The Bar > The Lounge

Sunday...anyone awake? anyone? Bueller?

(1/10) > >>

jtyangel:
Morning everyone...I'm up, I guess not particularly early since it is almost 8, but I have some schoolwork to accomplish today.

Since it is 8 and not much better then dawn outside, I'm assuming it will be an ugly gray Ohio day(as usual for this time of year).

TOTD: Name one technology that has changed your life...and why.

For me it definitely has to be the computer. I think it is a mixed blessing though. Connecting with people here can often lead a void in one's normal life if one isn't careful with keeping a balance. It can isolate people, but by the same token people who are isolated already by circumstance or condition can now find ways to connect with other people and at least keep their minds active and vibrant.

bijou:
The day is half over here! Lots of paperwork to catch up on which is not good. 
TOTD definitely the computer, it's the one piece of tech I would find it hard to give up.

RightCoast:
Morning.  I've been away for a few days visiting my sister.

computer - imagine having all the world's information at your fingertips - and we use it for Babe of the Day   :lmao:

Schadenfreude:
Welcome back RC, I was missing you and hoping you didn't join a cult or something.  :-)

Ditto on the computer, though I would have to say specifically the internet-abled personal computer. And I also agree that it is so easy to sit home and look up your friends rather than call and visit. That may not always be a good thing. Yea, dude of the day....   :lmao:

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: bijou on January 13, 2008, 07:19:02 AM ---The day is half over here! Lots of paperwork to catch up on which is not good. 
TOTD definitely the computer, it's the one piece of tech I would find it hard to give up.

--- End quote ---

Yep, it is definitely THAT useful!

I share your pain on the catching up part, bijou...I want to look for misplaced and severed body part stories and stupid crook tales, but I have a couple chapters to tend to in my studies. Until later! :cheersmate:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version