Interests > Hobbies

I made something else......

(1/4) > >>

BEG:
Burp Cloth out of a cloth diaper.   :-)

This was the first one I made, I made a couple mistakes (I'm not going to tell you what they are :p ). 

I realized after I took the pictures that it probably wasn't too smart to take a picture of it on the quilt because it kind of gets lost but I'm not going to retake it.  The one of the back is how you "enclose" the sides of the diaper with a strip of fabric and it kind of gets lost on the quilt.  I noticed on Etsy.com that a lot of the "boutique" type burp cloths only had the strip of fabric going down the middle.  Some of them had an applique or embroidered name but they mainly were pretty plain, which isn't so bad because it is after all just a cloth to wipe baby puke up with.  :puke:  I decided to machine embroider an owl on this one.  I think the owl goes well with the fabric.  I didn't have the right colors of thread that the embroidered owl called for but I think it looks ok.  I think if I start doing this for other baby gifts I will do them in sets of three all with different but coordinating fabric. 

I have the directions on how to make these if anyone is interested.

Back (or front if you don't do applique)

jtyangel:
You are just so talented with this, BEG. Incredible!

BEG:

--- Quote from: jtyangel on April 25, 2008, 06:27:31 PM ---You are just so talented with this, BEG. Incredible!

--- End quote ---

You wouldn't by chance be in need of any burp cloths would you?  :p  I'm afraid they are going to be addicting. 

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: BEG on April 25, 2008, 06:29:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: jtyangel on April 25, 2008, 06:27:31 PM ---You are just so talented with this, BEG. Incredible!

--- End quote ---

You wouldn't by chance be in need of any burp cloths would you?  :p  I'm afraid they are going to be addicting. 

--- End quote ---

Umm, that would be a big fat, unchallenged and absolutely sure, no...lol

Maybe I could figure out something appropriate to put away for my daughter for when she's off on her own or something.  :-* :-*

I adore your quilts. One of these days I'll have to pester you with dollars in hand to make me one.

DixieBelle:
Adorable! The owl is a nice touch!

I went through so many of those cloth diapers when the little Belle was a baby.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version