Current Events > Politics

"Is American public education a form of child abuse?"

(1/1)

ReardenSteel:
Professional provocateur Mark Steyn on zero tolerance insanity. An article well worth reading...

..."called the police"  :whatever:

--- Quote ---Randy Principles
First Grade outrage.

By Mark Steyn

Is American public education a form of child abuse? A week ago, the Washington Post’s Brigid Schulte reported on a student named Randy Castro who attends school in Woodbridge, Va. Last November at recess he slapped a classmate on her bottom. The teacher took him to the principal. School officials wrote up an incident report and then called the police.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Randy Castro is in the First Grade. But, at the ripe old age of six, he’s been declared a sex offender by Potomac View Elementary School. He’s guilty of sexual harassment, and the incident report will remain on his record for the rest of his schooldays — and maybe beyond. Maybe it’ll be one of those things that just keeps turning up on background checks forever and ever: Perhaps 34-year-old Randy Castro will apply for a job and at his prospective employer’s computer up will pop his sexual-harasser status yet again. Or maybe he’ll be able to keep it hushed up until he’s 57 and runs for governor of Virginia and suddenly his political career self-detonates when the sordid details of his Spitzeresque sexual pathologies are revealed. But that’s what he is now: Randy Castro, sex offender. The title of the incident report spells out his crime: “Sexual Touching Against Student, Offensive.” The curiously placed comma might also be offensive were it not that school officials are having to spend so much of their energies grappling with the First Grade sexual-harassment epidemic they can no longer afford to waste time acquiring peripheral skills such as punctuation.
--- End quote ---

Ouch!

Almost all of us CCers would gladly fight for the right to be first in line to kick the snot out of anyone that would hurt a child. (and then volunteer for the privilege of "throwing away the key" to the bastards cell) But what are we to think about public school officials who equate the banality of childhood goofyness with a sexual act? Who are the real sick minded pervs here and why have we allowed them such authority? In short, WTF?

:banghead: :banghead:

SSG Snuggle Bunny:
Would these be the same public schools that distribute birth control, teach that mutual masturbation, oral and anal sex are alternatives to birth control, that same sex relations are A-OK and that you're too hormonally wound-up to control your urges as if you're some un-house trained dog?

And now, we've put a bunch of morons that can't spell and appear to be so sexually confused themselves they can't tell when a child too young to feel any sexual predilections is acting in an unsexual manner.

Ptarmigan:
We may disagree when it comes to rabbits, but Mr. Snuggle Bunny is right on. America needs change, I mean real change. This is what insane liberalism wrought on this great nation. If you watch the movie Idiocracy, it is no different from today.

DixieBelle:
I totally agree with snuggles. It's insane.

Dixie*Darling:
Spot on MSB!

Liberalism and political correctness at it's worst.

It's beyond time to get back to the basics; reading, writing and arithmetic.  I shudder to think what my grandchildren will learn in the cesspool that is considered public education.  I've already had discussions with my son and DIL about this.  If money is an obstacle, I will step in and help with funding a private schooling situation. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version