many Americans will die because of Liberal incompetence?

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:08:30 AM »
Dirty bombs coming our way.
--------Just another reason to vote for Mccain. He is the only one running who will fight the terrorists. Its the only reason I'm voting for him.

lol, McCain would do exactly what Bush did in this circumstance. Nothing.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
So now you're privvy to what's being done behind the scenes?  You have insight as to what's being done at CIA and elsewhere?

Wow, you must be a friggin HOOT at parties.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:56:54 AM »
WWRPD?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 08:03:16 AM »
Holy crap.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:03:58 AM »
WWRPD?

OMG that is too funny!  (this is the first time I have seen that used -- hahahahaha).

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
WWRPD?

Nothing............that's another country and none of our buisness. We need to cut off aid to Columbia nd all other places and bring all of our troops home. That uranium isn't in the USA so it's not a problem
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »
WWRPD?

Nothing............that's another country and none of our buisness. We need to cut off aid to Columbia nd all other places and bring all of our troops home. That uranium isn't in the USA so it's not a problem
You forgot to add:

This is probably a false flag operation ala Gulf of Tonkin, but if the US did get hit by a dirty bomb its blowback for our years of meddling in foreign affairs against the poor, oppressed Marxist revolutionaries.

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
So now you're privvy to what's being done behind the scenes?  You have insight as to what's being done at CIA and elsewhere?

Wow, you must be a friggin HOOT at parties.

I don't need to be "privvy".  Bush hasn't even mentioned this.  The only talk from the government is from the state department.  You would think that finding uranium would be a slightly important thing to talk about.

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
WWRPD?

You forgot to add:

This is probably a false flag operation ala Gulf of Tonkin, but if the US did get hit by a dirty bomb its blowback for our years of meddling in foreign affairs against the poor, oppressed Marxist revolutionaries.

thats either a stupid or irrelevant statement.  You choose which it is.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
Care to actually try and demonstrate what you think must be the error or are you going to puss-out yet again with another of your non-statements?

Paul does in fact make such moronic statements.

I is relevant because you brought in McCain to counter the statement that Hillary and Obama would leave us exposed to such threats as if that retard from Tx Dist 14 would be any different.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
Dirty bombs coming our way.--------Just another reason to vote for Mccain. He is the only one running who will fight the terrorists. Its the only reason I'm voting for him.
lol, McCain would do exactly what Bush did in this circumstance. Nothing.

From listening to Liberal politicians since 9/11, I get the impression that they would blame America then appologise for our own existence for this situation.
I don't get that impression from McCain.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 06:14:55 PM »
Just because some terrorists are stupid, doesn't mean all terrorists are stupid. You have to be fairly intelligent to fly a plane...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »
Care to actually try and demonstrate what you think must be the error or are you going to puss-out yet again with another of your non-statements?

I is relevant because you brought in McCain to counter the statement that Hillary and Obama would leave us exposed to such threats as if that retard from Tx Dist 14 would be any different.

the one making moronic statements here is you.  I have not even mentioned ron paul here.  I also didn't mention hillary or obama.  Try some reading comprehension classes out, it would be useful for you.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »

the one making moronic statements here is you.  I have not even mentioned ron paul here.  I also didn't mention hillary or obama.  Try some reading comprehension classes out, it would be useful for you.
Oh, I get it it. People can't mention candidates unless pre-approved by you.

Why aren't you arguing this line with MrMann? "I don't know why you're bringing Hillary and Obama into this"[/snivel] Or do your so-called principles only apply the idiot from Tx Dist 14?

Excuse me testicle-breath, but the subject was about how Hillary and Obama would be poor choices for dealing with a serious issue. You took a swipe at McCain as if that moron you vote for has something to brag about. The the idiot from Tx Dist 14 embarrasses you so much perhaps you should get off your knees and find a new boyfriend.

the one making moronic statements here is you.  I have not even mentioned ron paul here...
What an interesting Freudian slip: ron paul = moronic statement

heh

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:11 AM »

Oh, I get it it. People can't mention candidates unless pre-approved by you.

Why aren't you arguing this line with MrMann? "I don't know why you're bringing Hillary and Obama into this"[/snivel] Or do your so-called principles only apply the idiot from Tx Dist 14?

Excuse me testicle-breath, but the subject was about how Hillary and Obama would be poor choices for dealing with a serious issue. You took a swipe at McCain as if that moron you vote for has something to brag about. The the idiot from Tx Dist 14 embarrasses you so much perhaps you should get off your knees and find a new boyfriend.

the one making moronic statements here is you.  I have not even mentioned ron paul here...
What an interesting Freudian slip: ron paul = moronic statement

heh

freudian slip?  the term "blowback" (which you posted) is something paul says alot.  Also, the subject has nothing to do at all with how hillary or obama would be poor choices.  Once again, you lack reading comprehension.  The subject is that Colombia seized uranium from FARC, not something political.

I'm not arguing that line with MrMann because A. that statement was addressed to you.(yep, reading comprehension again...)  B. MrMann only knows how to use the "ad hominem" approach.

You would think that I would conceal my support for RP if I was so embarrased by him, right? 

BTW, yes, the gay jokes really do make you look intelligent, keep up the good work.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
Ooooh! You deduced blowback was a Paulian reference. He's a good boy, yes he is!

And who the **** are you to tell us we cannot frame a military story in a political context? Military-politics...they kinda go together. It figures a typical Paulestinian couldn't figure out that uranium on an open market in an age of global terrorism.

And yes, you do seem embarrassed by RP because you never argue FOR him you just snivel when people point ou his idiocy and even then you can't argue the point--in this case RP's head-burying and BAF mentality--you just whine.

fag...and a whiny little one at that.

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
Ooooh! You deduced blowback was a Paulian reference. He's a good boy, yes he is!

And who the **** are you to tell us we cannot frame a military story in a political context? Military-politics...they kinda go together. It figures a typical Paulestinian couldn't figure out that uranium on an open market in an age of global terrorism.

And yes, you do seem embarrassed by RP because you never argue FOR him you just snivel when people point ou his idiocy and even then you can't argue the point--in this case RP's head-burying and BAF mentality--you just whine.

fag...and a whiny little one at that.

and here we go again.  SB, you really need to learn how to read.  I didn't say you couldn't do anything.  You really need to actually try to read the words I type instead of reading the first word then assuming the rest.  Really SB, whats the point in arguing for him here of all places?  all the responses would be either " :mental:", " :bird:", any other assorted emoticon, mr.mann making yet another thread about me, and a few childish ad-hominems  from you and a few others (AKA "non responses").  Everyone else would simply not care.  So tell me, what is the point?

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »
WWRPD?

You forgot to add:

FARC is only using this stuff to build a powerplant, for peaceful purposes! WHY CAN'T YOU NEO-CONS UNDERSTAND!!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 02:38:33 AM »
and here we go again.  SB, you really need to learn how to read.  I didn't say you couldn't do anything.  You really need to actually try to read the words I type instead of reading the first word then assuming the rest.  Really SB, whats the point in arguing for him here of all places?  all the responses would be either " :mental:", " :bird:", any other assorted emoticon, mr.mann making yet another thread about me, and a few childish ad-hominems  from you and a few others (AKA "non responses").  Everyone else would simply not care.  So tell me, what is the point?
Weird, cause in this thread he never mentioned you or RP; you chimed in on his (very reasonable) comment of your own accord then complain he isn't worth arguing with.

And, no, it is not an ad hom to point out the fact that you never address substance all you do is "*yawn*" You don't debate points, you snivell.

Please tell us:

Why we can't discuss, in this particular thread, why certain politicians would be poor choices when events like this are occurring?

Why we can't point out the fact RP would be one of the poorest choices because he's an ostrich with a blame-America-first complex?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:44 AM »
 :banghead: Every thread John posts on ends up this way. John ruins any conversation about the OP with inane remarks designed to start a fight. And sure enough, a long drawn out fight follows.

I just wish bitch slaps would actually mean something.

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
Weird, cause in this thread he never mentioned you or RP; you chimed in on his (very reasonable) comment of your own accord then complain he isn't worth arguing with.

And, no, it is not an ad hom to point out the fact that you never address substance all you do is "*yawn*" You don't debate points, you snivell.

Please tell us:

Why we can't discuss, in this particular thread, why certain politicians would be poor choices when events like this are occurring?

Why we can't point out the fact RP would be one of the poorest choices because he's an ostrich with a blame-America-first complex?

ok.  So you think any other candidate would just have said "oh look uranium, who cares"?  Mr.Mann seems to think that McCain is the only one who would do anything.  Do you really agree with that?

Offline JohnMatrix

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »
:banghead: Every thread John posts on ends up this way. John ruins any conversation about the OP with inane remarks designed to start a fight. And sure enough, a long drawn out fight follows.

I just wish bitch slaps would actually mean something.

try not to have a heart attack/stroke with all the anger you have.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »
i wonder how many pages this thread will have by tommorow? :popcorn:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.