Interests > Hobbies

I wanted to show you all something....

(1/5) > >>

BEG:
This is what real quilting looks like.  This quilt just won first place in "Innovative Wholecloth" at MQS (it's a big time quilt show).   Wholecloth quilting is just that, a quilt made from one piece of fabric.  The way the black is made is called "Shadow Trapunto".  It is done by layering a really dark fabric (for this case black) under very thin white fabric (usually Batiste).  You stitch around every part you want black in thread that disappears when it gets wet.  Then cut away all the black area that you want white.  Then you do the quilting (she used black thread).     As I'm sure you all can see, it is very time consuming and takes a lot of talent.  This is what I want to achieve one day, this is just amazing. 

Wretched Excess:
I keep on reading your threads with titles like " I wanted to show you all something", and "look at this", and all I ever see is damn quilts and stuff :whatever:

:-)

BEG:

--- Quote from: Wretched Excess on May 19, 2008, 08:49:25 AM ---I keep on reading your threads with titles like " I wanted to show you all something", and "look at this", and all I ever see is damn quilts and stuff :whatever:

--- End quote ---

You should have learned you lesson by now.   :p  But I bet you will keep on looking, just incase I post a provocative picture of myself or something.   :-*

Wretched Excess:

--- Quote from: BEG on May 19, 2008, 08:51:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wretched Excess on May 19, 2008, 08:49:25 AM ---I keep on reading your threads with titles like " I wanted to show you all something", and "look at this", and all I ever see is damn quilts and stuff :whatever:

--- End quote ---

You should have learned you lesson by now.   :p  But I bet you will keep on looking, just incase I post a provocative picture of myself or something.   :-*

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure how much more disappointment I can take. :thatsright:  not to poo-poo the quilts, mind you;  they are very good, as far as quilts go.

DixieBelle:
BEG, I'm speechless! That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Quilts to me are like the ones my granny used to make. Just simple scraps sewn together. They are also beautiful but I had no idea this method of quilting existed! I can't imagine and skill and patience involved. Wow!

You'll have to let us know if you attempt this method. I bet it would be gorgeous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version