Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 10022 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Hello there
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
ah ha!!!  you are a cat lover  :naughty:

Most men like pussies

(cats)
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:11 AM »
My names Mike, I'm a Political Science major.
I'm probably get accused of being a liberal several hundred times, as my passion is Debate, so I've trained myself to see both sides.
I'm socially liberal, but politically moderate.
I have a conditioned irrational distaste for Conservativeness, however, I'm completely aware of this and I'm sure I'll overcome it eventually.

I have a knack for pointing out logical fallacies and giving tips on how to improve ones arguments, don't take it as an insult, it's merely constructive criticism.

Hopefully you'll grow out of the stars-in-your-eyes and I'm-like-totally-super-intelligent phase when you enter the workaday world and start having to rely upon yourself.  At least you're cognizant of your one admitted failing.  It's a start.  Good luck.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »
Let's try not to run this kid off.  The fact that he's here and being respectful with his questions tells me that he's open to listening to our opinions.  Instead of pushing another person over to the DU side, why don't we convince this kid that our beliefs are correct?

AYFKM?

Respectful with his questions/comments? Like this?

Homosexuality isn't just about sex. It's a state of identity.

You then said sex outside of marriage is immoral. That didn't really answer. But never mind. Why is sex outside of marriage immoral?

People seem to throw the word immoral out at anything they disprove of now adays.

How about this one?

So the whole argument that it harms troop cohesion and morale is mostly baseless?
Awesome.

The first comment was not written in a manner indicating respectful discourse. If anything, the comment denotes petulance, arrogance, and a heaping tablespoon of "**** you."

You, as a cop, get to deal with that shit every day and my hat's off to you because you apparently can do it without boiling over. I'm not a cop, so I don't have to deal with that shit every day. Therefore, I can allow myself to call bullshit on a kid who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

The second comment was written in response to your own expressed position on gays in the military.

While I disagree with your premise, the fact you served goes a long way and while I disagree, I respect your opinion.

Asswipes like this kid Bertie have nothing to say in this matter, as far as I'm concerned, until they ruck up and swear an oath. Until then, it's just another punk running his cock holster [h/t to Sparky for that one  :lmao:]

Tell you what -- you go ahead and entertain him. I'll engage when he ****s up.

If he runs off to DU, that's no sweat off my brow. Good friggin' riddance.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
What exactly does a political science major do once he milks mom and dad for the money to get his degree?

They become politicians! They indoctrinate these kids to the liberal religion, then send them out to indoctrinate others! These are the kids that stifle free speech on campus by actin' like complete assholes when a conservative is invited to speak. They protest, shout down the speaker so his opinion cannot be heard, hell, they even throw pies in order to disrupt any education that might be gained!

How many times have ya engaged in this sort of childish behavior, Bert?

We're not goin' to change this punk's mind in the least! What the hell would he do for a job after he graduates? Pretty sure anyone tryin' to introduce this puppy into conservatism is "humpin' a football"!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Bertram

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
What exactly does a political science major do once he milks mom and dad for the money to get his degree?

They become politicians! They indoctrinate these kids to the liberal religion, then send them out to indoctrinate others! These are the kids that stifle free speech on campus by actin' like complete assholes when a conservative is invited to speak. They protest, shout down the speaker so his opinion cannot be heard, hell, they even throw pies in order to disrupt any education that might be gained!

How many times have ya engaged in this sort of childish behavior, Bert?

We're not goin' to change this punk's mind in the least! What the hell would he do for a job after he graduates? Pretty sure anyone tryin' to introduce this puppy into conservatism is "humpin' a football"!

You have made some progress in me. I took a few hours studying the Laffer curve, now I understand how raising tax rates can decrease tax income. But I'm still a pro healthcare, (Not the current system, the current system sucks) pro moderate gun control, support gay marriage, I think organized religion is (mostly) unproductive, I'm not pro union, but I'm not anti union. I haven't made up my mind. I don't care about abortion because I think that is should be (almost) a non issue. I think the American Political system is terribly broken, it's run by lobbyists and corporations. Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission makes me cry a little inside.
There are only two parties in the United States so every election there is a choice between two evils. A Parliamentary system would be much better. I think that there should be a test required to be eligible to vote, but I'm still working on that plan, maybe I'll start a new thread with my 'master plan.' I think Sarah Palin is not suited to be President and McCain might be sitting in that office if he had chose somebody else.
That's my overall bias. :)
I'm here to be intellectually manipulated into being more conservative. Or at least legitimizing Conservative viewpoints in my head. (So I can use them to crush unwitting liberal debaters)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 12:08:59 AM »
Funny, I have grown to distaste liberals but it was never conditioned or irrational.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »
You have made some progress in me. I took a few hours studying the Laffer curve, now I understand how raising tax rates can decrease tax income. But I'm still a pro healthcare, (Not the current system, the current system sucks) pro moderate gun control, support gay marriage, I think organized religion is (mostly) unproductive, I'm not pro union, but I'm not anti union. I haven't made up my mind. I don't care about abortion because I think that is should be (almost) a non issue. I think the American Political system is terribly broken, it's run by lobbyists and corporations. Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission makes me cry a little inside.
There are only two parties in the United States so every election there is a choice between two evils. A Parliamentary system would be much better. I think that there should be a test required to be eligible to vote, but I'm still working on that plan, maybe I'll start a new thread with my 'master plan.' I think Sarah Palin is not suited to be President and McCain might be sitting in that office if he had chose somebody else.
That's my overall bias. :)
I'm here to be intellectually manipulated into being more conservative. Or at least legitimizing Conservative viewpoints in my head. (So I can use them to crush unwitting liberal debaters)

As you've said, you're listening. That's a good thing.

You've let a list of positions out on various issues. Now it's time for you to justify them.

Maybe the thing to do is for you post a thread on one or more of these issues, along with your rationale as to WHY you believe what you believe. If it's your opinion, state so. If you're basing your belief on empirical evidence, strongly suggest you provide a link to that source -- and hopefully it's a credible source. Wikipedia is not generally considered to be terribly credible, though depending on the issue, Wiki does have its uses.

I'd suggest also that you do NOT begin in this thread. This is an intro thread, not a political or social issue thread.

I'll withhold further commentary until you present your theses.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
Funny, I have grown to distaste liberals but it was never conditioned or irrational.   

I bet living in CA is making that hatred/distaste of liberals more conditioned, though.

Tell me I'm wrong, BEG.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bertram

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Conditioned distaste=single liberal mom.